Chapter 45

Louis' house:

Daisy and Phoebe: Louee!! (They run to Louis as soon as they see him).
Louis: Aww girls I missed you too!! (Kneeling down and hugging both Daisy and Phoebe).
Mark: (Smiles) Be careful girls. Don't knock the air outta your brother.
Louis: (pulls away slightly) What have my darling girls been up to lately? Heard you went on a school trip?
Daisy: (excited) Yes Lou! They took us to a chocolate factory!
Phoebe: (smiling at the memory) Mmm yummy yummy chocolate.
Louis: (fake gasps) Chocolate!? You've been eating Chocolate? (pinches both of their cheeks making them giggle) Don't you know what happens of you eat too much of 'em?
Daisy and Phoebe: (recite) All our teeth will fall off...
Daisy: But Lou! We didn't eat too much!
Louis: (raises an eyebrow).
Phoebe: Maybe a bit too much...
Daisy: (hits her arm).
Phoebe: Ouch! (Rubs it).
Louis: (shakes his head fonding over his silly 8 year old sisters).
Harry: (coming out of the room) Hey Lou, I think I've finished painti- (spots the girls; stops in his tracks).
Louis: (smiles) Girls, this is Harry... uh my friend.
Harry: (smiles at the girls) Hey...
Phoebe: (sheepish) Hi.
Daisy: (looks at Louis) Lou? Is Harry a girl?
Louis: (cracks out a laugh).
Harry: (slightly offended) Hey...

🎗🎗🎗

In the hall:

Daisy, Phoebe, Lottie, Fizzy and Louis are playing while Mark watches them with joy.

Fizzy: Lou how about you start this time?
Louis: Um... (looks to the kitchen) You know what? You guys keep playing... (gets up) I'll go check on Harry and be back in a minute.
Lottie: (gives him a look).
Louis: (bites his lip; walks to the kitchen; hears a faint singing; stops at the door).
Harry: (takes the cupcakes out of the oven; humming qn incoherent tune; back turned from Louis).
Louis: (gaping; clears his throat to get Harry's attention).
Harry: (slightly jumps startled) Oh hey Lou... What are you- how long have you been standing here?
Louis: (walks in) A few seconds. I just wanted to check on you.
Harry: (smiles) I'm fine Lou. You go back and spend time with your sisters.
Louis: (looks at the cupcakes) Harry... you didn't have to...
Harry: (waves him off) Oh shut up. The girls will love these! Plus I love baking. You know that.
Louis: (smiles) I know...
Harry: Now go be with your sisters. Shoo.
Louis: (bites his lip) But... why are you alone in the kitchen? (Whines) Come with me...
Harry: (smiles fondly) I'll come Lou. Just lemme clean this stuff (looks at the dirty bowl).
Louis: (whiny) It's okay just leave it. We can clean it later.
Harry: (pushes Louis' fringe aside; looks at him lovingly) Why is my lil' hedgehog being whiny today?
Louis: (playing with Harry's curls) Because my Hazza is alone in the kitchen making cupcakes for my sisters.
Lottie: (clears her throat loudly).
Louis and Harry both look up startled.
Lottie: (crosses her arms) Dad just left with Fizzy.
Louis: Oh ok.
Lottie: Lou I have to talk to you.
Louis: (looks at Harry) Um...
Lottie: (smiles) Harry would you please just watch over Daisy and Phoebe? They're upstairs.
Harry: Uh... Sure. (Looks at Louis before walking away).
Louis: (cleaning the bowl) What is it Lottie?
Lottie: (walks towards Louis) You know...
Louis: Yes I'm in love with him. You happy?
Lottie: (scoffs) No shit. So you guys dating? (Excited) Have you had your first kiss?
Louis: No we're not dating.
Lottie: (raises an eyebrow) But... you've kissed?
Louis: It was a dare...
Lottie: So you've never had a real kiss yet?
Louis: (looks down) Um...
Lottie: So you guys have kissed several times? (Incredulous; furrows her eyebrows) I'm confused now Louis. Why aren't you guys dating?
Louis: Urghh it's complicated Lots.
Lottie: Woah woah wait... lemme get this straight. (Counts with her fingers) It's obvious that you both like eachother. You've already kissed eachother which is a huge milestone. (Scoffs) Now explain to me how the fuck is it complicated?
Louis: (eyes widen) Lottie! Don't swear!
Lottie: (rolls her eyes) I'm fourteen Lou.
Louis: That's right you're fourteen. Stop acting like a wise old lady and eat this shut the fucupcake. (Holds the cupcake to her mouth).
Lottie: (pushes it away) I am wise though.
Louis: (sighs; puts the cupcake down) Well Harry... (sighs) has commitment problems...
Lottie: (incredulous) Commitment problems?
Louis: Yeah... he doesn't get close to anyone. I'm like the only one he's gotten close to since his parents death...
Lottie: Lou I understand, trust me I do... but come on Lou... it has been so long since I've seen you like this! You've slowly managed to build yourself back up after all these years! And... and I like Harry... I do... (emotional) but I'm scared... I'm scared he'll break you again. I'm scared of losing you again...
Louis: (cups her face) You won't lose me Lots... ever. I promise.
Lottie: (shakes her head) But what if he starts seeing someone else? You told me Harry's a playboy!
Louis: (sighs; puts his hands down; takes a few steps back) That's... it's how he deals with pain... it doesn't mean anything...
Lottie: I know what you're trying to do. You want to fix a broken house.
Louis: I don't see anything wrong with that.
Lottie: (frustrated; emotional) But it's broken Lou! It's totaled! Some things cannot be fixed. You might die trying. It's better to move on and find a better house that is good for you.
Louis: (annoyed; raises his voice) But I love the broken house! I- I... it's my home!
Lottie: (sighs) You know... I love that you remind me of mom in every single way except the fact that you're both stubborn as hell.
Louis: (doesn't reply).
Lottie: (walks upto him) Lou you're so blinded by love... there are plenty of nice guys out there for you, the guys you deserve... you just have to open your eyes and see.
Louis: (sighs) Let's just... go check on the twins.

🎗🎗🎗

Meanwhile,

Harry: (opens the door).
Daisy and Phoebe: (stop playing with their dolls; look up).
Harry: Hey girls... (walks towards the bed) Whatcha guys doing?
Silence.
Harry: Um... wow those dolls are so pretty! Can I see? (Extends his arm).
Daisy: (slowly gives it to Harry).
Harry: (touching the doll's hair) What's her name?
Daisy: Lily...
Harry: (smiles at both of them) That's a cute name.
Daisy and Phoebe: (giggle).
Phoebe: (looking at Harry with wide eyes) Can I touch your hair?
Harry: (surprised; smiles) Um yeah... sure (leans forward).
Phoebe: (slides her fingers along the curl that dipped down beautifully near the crook of Harry's neck) It's soooooo soft!
Daisy: (also touches Harry's hair; gleams) Yes it is! (Squeals) It's like silk! Can we braid it? (Whines) Please please please....
Phoebe: (squishes Harry's cheek) You're sooooo pretty! (Harry chuckles) Can we do your make up too? (Whines) Please please please....
Harry: (unsure; but doesn't want yo disappoint the little girls; sighs) Okay fine...
Daisy and Phoebe: (squeal) Yes!!!
Harry: (smiles fondly).
Daisy: (starts braiding Harry's hair; tries a new style that she learnt recently from Lottie).
Phoebe: (starts applying powder).
Harry: (sneezes when the powder gets into his nose).
Phoebe: Sorry Harry! Are you okay?
Harry: (smiles) I'm alright darling...
Phoebe: Aww... you're the best! Lottie and Fizzy always complain when I do something wrong. (Takes a little bit of lipstick on her fingers and smudges it over Harry's cheeks for blush; She applies the same lipstick over his lips). Now rub your lips together.
Harry: (does as told) Like that?
Louis: (opens the door; eyes widen).
Lottie: (also surprised cause Daisy and Phoebe are both closed off girls but here they are, being so comfortable with Harry, a boy they just met.)
None of them have noticed Lottie and Louis standing by the door yet, too indulged in their little fun make over.
Daisy: Almost done. Just one more tiny detail... (grabs the pink flower crown).
Harry: (looking at it; adorably insecure) Um do you think it'll look good on me though?
Louis: (shakes his head; fond fond fond) You're right Lottie.
Lottie: (turns to Louis; confused).
Louis: (looks at Lottie) There are plenty of nice guys out there. (Turns to Harry) But none of them would ever compare to this adorable dork, whom I'm so hopelessly in love with...

♥️♥️♥️

(A/N):

Lottie and Louis are both wise beyond their years which is the most striking trait of the Tomlinson family other than their gorgeous blue eyes.

How are you liking the story so far? Do you expect to see some action or is that a No??? Please comment your thoughts below💙💚