Chapter 38

Zayn: Woah.
Harry: (quickly retracts) Zayn! What are you (checks the time) Doing here?
Zayn: What now I'm not allowed to come here whenever I want?
Harry: No Zee... ofcourse you can. (Wipes the sweat of his face) I just... it's really late.
Zayn: So? (Eyes Louis) I heard Gemma was back. So I came to see her and you... what is he doing here?
Harry: He's just-
Louis: Leaving...
Harry: (looks at Louis guilty) Lou... you don't have to.
Louis: It's fine Haz really (stands on his toes to give Harry a kiss in the cheek) See ya (winks at Zayn).
Zayn: (Growls).
Harry: (watches Louis leave; a bit flustered).
Zayn: What was that about?
Harry: (shrugs) Nothing.
Zayn: (sits on the bed after Harry) Haz... is there... is there something going on?
Harry: (not paying attention; opening his book) What?
Zayn: (cautious) Haz... do you... (gets closer)... do you like him?
Harry: (quickly) What? No no! I... uh... (struggling).
Zayn: (can see that Harry's struggling; decides to act as Harry's best friend and pushes his feelings behind) Haz... you can tell me anything... It's not good to keep these kind of things within yourself. (Under his breath) I should know.
Harry: I... It's (sighs) complicated.
Zayn: So.... (cautious) You.... do have some sort of feelings-
Harry: No Zee... It's not anything serious. I don't... I don't... (shakes his head frantically.)
Zayn: (puts an arm around Harry) Haz... are you alright?
Harry: (looks like he's about to cry) Yeah yeah absolutely.
Zayn: (clear that Harry's uncomfortable with the topic; changes it) Okay okay... Where's Gemma?

🎗🎗🎗

In the hall:

Louis: (almost out the door).
Gemma: Hey!
Louis: (jumps startled) Oh hey!
Gemma: (chuckles) Easy there tiger. Not tryna scare you.
Louis: (smiles) I was just... leaving.
Gemma: (leans against the sofa) Why? I thought you were staying?
Louis: No... uh Zayn wanted to see you! He's... upstairs.
Gemma: (walks towards Louis) So that's why you're leaving.
Louis: (quickly) No no-
Gemma: Did Harry ask you to leave?
Louis: No-
Gemma: Then? Is it Zayn? You have a crush on Zayn?
Louis: (scrunches his face) Ew No!
Gemma: You have a crush on Harry?
Louis: (caught off guard) Uh-
Gemma: (beams) You do.
Louis: Gemma-
Gemma: (walks upto Louis) Zayn does too. But just between you and me... (whispers) you and Harry are the cutest! (Puts something in Louis hand).
Louis: (looks at the picture of him and Harry while they were sleeping; smiles at her).
Gemma: (winks and waves) Bye... (walks upstairs).

🎗🎗🎗

At the cafeteria:

Liam: So?
Niall: Aced it.
Liam: Good (Looks at Harry and Zayn).
Zayn: (nods) Pretty good.
Harry: (nods). But how did you know that we should prefer that book? I mean most of the questions were from that!
Liam: (shrugs) I have connections.
Harry: (stern) Li. If you are cheating-
Liam: What!? No no... (sighs) You wanna know how? (Harry nods) I just asked Pete.
Harry: Uncle Pete? But-
Liam: Harry... he knows a lot than you think he knows. I mean his sister literally won this!
Harry: (looks down).
Zayn: (gives Liam an unimpressed look; whispers) You had to mention his mom?
Liam: (apologetic; mumbles) Sorry... (tries to lighten the situation) And Mr.Moore aswell.
Niall: He decided to tell you? I mean how is that allowed? He can't take sides. Not that I'm complaining though.
Liam: He is not taking sides. He prescribes those books to whoever asks him.
Niall: Okay okay. No need to get defensive.
Liam: (sighs) Where's Betty?
Niall: I don't know.
Zayn: (mumbles) Ofcourse you don't.
Niall: (snappy) What's your deal Zayn? Huh? Why are you always tryna sabotage my relationship?
Harry: (nervous chuckle) Ni... he's just kidding.
Niall: But why Harry?
Zayn: I don't know. Maybe the fact that you're not happy with your relationship.
Niall: (grumbles) I am happy with my relationship.
Zayn: (mocking) Oh really? Then why did I see you outside Selena's house last Friday?
Harry: (furrows his eyebrows).
Liam: (shocked) Niall!?
Niall: (stuttering) I...I-
Zayn: Why Niall? Please do tell us.
Niall: (angry since he's been cornered) Don't act like you're all innocent. Why don't you tell Harry why you're fake dating Liam?
Harry: What!? (Looks at Zayn who looks nervous and shook).
Liam: (stern) Niall. Drop it.
Niall: (walks off angrily).
Harry: What the hell just happened?
Liam: (trying to explain) He just got snappy when he got called for what he did.
Harry: (raises an eyebrow) And the fake dating? (Turns to Zayn) Zee?
Zayn: (walks off without a word).
Liam: (also trying to escape) I'll go after him. (Quickly leaves).
Harry: (raises his hands in frustration). What the hell!?

🎗🎗🎗

Louis: (someone rushes past him in the hallway) Woah!
Niall: (quickly) Sorry dud- Louis?
Louis: (rubbing his arm) Oh hey Nialler! Where are the others? Where's Betty?
Niall: (snappy) Great! Now you're gonna give me a hard time too? (Walks away).
Louis: (confused) What!? Wait! Niall! (Grabs his arm to stop him).
Niall: (frustated) Louis just... let go.
Louis: (leaves his arm) Okay okay... calm down.
Niall: (sighs wiping his forehead).
Louis: (biting his lip; eyeing him) You wanna grab a bite outside?
Niall: (thinks; sighs; who is he to say no to food; nods).

At a nearby Nandos:

Niall: (vandalizing his chicken wings).
Louis: Soooo....
Niall: (looks up).
Louis: (leans forward) What's the deal?
Niall: (sighs; mouthful) I've been a bad person.
Louis: You're not a bad pers-
Niall: I've been cheating on my girlfriend and when my friends confronted me I snapped and outted Zayn fake dating Liam to Harry just so I could feel some sick relief. (Leans forward) Now Tomlinson do you wanna repeat that sentence?
Louis: (mouth wide open) Uh...
Niall: (looks at his chicken) Thought so.
Louis: (shakes his head) You've been cheating on Betty?
Niall: (looks up guilty).
Louis: (disappointed) Why?
Niall: (sighs; extremely guilty) I- I don't know... Selena's mom died... She called me and I... ugh... She was crying and... I wanted to comfort her. (Sighs) I'm so horrible.
Louis: (sighs) Ni... just... if you like Selena then... you gotta break up with Betty.
Niall: (looks up shocked from the idea).
Louis: Please don't tell me you like Betty aswell.
Niall: (slumps down whining) I'm doomed.
Louis: Niall... one things for sure. You can't keep hooking up behind your girlfriend's back.
Niall: (cringes) Don't say it like that! It makes it even more horrible.
Louis: It is even worse! Niall you have to tell Betty.
Niall: Okay okay I will.
Louis: (shakes his head) That's what you always tell me but you never do it. I'm gonna talk to Harry about this and we're gonna make sure you tell her.
Niall: No Louis... I will tell her this time for sure. I feel... (looks at himself) Disgusting.
Louis: (sighs; holds his arm; softly) You made a mistake. It would only be horrible if you kept continuing like this...
Like I said... You're young and confused.
Niall: (covers his face in his hands; growls) How did this happen to me? I mean you're young too. (Looks at Louis) But you're sure with who you're in love with.
Louis: (smiles).
Niall: How? How do you know for sure?
Louis: (smiles thinking of his beautiful curly haired minx) You just know...

♥️♥️♥️