Chapter 28

Louis: My mom died 2 years ago...
Harry: (shocked) I'm really sorry Lou...
Louis: (eyes glisten) It's... uh she died of cancer.
Harry: You don't have to talk about this Lou...
Louis: (quickly wipes his eyes) No no. I want to.
Harry: (gets closer to him; shoulders brushing)
Louis: Well uh... my mum got pregnant with me when she was 18. So uh... dad didn't want us and she raised me alone till I was 5. Then she met a good man and they married and my sisters were born. And uh... certain things happened in my life and... uh (tears dripping down his face).
Harry: (rubs his shoulders)
Louis: (wipes his nose) uh... well certain things happened and I became a potential danger to my sisters so uh.... my stepdad took them away to another house but my mom stayed with me... (let's out a sob) I was felt so guilty that I was keeping her away from her husband and daughters and I had ruined her life from the start. But she always kissed me and told me that I was her sunshine and that she lived for me. Well that sentence gave me a purpose to live. I needed that. So I was trying to....uh live for her and everything was fine and my sisters almost moved in again. But then my mum died so suddenly. (Laboured breathing and sobbing)
Harry: (quickly hugs him; pulls him into his lap)
Louis: (continues after a minute) She had had leukemia. Since she never told any of us anything.... it became so severe and....(struggles)
Harry: (runs his back) Shh...
Louis: She was too involved in saving me that she didn't save herself... And went back to the depressed dangerous state I was in and was sent to a hospital. After a week my stepdad walked in and gave me a letter. It was from my mum. In that she wrote that I shouldn't blame myself for any of this. And that her last wish was for me to find another purpose in life.... And uh... she also wrote a letter for my stepdad asking him to send me here. Mr.Moore is my mum's childhood friend and uh... she wanted me to get away from that place and start a new life... So here I am. Even in her death bed she was only worried about my well being and not hers.... and I didn't even get the chance to repay her...
Harry: (Also emotional; cups Louis' face; looks into his eyes) You have the chance to repay her Lou....
You were the one who told me that a person never really dies till we forget them. Live your life. That's what she always wanted for you. That's your chance to repay her. (Wipes his tears with his thumb) Now stop crying before you make me cry too.
Louis: (teary chuckle; nods) Okay... (looks at Harry and gives him a small smile) I've found my purpose...
Harry: (smiles) Good boy. (Hugs him again)
And if they stayed like that and never let go of eachother the whole night....then it's none of our business...

🎗🎗🎗

School Assembly:

Mr.Moore: The Renaissance will start in the month of April. We have to choose one team and enroll them in the 2nd week of March. So the tells will start soon. Both theory and practical. Your test timetables will be put on the notice board. The team representing Storm Coast High in the Renaissance will be announced in the month of February. Give your best students. Don't let anything pull you down. Prepare well. All the best.

Liam: Well that's that.
Betty: So we practice today?
Liam: Well I was thinking we meet somewhere and talk. You know, like planning and stuff.
Harry: Yeah Li's right.
Niall: We'll meet in my house then?
Zayn: Yep. At-
Liam: 5pm.
Others: done.

🎗🎗🎗

In the corridor:

Ms.Flack: Harry?
Harry: (turns around) Ms.Flack?
Ms.Flack: Can we talk? (Motions him to her table)
Harry: (nods and follows)
Ms.Flack: So... Harry. I was going through your assignments last week.
Harry: (doesn't get it for a moment)
Ms.Flack: The one you did with Louis Tomlinson.
Harry: Oh yes. What about it?
Ms.Flack: Well I wanted to know if you read both of your assignments before submitting it.
Harry: Uh... actually we didn't get along well that time so we didn't get along well.
Ms.Flack: (raises an eyebrow) Really? (Looks at the assignment in her hand; to herself)
Well it didn't seem like that.
Harry: (doesn't hear it) Yes. But now we've got along just fine. (Smiles)
Ms.Flack: Well that's good then.
Harry: Yep. But uh... can I see the assignment?
Ms.Flack: The one that Louis wrote about you?
Harry: (interested in what Louis had to say about him but doesn't wanna make it obvious) Um...if that's allowed...
Ms.Flack: Ofcourse it is! (Smiles) I was actually really impressed at how he described you.
Harry: (furrows his eyebrows; gets up) Um... thank you Ms.Flack.
Ms.Flack: (smiles) Goodbye Harry.
Harry: (in class; Looks at Louis who is sitting in the front with Luke; opens the assignment; reads it the whole class; bell rings; gets up quickly and leaves.)

🎗🎗🎗

Niall's house:

Liam: We should 1st just talk about our powers.
Zayn: (nods) Yeah... so if we evaluate our powers, Harry and I are providing with offense, more of attacking, you know what I mean?
Betty: (nods) Niall, Liam and I are defensive. Our powers are all about escaping.
Niall: Harry are you okay?
Harry: (disorientated) Yeah yeah... just... headache. (Clears his throat) I was thinking that in a practical, a shield is the most essential power. And we have a shield in our group (Points to Liam). If Liam could extend his shield to cover a large area...
Betty: That's a fantastic idea Harry!
Niall: But wouldn't our powers get shielded too?
Harry: Only mine and Zayn's. I'm saying that this could be used in do or die situations.
Zayn: (smiles) That's brilliant Harry.
Liam: But we have one problem.
Betty: What?
Liam: I gotta be able to do that.
Zayn: That's what we're going to practice daily for.
Harry: Yeah. So right now let's just discuss what we need to try and improve...
(Phone rings; cuts it)
Liam: Harry just pick it up for Christ sake. They've called three times since we started.
Harry: (groans; opens his phone; 7msgs and 3 missed calls; sighs) Let's just carry on. (Phone rings again; groans and leaves the room)
Zayn: (looks at Niall who was sitting beside Harry) Who was it?
Niall: Louis.

In the hall:

Harry: (picks up the phone) Louis are you crazy?
Louis: Jeez... what's the matter with you? You didn't talk to me at school and didn't reply my messages.
Harry: (frustrated sigh) Well we're discussing for the Renaissance.
Louis: (silent for a few moments) Harry why are you avoiding me?
Harry: I'm not.
Louis: Don't lie-
Harry:  (snaps) You know what? Fuck it. My house
9 pm. (Cuts the call; runs back to the room).

♥️♥️♥️

(A/N):

The picture of Louis and Jay is really beautiful. R.I.P Jay. Such a beautiful person...