Chapter 16

At the cafeteria:

Harry: Whoa slow down mate!
Zayn: Gosh sometimes I can't help but wonder if he's a freakin panda bear hiding in human skin.
Niall: (stuffing his mouth with his 6th burger) Oh shut up! You're just jealous. You wish you were me.
Zayn: (scoffs) A 17 year old boy with the appetite of a fucking whale? Nah, I'll pass.
Niall: (under his breath) Jerk.
Betty: So... you guys going to that party tomorrow?
Harry: What party?
Betty: The one at Little mix'. (mumbles) They're hosting it since they won. They want all 10 teams there.
Liam: Uh... I don't know about this. They might rub it in our faces.
Zayn: I don't know, I mean Mixers aren't like that. (Notices Harry's sad expression) And... everyone knows we would have won. So it's not a big deal. We're going.
Niall: Well I'm in. Got nothing better to do anyways.
Zayn: Haz? You in?
Harry: (grins) Most assuredly.

At science class:

Harry: Ok, so let me get this straight. Are you seriously telling me you've never heard of Ed Sheeran? Like seriously?
Louis: Well I can assure you that I haven't.
Harry: Oh my God! Were you living under a rock! What are you? an alien sent to earth on the sole purpose of mating other innocent humans to spread your kind? What is it?
Louis: (chuckles) You're such a dork. (enphasizes) And you are not innocent.
Harry: (quietly) Um... I didn't mean... I wasn't talking about me.
Louis: (gets uncomfortable) Um... I know that... (changes topic) So... you really like this Ed Sheeran guy huh?
Harry: (relieved) Oh. Yeah... I mean he makes good music. I love music so...
Louis: (amused) You sing? You should show me.
Harry: (bitter) No.
Louis: Oh. But I thought-
Harry: No.
Louis: I'm sure you have a good voice-
Harry: (growls) Drop it Louis.
Louis: (angry) Whoa...I was just asking. Don't know why you're getting so aggressive.
Harry: (inhales deeply) Look. I know I said we could be friends. But you're pushing it.
Louis: (raises his voice) I'm pushing it?
Harry: (snaps) Yes. When I say No it means No. If you don't fucking get it feel free to leave.
Louis: You know what! Fine. (Gets up and storms out the class, the teacher calling after him)
Harry: (exhales deeply; lies on the desk; To himself) God why did I ruin this?
Liam: (mid- conversation with Zayn) It was absolutely crazy and-
Zayn: (not listening; looking at Harry slouching on the desk) Liam just....excuse me for a minute.
Liam: (disappointed) Oh uh..okay.
Zayn: (goes to Harry's bench, sitting in Louis' chair) Haz? (Runs his fingers through Harry's curls) You alright?
Harry: (still lying down; voice muffled) He drives me crazy.
Zayn: (slightly taken aback) What? Who?
Harry: (looks up) Louis.
Zayn: Like a good crazy?
Harry: (confused) What?
Zayn: (deadpanned) Do you like him?
Harry: What! No- I...What- Zayn that's.... Gosh No...(buries his face in his hands)
Zayn: (visibly relaxes)
Harry: But I... I'm scared.
Zayn: (worried) Haz... why-
Harry: (looks up) I'm scared that if I do continue like this... (motions with his hands) continue being whatever we are right now.... then I might...
Zayn: (breath hitches; panicky) You might...
Harry: (small) Get feelings.
Zayn: (wounded) Um...
Harry: It's barely a month since I've known him. But still I get these weird feelings. (Sighs) You know what? It's probably because he's mysterious and really attractive.
Zayn: (to himself) I'm mysterious and attractive.
Harry: (doesn't hear it; continues) And he's new. That's right. (Explaining to himself) That's the thing Zee! He's new and hot and thus the sexual frustration.
Zayn: (gaped) Sexual frustration?
Harry: Well... I mean who wouldn't wanna tap that ass!
Zayn: Right.
Harry: (sighs) I have to hook up.
Zayn: (scared) With him?
Harry: No...well I wouldn't mind, but (sighs) I haven't had sex in a long time. That must be the reason why I'm having these weird feelings.
Zayn: You had sex last week Harry.
Harry: No... I didn't go.
Zayn: Oh.
Harry: But might consider it tonight. (Shrugs)
Zayn: (sad) Mm. (Turns to his table) Where's Liam?
Harry: (also turns around) What? I didn't see him around.
Zayn: (sighs) must have left.
Harry: (looks at Zayn) You know Zee? I have no idea where I'd be if I didn't have you. You're absolutely amazing.
Zayn: (surprised; exploding in joy) You think?
Harry: (hugs him) I know.
Zayn: (hugs back tightly; sighs) Maybe these 'feelings' as you call them, aren't necessarily bad.
Harry: (pulls back) Huh?
Zayn: Maybe you shouldn't push people away Harry. Maybe you should give them a chance. (More to himself) Give me a chance...
Harry: (sighs) I'll try.

In the hallway:

Louis: (someone runs into him) Hey watch were you're going!
Liam: Oh I'm sorry. (Tries to go away)
Louis: (holds him back) Are you alright. Oh my God are you crying? I'm sorry, did I sound mean? Why are you crying?
Liam: (chuckles through his tears) No mate it's not you.
Louis: (recognizes Liam) Are you really pulling that 'It's not you, It's me' card now?
Liam: (laughs wiping his eyes) Louis right?
Louis: That's me.
Liam: I'm Liam.
Louis: I know.
Liam: (scratches his head) right.
Louis: (notices his discomfort) I'm heading to the cafe, (bites his lip) wanna join me?
Liam: Um... you're not going to class?
Louis: (sighs) No. I'll lose my sanity.
They start walking.
Liam: Hey... you sit with Harry right?
Louis: Uh..yeah?
Liam: Is he the reason why you're on the verge of losing your sanity.
Louis: (sighs) Yeah...
Liam: (chuckles)
Louis: God. How do you guys deal with him? He's so...so arrogant.... And stuck up and inconsiderate and so..soooo (quiet) annoyingly.... charming and beautiful (almost fonding) and dorky (snorts) especially when he is torturing the life out of me narrating those stupid jokes that he makes up in that stupid head of his! God He drives me crazy...(groans; buries his face his his hands)
Liam: (stunned; recovering) Well Harry does that to people.
Louis: (scoffs) You think?
Liam: (smiles amused) You started by insulting him and ended it by complimenting him.
Louis: I wasn't-
Liam: (grins) If I didn't know better I'd say you like him.
Louis: (eyes widen; coughs) What No! I... No I don't. That's...(small) that's ridiculous. I'm attracted to him, yes. (Liam gapes; looks at his expression and scoffs) I mean come on who wouldn't be. He's basically sex on legs!
Liam: (chuckles) That he is.
Louis: (sighs) But I don't know him enough to... like him like that. (To himself) It's so hard for me to like someone like that.
Liam: (hears him; cautious) What do you mean?
Louis: Doesn't matter (changes topic) Why were you running out of class?
Liam: (sighs) Same reason. Was on the verge of losing sanity.
Louis: (cautious; almost whispering) Zayn?
Liam: (eyes widen) Wha- How did you-
Louis: Niall told me.
Liam: (shocked; mouth opens to say something but closes)
Louis: (looks at Liam) Both of us weren't sober. He told me the day Zayn admitted his love for Harry to you guys.
Liam: (still in shock; recovering) Oh. Well...that was a bad day. (Louis smiles). It hurts. It hurts knowing that he will never look at me that way. And it hurts a shit ton knowing it's all because of my best mate.
Louis: (sighs) I understand. But you can't force him to love you. I know it's hard. But if you really love him then you should always be there for him, help him get what he wants. (Gently) Even if it's not you...
Liam: (winces; trying hard to not break) I can't (chokes) I can't even imagine.
Louis: (rubs his shoulders) Maybe he'll come around. Maybe he'll give up.
Liam: (small) Maybe...

(A/N):

Some Lilo interaction...

Do you think Zayn has a chance with Harry? How will Harry react if he finds out?

♥️♥️♥️