Chapter 46

Harry: (opens the front door) Hey Lou I'm back! Lou? (Walks in; places the grocery bag on the dining table; head snaps when he hears a faint singing).
Random voice: (humming) Always... Always...
Harry: (eyes widen; chills running down his spine; walks slowly towards the sound). Lou...
Random voice: (coming from the kitchen; the singing grows louder as Harry nears it).
Harry: (in front of the kitchen; the door creaks open, revealing the person inside; gasps) Mum?
Anne: (back turned against Harry; singing stops; dicing vegetables).
Harry: (walks closer; tensed) Mum... is that you?
Anne: (stops dicing; doesn't turn around) Harry?
Harry: (exhales) Mum! Oh my God what are you doing here?
Anne: (chuckles slightly; although it doesn't seem genuine at all to Harry) The real question is, what are you doing here, son?
Harry: (son, Harry shuddered at that; his mother only called him that when she was disappointed in him) I... I'm just here with a friend...
Anne: (sarcastically) Oh is that so my baby boy? Well I must have misunderstood. I genuinely thought you've finally decided to forget what happened.
Harry: (eyes glistening; stutters) I-I, mum-
Anne: (whispers) Have you?
Harry: (looks up) Mum... I love you... (almost choking) I- 
this is everything I've been thinking about my whole life... but... I just can't stay away from him...
Anne: (voice hoarse) You shouldn't be alive...
Harry: (whimpering) I know... I wish I died with you... It would've been so much easier.
Anne: (turns around quickly grabbing Harry by the collar; her face and hands burnt; shouts) EASY? EASY? You think this is easy Harry?
Harry: (wailing loudly; taking in the pathetic and haunting state of his once beautiful mother) I'm sorry!! Please I'm so sorry! (Squeezes his eyes shut; no longer being able to handle the burning of his chest, seeing his mother in this state. All because of him...)
Anne: Look at me! (Shouts) Look at what you've done!!
Harry: (begging) Please! No! (Shouts; flaming up) NO!!! (Sprungs up from the bed; both sweat and tears dripping down his face; hyperventilating).
Louis: (has been trying to wake Harry soon as he felt him thrashing and sobbing) Haz... (rubs Harry's back) Haz... love calm down!
Harry: (tears stream down his face like a water sprout; laboured breaths) No... no...
Louis: (worried) Haz... you're okay! You're- (Harry starts choking) Haz! (Cups Harry's face making him look at him) Love... follow my breaths... in and out (takes a deep breath and exhales slowly) like that.
Harry: (tries to focus on Louis' eyes which seem to put him in the familiar trance; trying to match Louis' breathing).
Louis: It's okay love... I got you... (hugs Harry into his chest).
Harry: (clutches Louis' shirt tightly; whimpers) Mum... she- (chokes).
Louis: Shh... (rocking him gently) It's okay...
Harry: (squeezes his eyes shut; crying slowly into Louis' chest; just listening to his heart beat).
Louis: (presses his lips on top of Harry's hair) I got you...

🎗🎗🎗

Zayn: (sluggish) Ni... m'bored.
Niall: (pacing around the hall; looks stressed).
Zayn: (furrows his eyebrows) Ni? You okay?
Niall: (snapped out of it) What?
Zayn: (concerned) Niall, you're getting me worried... you haven't been the same since the Mixer's party.
Niall: (tenses) What!? No! I... I'm fine alright?
Zayn: (walks up to Niall; face filled with worry) Ni-
Niall: (quickly changes topic) Hey Little Mix asked if they wanted us to hangout with them tonight...
Zayn: (raises an eyebrow at Niall's desperate attempt; sighs) Where?
Niall: I don't know... some club...
Liam: (walking down from upstairs; already dressed up) The Pretty Bird. I heard it was good.
Zayn: (looks up).
Niall: You're already dressed!?
Liam: Yeah... Jade wanted to go early. Um... you guys coming?
Zayn: (scoffs) As if it matters...
Niall: Li! You could have told me earlier!
Liam: I'm sorry Ni...
Niall: (groans) Ugh fuck! (Runs upstairs to get ready).
Liam: (looks at Zayn) Zee... aren't you going to change?
Zayn: (angry but masks it; acting as if he doesn't care) Nah... I'm not coming.
Liam: (disappointed) What? Why? It'll be fun...
Zayn: Well... I'm kinda tired, so...
Liam: (sad) Oh... um okay.
Zayn: (sighs feeling guilty for destroying Liam's mood) It's okay Li... I'm fine. (Sad smile) You guys have fun.
Liam: (still unsure; opens his mouth to say something).
Niall: (rushes down) Okay okay Let's go I'm ready!
Liam: (looks at Zayn).
Zayn: (gives them a tight lipped smile) Bye guys.
Niall: (furrows his eyebrows) Wait. You're not coming?
Zayn: (shrugs) Nah... not feeling it. M' gonna go sleep... Take the key guys. (Walks away).
Niall: (gives Liam the 'what the fuck did you do look').
Liam: (sighs).