Chapter 1

First day at Storm Coast High, students crowded the hallways, chatting and catching up with friends after their summer holidays.

Zayn: (Frustrated) Where the fuck is he?
Liam: (rolls his eyes) Calm down, will you? What did you expect? It's the first day of school and he's obviously late.
Niall: Liam's right Zee. Calm
down.

(Bell rings)

Zayn: Fuck it. I'll go pick
him up.
Liam: (Exasperated) Are you crazy? He'll be here. You know him. He's not a baby.
(Sighs) Let's just go to class, he must be on his way. Peter isn't going to let him sleep on the first day.
Niall: (nodding) Yeah let's just go in and wait. He'll get here before Mr.Moore finishes his speech anyway. (Comforting) If not we'll go pick him up and drag him here.
Zayn: Fine. I'll just text
him. (Pointedly) But I'm going if he doesn't show up on time.
Niall: (rolls his eyes) Fine fine, just calm down.

(In the assembly hall)

Zayn: (grumbles) Where the fuck is this wanker?
Liam: (Fed up) Oh God! Just please... please kill me.
Zayn: Oh shut up.
Niall: Don't worry Li all of us
are gonna die during Mr.Moore's tiring Speech anyway. Atleast let little Zaynie have his panic attack at ease.
Zayn and Liam: Ha ha very funny.
Niall: (giggles)
Mr.Moore: (clears his throat to get the students' attention) Good morning dear students of Storm Coast High. The most prestigious academy for the special to learn to control their powers and develop their knowledge.
Niall: (groan) Here we go...
Liam: Shush.
Mr.Moore: (stern) Mr.Payne. Is there something you would like to share with us?
Liam: (stands up; quietly) Sorry sir (sits).
Niall and Zayn: (trying to
hold their laughter).
Liam: (pinches Niall's thigh; whispering) I'm gonna kill you, you little leprechaun.
Niall: (imitates Liam) Sorry sir (laughs).
Zayn: (sighs) He's still not here.
L

iam: (gives Niall a death
glare; turns to Zayn) He'll come Zee.
Zayn: (takes out his phone to text Harry).

Messages

Zayn: where r u haz?
Zayn: we're waiting for u :(
Zayn: we're in assembly hall
Moore is killing us. Where the heck are you?
Harry: Mate sry woke up just
now. Be there in 10.
Zayn: okay come soon.xx

Zayn: He'll says he'll be here
in ten minutes...
Liam: See, told you. He sure isn't gonna end his speech any time soon, so it'll be easy for him to sneak in.
Niall: (nodding) Yeah. (Smirks) He'll be busy drowning his ass in pride talk while Haz will join us in no time.
Zayn: Yeah. (Nods) You're right.

(Meanwhile in the hallway)

Harry: (rushing into the hallway; knocks
something and falls to the ground) Oww!
Louis: (stumbles and falls down with Harry; both get hit in the head) Shit...
Harry: (blacks out due to the
impact; his vision slowly reappearing).
Louis: (slightly pats Harry's
cheek) Hey, are you ok?
Harry: (opens his eyes slowly and is met with a beautiful pair of blue eyes; he feels light, almost like he's floating and he's not sure if it's because of the hit or because of those ocean eyes).
Louis: (His breath hitches when he finally peers into the Harry's green eyes. He just stares at the most beautiful human being he's ever laid eyes on. And God he just can't look away).
Harry: (still lost in his feeling
of light heartedness, the deep
blue orbs before him seem to engulf him in an addictive
wave and he feels all his pain, the pain in his Heart slowly disappear; That's when he breaks eye contact. He doesn't deserve the pain to go away. No.)
Louis: (still in awe at the boy
beneath him).
Harry: (coughs) Are you going to get up or...
Louis: (blinks) Oh... Um sorry (tries to get up).
Harry: (Hostile) I don't need your sorry kid. Just get outta my way (gives him a shove).
Louis: (Stumbles caught off guard; balances himself against the wall; angry) Hey, no need to be rude. I said I'm sorry. (Under his breath) Jerk...
Harry: (points a finger at Louis, menacingly; spits) Watch your mouth.
Louis: (glares; challengingly) You watch where you're going.
Harry: (jaw clenches; knuckles turn white with how hard he's fisting his hands; eyes closed in pure frustration).
Louis: (opens his mouth to speak up but stops not wanting a fight on his first day; just stares).
H

arry: (phone beeps cutting the tension; exhales deeply, thankful that he didn't lose his shit; gives Louis a hard glare before walking away).
Louis: (glares back at Harry  until he's out of sight; let's out the breath he had been holding and slides down the wall; curling into the fetal position; mumbles) Calm down Louis.

(Assembly hall)

Harry: (sneaks in and slides
on the empty chair beside Zayn) Hey...
Zayn: (glares) Don't hey me.
Harry: (chuckles) Aww Zaynie, did ya miss me?
Liam: (dramatic) Ah finally....
Harry: (grins) Hello to you too.
Niall: (beams) Haz! Good thing you are late man. Mr.Moore's been going through the same shit for almost an hour! (Drags his fingers down his face) His speech is like slow poison...
Harry: (chuckles at his dramatic friend).
Zayn: (finally speaking up) You said you'll be here
in ten minutes Haz. What happened?
Harry: (thinks about the incidents that occurred in the hallway earlier).
Liam: Yeah Haz... (Exasperated) Zayn's been knocking the life outta me.
Harry: (sighs) Nothing... (Scratches his neck) I just bumped into some kid.
Niall: (fake gasps) God is he alive?
Liam: (glares at Niall).
Niall: (raises his hands in
defense) Just asking.
Harry: Well yeah... (Bites the inside of his cheek) But I almost killed him.
Niall: See.
Liam: Niall shut up.
Mr.Moore: (taps the mic to get everyone's attention) Students the assembly is almost over except for the most important news. This year is the year of the Renaissance.
Niall: (confused) What does that mean?
Liam: (before Niall could even finish the sentence) Just shut up.
Zayn and Harry: (laugh
silently).
Mr.Moore: This event is held
once in thirty two years between different special schools across the country. In this event the will of each student will be tested. Ofcourse you can only participate as a group with five each and the age limit is sixteen to twenty. The winners will take home The Renaissance trophy which is the most highest honour you can receive on a school level with a cash prize, obviously. And you can enroll in any university you want!
Now do you know who the previous winners are? (signals someone from backstage).
Niall: (drinking water).
Liam: What do you think about this guys?
Zayn: (shrugs) It's a long shot. I mean different schools across the country (spreads his hands wide) Huge competition.
Liam: (scoffs) Yeah but-
Mr. Moore: (holds a huge
trophy) Us!
Niall: (spits the water down
and almost chokes).
Mr.Moore: Thirty two years ago our proud students brought home this trophy. Some of them were your parents (looks at Harry).
Harry: (gulps; looks down).
Zayn: (puts his hand on Harry's thigh and squeezes it).
Mr.Moore: Students, you may think you are not worthy enough but I'm going to tell you one thing. You are a wonderful batch. Full of energy and power. I know this because I've run this school for thirty five years now. You are my last Batch and I'll be retiring next year.

Students gasp...

Mr.Moore: (Smiles) I've enjoyed all my years here and I will tell you, you are one of the best batches. You've got great potential. With a little effort you will be the best. So I wish you all the best for this year and I know you will bring this cup back where it really belongs!

Students cheer...

Mr.Moore: And there's one more announcement.

Students groan...

Mr.Moore: (smiles) This year we have a new student. Take care of him and I don't want to hear any complaints from him. Please stand Mr.Tomlinson.
Louis: (stands; keeps his
head down).
Mr.Moore: That's all dear students. You can go to your classes. Have a good day.
Louis: (looks up; locks eyes
with Harry).
Niall: (Stands and shouts) We are definitely Par-ti-ci-pating!
Harry: (glances at Louis; looks down; sighs) This is gonna be a long year...

♥️♥️♥️

(A/N):

Do you guys like the story?
Please feel free to share your thoughts💚💙