Chapter 18

Liam: I dare you to kiss Louis.
Louis: (eyes widen; breath hitches)
Liam: I dare you to kiss Louis for 2 minutes straight.
Harry: (looks at Louis' reaction; tries to protest) Uh....Wha-
Liam: It's just a dare, No biggie.
Zayn: (growls) Liam...
Liam: What? It's just a kiss. I didn't think it would be a problem for Harry. Plus who better than the Harry Styles to share your first kiss with? Right Louis?
Perrie and Betty: (chant) Kiss Kiss kiss.
Niall: Louis you don't have to...
Louis: (clearly uncomfortable) I...uh...it's fine.
Harry: (quickly gets up and drags Louis away into the kitchen; gently pushes him against the counter; serious) You alright?
Louis: (obviously tensed; sighs) I'm....yeah.
Harry: You don't have to do this Louis. Not if you don't want to.
Louis: (looks at Harry) No...it's (struggles; looks down) I'm making this a big deal.
Harry: No. Don't think about any of them. Only you. Are you ok with this?
Louis: (looks into his eyes and then his lips; nods looking down)
Harry: (smiles; lifts his chin to make him look up; and leans in)
Louis: (tenses at first, but then relaxes)
Harry: (Once he feels Louis relax, starts moving his lips; one hand cupping Louis face and other on his waist)
Louis: (places his hands around Harry's neck; starts tugging his curls)
Harry: (moans slightly; tilts Louis' head for a better angle and deepens the kiss)
Louis: (feels ecstatic and dizzy)
Harry: (bites his bottom lip for Louis to open his mouth; slips his tongue in; gently massages his mouth)
Louis: (moans; feels his legs become jelly)
Harry: (slowly pulls away; their foreheads touching; smiles; breathlessly) How was that for a first kiss?
Louis: (still in euphoria; breathes out) Wow...
Harry: (smirks; pulls away completely) We should go back.
Louis: (has to control himself from literally pouncing on Harry; nods)
Niall: There you are! Game's over mate. We're all heading home.
Harry: Okay. (To Louis) You coming with us or?
Louis: Uh...(looks to Mike) I better take care of them. They are beyond pissed.
Harry: (chuckles) Okay... Bye.
(Leaves)
Louis: (dazed) Bye...

On the street.

Zayn: So?
Harry: (knocked out of his thoughts) Huh?
Zayn: Did you kiss him?
Harry: (exhales) Yeah.
Zayn: (doesn't say anything)
Niall: Um-
Zayn: How was it?
Harry: (dreamy) Sweet.
All three look at him in shock.
Liam: (Bursts out laughing) Did you just say sweet? God this is Gold. Harry Styles just described a kiss sweet!
Harry: I just wanted to keep it sweet for his first kiss.
Liam: This is even more unbelievable! You've had virgins before. (Teases) Did you go sweet on them Harreh?
Niall: (sees Zayn tensing) Liam, drop it.
Harry: What are you suggesting Liam?
Liam: I don't know. Maybe the fact that you like the kid.
Zayn: (stomps away)
Niall: (gives Liam a death glare and follows Zayn)
Harry: I don't- I... (runs his fingers through his hair) Gosh I'm so drunk and tired.
Liam: (looks in the direction Zayn left; sighs) You should sleep Haz. (Places his hand on Harry's back) Let's get you home.

🎗🎗🎗

At School:

Niall: (groans) Stop Looking at me like that!
Louis: (raises an eyebrow)
Niall: (sighs) I...It was...We kissed. (Closes his eyes; embarrassed)
Louis: (stays silent; rubs his back)
Niall: I really like Betty, but I can't say I regretted the kiss.
(Looks at Louis) Does that make me a slut?
Louis: (chuckles)
Niall: (whacks him) It's just a kiss right?
Louis: (mid- chuckles) No Niall. (Serious) Its...um...you're young and you're confused. But it's not 'just a kiss'. (Sighs) But I'd say you should talk to Betty about this.
Niall: (eyes widen) What really?
Louis: Yes Ni... She should know.
Niall: (sighs) Okay... I'll tell her. So... What about your kiss? (Wriggles his eyebrows) Was it 'not just a kiss' too?
Louis: (blushes) Um...
Niall: (laughs) Wait are you seriously blushing?
Louis: (covers his face) No...
Niall: (shakes his head laughing; gets serious) Um...Louis?
Louis: (looks up) Hmm?
Niall: Do you uh... do you like Harry?
Louis: (eyes widen) I..I don't know...
Niall: Oh my God... You Like him!
Louis: (struggles) I... (sighs) I'm confused. I do like him as a friend. But after that kiss...(exhales) I'm...I don't know. It felt different.
Niall: Maybe it's because it's your first kiss?
Louis: (looks at Niall) It's... it's not that Niall.... I uh... I'm not good at being... um intimate with people.
Niall: (confused) Oh.
Louis: Its... ugh I... have aphenphosmphobia.
Niall: (shrieks) A possum phobia?
Louis: (sighs) Fear of being intimate.
Niall: Wha-
Louis: Don't Ask. But... with Harry... I'm not scared. I don't know how or why... but something about him is comforting.
Niall: (sighs) Louis, Zayn-
Louis: (frustrated) God...I know I know!
Niall: No listen. (Serious) Harry's known Zayn since he was 4. Yet I still don't think he's got a chance with Harry. Harry's... got issues.
Louis: Niall I'm not saying I'm gonna hit on Harry.
Niall: (hesitant) But you might.... fall.
Louis: (anxious) I...No-
Niall: He's easy to fall for. You know that. I know you like him. And I think you know you can fall for him. But.... is that what you want?
Louis: (sighs) I don't know much about him Ni. Not enough for me to fall in love. But we got a good friendship going. I like spending time with him. And in the end if I... if I do fall, which I don't think will happen, But if it does.... I'm sure it'll be worth it.
Niall: But you'll get hurt. He won't fall.
Louis: Mostly nothing's gonna happen. We're gonna be good friends.
Niall: (shakes his head) You don't believe that.
Louis: (sighs; gets up) I don't care about the Future. I live in the Present. I've already wasted half of my life. That's why I moved here. To start living. I can't let the thought of what my future holds ruin my present. Bye Niall, I hope you talk to Betty.
Niall: (grabs his hand) How was it? The kiss. How was it?
Louis: (sighs) It was like Home. (Walks out; leaving Niall speechless).

🎗🎗🎗

At Harry's house:

Louis: Are you sure this is safe?
Harry: Don't be a pussy Lewis.
Louis: Ok if I plunge to my death it's on you.
Harry: (rolls his eyes) You won't, I'll catch you.
Louis: (scoffs) Of course you will, (grumbles) the embodiment of clumsiness.
Harry: (shakes his head fondly) Quit whining. (Gets on the roof, (extends his hand) Come on.
Louis: (looks down; slowly takes his hand and gets beside Harry; slips)
Harry: (quickly catches him; chest to chest; looks a Louis) You Okay...
Louis: (looks between them; nods breathlessly)
Harry: (slowly releases him and lies down, his hands on the back of his head)
Louis: (does the same; hands on his stomach; exhales)
Harry: Lou? (Looking at the sky)
Louis: Haz... (turns to see Harry)
Harry: Do you believe in life after death?
Louis: Please don't tell me you believe in that heaven and hell bullshit.
Harry: (sighs) So you don't?
Louis: (looks up) I didn't say that.
Harry: (looks at Louis) Then?
Louis: I believe in life after death. Just... not that. I believe that death of a person is not... real death.
Harry: (furrows his eyebrows) what do you mean?
Louis: I believe that even though they die.... they're still alive in our thoughts. (Looks at Harry) Eventhough they're not present physically, they are still carved in our memories, and that gives them life. They're still part of our lives. They only really die when we forget...
Harry: (eyes glisten) I miss them...
Louis: (gently caresses Harry's cheek) I know love...
Harry: (breathy laugh) I was high the last time you called me that.
Louis: (surprised) You remember?
Harry: Yeah... (quickly gets up; regains composure) Let's go inside. I'm hungry.
Louis: (concerned but agrees) Uh... okay.
At the kitchen...
Louis: (phone rings) Hello?
Luke: Louis, we need to talk.
Louis: (looks at Harry who is is giving him a look) Uh like right now?
Luke: (insistent) Right Now.
Louis: (sighs) Okay...
Luke: Be there in 5. You know the place. (Call ends)
Louis: Haz...Uh...(scratches his head) Luke called...
Harry: (opening the fridge) And?
Louis: And I have to go...
Harry: Oh... uh..should I..
Louis: No! Uh... (thinks) Actually do you wanna come too?
Harry: (raises an eyebrow) Aren't you gonna talk to Luke?
Louis: Yes... But I'm pretty sure it involves you too.

♥️♥️♥️