The operation

Today is the day I go into the hospital for my operation on my left knee. I am hoping this will help my leg. It will stop my knee from giving out. I should be able to dance properly during the next leg of our tour. I am still waiting on Caitlin's offer of coming here. But I haven't heard anything. I spoke to her last night. She didn't mention anything then. So I guess she isn't coming. I'm gutted as I pack a small bag as I'm staying the night there. I grab the bear Caitlin gave me for my birthday, hoping it would cheer me up. I guess she couldn't get time off or find somewhere for Max to stay. Jon was tight-lipped over something as he tidied up the kitchen area. I look at him oddly, what is he doing?

"What are you doing?".

" Nothing. Just tidying up the kitchen" I give him a funny look. He is so up to something.
"Are you ready for your op then?".

" I guess".

"You don't sound it".

" I scared that it does not help".

"You will be alright?".

" I hope so" I anxiously said. 

"Of course it will go well. And you will be up and running in no time".

" I worried about having more scars". Did he just roll his eyes?

"They gonna be small because aren't you having keyhole surgery".

" Yeah, still means I'm going to worry about it. And it still going to scar. So more scars on my leg".

"Yeah, nothing like the ones you have now".

" Don't remind me?".

"I still remember you panicking when you stupidly looked at them when your cast finally came off and all the times you had your left leg covered so no one could see it. Even at the beach break, you hid it under a towel even though it was only us there" he replied, "I know that is not the only reason you don't sound right".

" I am also worried that Caitlin isn't coming because I haven't heard from Caitlin".

"Maybe she can't come".

" Yeah maybe". He is so up to something. He's never this tight-lipped about anything.

"Right you ready to go then".

" Yeah, I guess" I put the strap of my bag up on my right shoulder. I walk out into the hallway and through the front door towards Jon's car. I feel a little more relaxed when I feel his hand on my shoulder.

"It will be alright".

" I hope so".

"Are you going to mention your recent seizure".

" I guess I should".

"You want me to stay". As he starts the car.

" Please. I will feel better if you did". There was a hint of vulnerability in my voice. I feel so scared. I should be used to going into the hospital. I have been many times since our accident in 2017. But I'm scared of hospitals now. I used to be alright it was just needles I hated. Now I hated going to the hospital. I fear it now. I have lost count how many times I have been since 2017. I am glad Jon is going to stay with me. It makes me feel better. But what makes it 100 times better is if I knew Caitlin was coming. I know she doesn't want to meet my family yet. But she is gonna have to soon because Thanksgiving is coming soon. And I can't keep her away from that because I know mom will want me to bring her. I was in a daydream I nearly missed what Jon said next.

"I will stay until you go for your op".

" Thank you. I'm just feeling a little scared". I look out of the window as he drives down the driveway on towards the hospital.