Chapter 47

In Louis' room:

Louis: (walks towards the bed).
Harry: (follows him confused).
Louis: (turns to Harry; hesitant) Um... I know you've been hurt... and I know you're in pain... but just... I want you to know that I understand... (slowly lifts his shirt).
Harry: (eyes widen) What are you doing?
Louis: (pulls the shirt off; looking down at his own body; doesn't meet Harry's eyes).
Harry: (now that Louis had taken his shirt off, his eyes roam over Louis' torso; his heart aches at the sight of all the scars littering his body).
Louis: (suddenly starts to feel overwhelmed under Harry's stare; but decides not to back up after opening up) Um... I used to get nightmares everyday... of (struggling) of everything they did to me... A-and I felt so dirty... (hugs himself tightly) that I-I had to somehow... (groans) ugh... I remember feeling so unworthy... (looks up) I cut everytime I felt like that... And one day... it went too far. (Looks down) My mum got to me in time and took me to the hospital. And then she gave me a 'talk' and I realised... (shakes his head) Why? Why was I punishing myself? Why was I destroying my life? When I could... just live... atleast for someone. When it finally dawned on me that I had only one life... (walks upto Harry) I looked at my scars and felt nothing but disgust. I had wasted all my life! My body and soul!
Harry: (still looking at Louis' scars; doesn't look up).
Louis: That's when I made my mind Harry... that I'd never do this again. I promised myself that I'd be strong no matter what.
Harry: (shakes his head) It's not the same case for me Louis...
Louis: It is... I hurt myself physically everyday. (Caresses Harry's cheek with one hand) You hurt yourself mentally... Just tell me Haz... Why? When you could just be happy...
Harry: (sighs; looks down) Because what happened to you wasn't your fault...
Louis: (furrows his eyebrows).
Harry: (places his hand on Louis' chest; finger gliding over Louis' tattoo) It is what it is.
Louis: (gasps when Harry's fingers slide down his stomach; tracing the huge scar just below his chest on the left side).
Harry: (let's out a breath) There's no way you could've survived this...
Louis: (small chuckle) That's what the doctor said.
Harry: (empathetic; looks Louis in the eye) I wish I could kiss them.
Louis: (stutters) Uh-I-
Harry: (dead serious) I wish I could kiss your whole body. Just to prove to you that these are not disgusting Lou... These are like your battle scars. They're a trophy, each one telling you that you suffered tough times. (Stern) And you made it.
Louis: (touched) Thank you Haz... It means so much.
Harry: (forces himself to look away from Louis' chiseled stomach as he puts his T-shirt back on).
Louis: (smiles) So we good now?
Harry: (nods smiling; but internally, not so sure).

🎗🎗🎗

Zayn: (lying in his bed; couldn't sleep; He is so confused right now. He knows that he is in love with Harry, but... why was his chest burning at the thought of Liam with someone else? Is it because he'd gotten so used to having Liam for himself, the mere thought of Liam paying attention to someone else hurts him? Or is it because... because he has some sort of feelings for Liam? Is it possible to have feelings for two people at the same time? He groans; Well there was only one way to find out...)

🎗🎗🎗

Niall: (walking out of a room; groaning and cursing at himself for what he had just done).
Liam: (sees Niall) Ni!? (In relief) There you are! We need to go home.
Niall: Oh Okay... (confused) Where's Jade?
Liam: Um... she's with her friends...
Niall: (raises an eyebrow) And... you don't wanna stay?
Liam: (sighs) It's not gonna work between us...
Niall: What!? (Furrows his eyebrows) I thought... (shakes his head) You said you liked her... That she was the (air quotes) "the whole package".
Liam: I mean... yeah, (slumps his shoulders) but then I realised, (sighs) she's not Zayn.
Niall: (a smile creeps into his lips; shakes his head grinning) Don't hit me, but I'm kinda glad... Jade is great, but you belong with Zayn. (Smiles) And Zayn with you. I'm glad you realised that.
Liam: (shakes his head) I always knew that Ni. (Sighs) I just wish Zayn does too...
Niall: (sympathetic; squeezes Liam's shoulder) He will Li... I'm sure of it. (Looks around) Let's head home...
Liam: (walking home) Well what were you doing while I was gone?
Niall: (gulps; looks down) Um... I was actually searching for you...
Liam: (raises an eyebrow) Really? (Niall nods; sighs) Okay fine... (bites his lip; contemplating) Um Ni?
Niall: (relieved that Liam didn't press that topic; turns to looks at Liam) Yes?
Liam: (playing with his fingers) Do you think I should... tell him?
Niall: (eyes widen; thinking) I... It's your choice really.
Liam: (looks down; nods to himself) I'll tell him... tomorrow.

🎗🎗🎗

Louis: (sleeping peacefully in his bed; feels himself being lifted. He doesn't open his eyes feeling too lazy to do so. He rests his head agaisnt something hard yet oddly comfortable. He snuggles into the warmth of the object as he feels himself being put down. He wraps his arms around the object not wanting to let go if the soothing feeling it brought but his eyes rip open when he hears a familiar voice).
Harry: (gentle) Lou... wake up...
Louis: (realises that the comfortable object that he was clinging to was actually Harry (no shit) who had carried him to the dining room; doesn't understand what was happening) Haz? (Furrows his eyebrows) What-
Harry: (smiles) Happy birthday Lou!
Louis: (realization hits him and only then he notices the chocolate cake with the candle reading 18 in front of him; starts getting emotional; it was nothing huge, but even the slight gesture warmed Louis' heart, the fact that Harry made an effort to bake a cake for him was really sweet and even though he had to hide the pain in his heart he doesn't regret falling for Harry. And all these little things that Harry did just made him fall harder and harder).
Harry: (waves his hand in front of Louis who seemed deep in thought) Louuuu...
Louis: (shakes himself out of it; smiles the crinkled smile that Harry absolutely loves) Thank you Harry... This means soooo much...
Harry: (shakes his head smiling) Come on blow the candles you sap.
Louis: (wet chuckle; blows them and grins) I'm actually 19 by the way.
Harry: (makes a shocked expression) What!? Are you kidding me? I thought you were 15 when we first bumped into eachother. You're like Peter Pan.
Louis: (chuckles; takes a piece of the cake and holds it to Harry's mouth) Here (Harry takes a bite).
Harry: (gives Louis a piece; pulls the candle out and throws it away) Off it goes then.
Louis: (moans) Oh God Harry... This is soooo good...
Harry: (smiles triumphantly) I'm glad you like it. It's my special recipe.
Louis: (was absolutely overwhelmed; looks at Harry in the eye; heartfelt) Thank you... Thank you for this... (only Harry wasn't finished).
Harry: (gives him a soft smile; turns around to get something; nervous) I... uh... have something for you... (hands Louis a small box with some classy wooden carvings).
Louis: (Takes it in his hand; looks at Harry, questionably).
Harry: (biting his cheek) Open it.
Louis: (gives a small nod and opens the box only for his breath to be taken away; eyes wide) H-Harry?
Harry: (biting his lip; nervous) Do you like it?
Louis: (bewildered; pulls out a beautiful sapphire pendant).

Louis: (gives a small nod and opens the box only for his breath to be taken away; eyes wide) H-Harry?Harry: (biting his lip; nervous) Do you like it?Louis: (bewildered; pulls out a beautiful sapphire pendant)

Harry: It was my mum's. (Louis looks up in both shock and an unidentifiable expression) I thought it would suit your eyes...
Louis: (touching the sparkling stone and the intricate details surrounding it; shakes his head) Harry... I c-can't-
Harry: (firm) It's a gift Louis. Please don't say no.
Louis: (bites his lip looking at Harry; still unsure). This was your mum's...
Harry: (takes a pendant from Louis; walks behind him.)
Louis: (confused) What are you-
Harry: (places the pendant around Louis' neck; his lips brushing his ear) I know... You're the only person that reminds me of her... I want you to keep it. (Clasps it; his hands now at the sides of Louis' waist; kisses the crook of Louis' neck).
Louis: (shudders; the hair on his back stand straight; touches the pendant; face flushed and cheeks hot; touches the pendant) I'll never take it off. I promise...

♥️♥️♥️

(A/N):

What do you think Zayn's gonna do?

Do you think Liam made the right decision??? What is gonna happen when he tells Zayn?

And Harry and Louis... the next two chapters will be...
Eventful ;) 💚💙