Chapter 22

Niall: (crosses his arms) Harry, we need to talk.
Harry: (furrows his eyebrows) Tell me.
Niall: (cautious) Is... um... is something going on between you and Louis?
Harry: (tenses) Uh... we're just friends. (Scratches his neck)
Niall: (knows that there is something more but decides against questioning him; sighs) Fine. (gets nervous) Uh... but I have something to tell you.
Harry: (raises an eyebrow)
Niall: Remember that day at Mixers party, we were playing truth or dare....
Harry: (muddled) Okay...
Niall: (extremely anxious) Louis dared Selena and I to play seven minutes in heaven....
Harry: (thinks back, doesn't actually remember it clearly)
Niall: (sees Harry's still confused; quickly confesses) We kissed.
Harry: (mouth opens wide) You what?
Niall: (still fidgety) Yeah...
Harry: (doesn't know how to react; sighs) It's okay Niall, not a big deal.
Niall: Yeah.... But I've kinda been hanging out with her too....
Harry: Niall!
Niall: (quickly) Just as friends! I mean... I like her...
Harry: (raises an eyebrow) Like like her?
Niall: (scrunches his face) Maybe...
Harry: (shakes his head; sighs) You have to tell Betty.
Niall: (scratches his neck) Yeah... I know. That's what Louis said.
Harry: (incredulous) You told Louis? (Niall nods) Before you told any of us?
Niall: (eyes widen) No no Haz... it's... since he was sober that day, he saw me all flustered and questioned me right after. So...
Harry: (crosses his arms) That's not an excuse Niall, but just... you have to tell Betty soon.
Niall: (sighs) Okay yeah... I will.

🎗🎗🎗

Liam: Zayn! Slow down please.
Zayn: (turns to see Liam but doesn't slow down) Stop following me.
Liam: Where are you going?
Zayn: Somewhere alone.
Liam: (sighs) Come on Zee, you're acting like a child.
Zayn: (stops) You won't understand Liam. You will never understand the pain I feel everytime I see the love of my life in the arms of someone else.
Liam: (almost snorts, as he is in the exact same situation, but decides to console him since Zayn sounded so hurt) Zee.... I understand. I really do. But you've watched him many times, being intimate with someone else. You're strong Zee. Please don't break. (Pleading)
Zayn: (wipes his running nose) I know but this... this is different. I know Harry like the palm of my hand. (Tears running down his cheeks) And... I can see it in his eyes.
Liam: (confused) See what?
Zayn: (looks at Liam with red eyes) He is beginning to fall Li. (Whimpers) And it's not for me...
Liam: (quickly hugs him and runs his back soothingly) Shh... its okay. (Couldn't help but feel bad for Zayn, but the truth is that he had also felt the connection between Harry and Louis and maybe he felt that Louis could change Harry. And maybe a little part of him hoped that if Harry falls for Louis, Liam could have Zayn all for himself. He knew it was utterly selfish... but he couldn't help wishing for it as he stood there, the boy of his dreams in his arms, crying for someone else.)

🎗🎗🎗

At Harry's house:

Bell rings..

Niall: Must be Louis.
Harry: (quickly gets up) I'll open it.
Louis: (looks up as the door opens revealing a widely grinning Harry) Hey Harold.
Harry: Lewis. (Motions him) Come in.
Niall: Lou-ee!
Liam: Hey Louis. (Nudges Zayn, who is just glaring at him, to say something)
Zayn: Hey...
Louis: (smiles warmly) Hey guys. (Goes to sit on the couch).
Harry: (grabs his arm) No no, you're coming with me to the kitchen. (Pulls him)
Louis: (feels very uncomfortable as Zayn glares at him as he goes with Harry) What is it that's so important that you had to drag me here?
Harry: (crosses his arms) Why didn't to tell me about Niall and Selena?
Louis: I'm sorry Harry but it wasn't really my place to tell. And if I had told you before Niall could, then you'd have murdered him.
Harry: That's true but I'm still very angry at you. (Tries to act angry but fails miserably as he smirks) You have to make it up to me.
Louis: (teases) Oh do I? Maybe after it's really late, I'll make it up to you.
Harry: (didn't expect that; eyes widen but smirks after) Oh... I can't wait.
Zayn: (clears his throat) Harry, the food has arrived. (Gives Louis a look)
Harry: Alright Zaynie. (Walks to Zayn and throws an arm around his shoulder as they walk out.)
Louis: (feels his stomach churn a bit and he frowns at himself).
Liam: Thank God you're back! Niall was about to have a stroke, just sitting here not being able to put his hands on the food.
Niall: I'm not even gonna argue.
They all started eating while continuing to talk and all of them were having a good time. It seemed as if Louis belonged with them. Even Zayn felt that. Atleast for a few minutes.
Louis: Hey did you know? If your hand was bigger than your face, then you have a high risk of getting cancer.
Harry: (raises an eyebrow) Really? (Places his hand on his face)
Louis: (quickly slaps him and bursts out laughing) Oh my God I can't believe you fell for that!
The other three weren't smiling as they expected Harry to get very angry. But they were about to be surprised.
Harry: (His mouth was wide open in shock) You! (He shouted playfully and tackled him on the floor) You little twat! Be ready to face my fury.
Louis: (choking from laughing so hard) By fury do you mean your furry ass? Please not your furry ass! (He squeals)
The Liam and Niall watch them in amazement while Zayn scowls.
Zayn: Guys come on! (Pulls Harry off of Louis)
Harry: (still trying to catch his breath from laughing so hard)
Louis: (taunts) That's all you got huh frog face! And here I was thinking that maybe you'd give me a taste of your-
Zayn: (growls) Louis stop being a slut.
All of their mouths fall open.
Louis: (isn't having it) Well I don't see what makes you think that Zayn. We were just having fun.
Zayn: (holds out his fingers menacingly) Don't think I don't know what you're doing.
Liam: (gives Louis a pleasing look) Louis... don't.
Louis: (he was beyond frustrated at how Zayn is treating him; replies challengingly) Oh really? Please enlighten me then Zayn. What am I doing?
Zayn: (angry) Stop throwing yourself at him!
Harry: (doesn't understand why Zayn was acting like this) Zay-
Niall: (squeezes Harry's arm shaking his head as if saying don't)
Louis: (raises his voice) I'm not! If I remembered it correctly, it was him who tackled me. And I seriously don't understand what's wrong with that Zayn. We were just playing.
Zayn: (shouts getting up) Don't raise your voice godammit.
Louis: (also stands up) Don't tell me what to do! You're the one who can't bear to see his friend having a good time with someone else.
Zayn: (dryly laughs) You're the one trying to steal my friend.
Harry: Guys!
Louis: He's my friend too!
Zayn: (walks towards Louis threateningly making Louis step back) No he's not. And he never will be. You're just another boy toy who he's going to use and throw away like trash!
Harry: (shouts finally) Zayn!Zayn: (Gets very close to Louis; whispers so no one else hears him) You'll never have him. You'll never be enough. He's mine.
Louis: (stands there frozen; not due to the fact that Zayn's words had frazzled him, but because Zayn was standing very close invading his personal space, with a finger on his chest)
Harry: (senses something is off; pulls Zayn away from Louis) Zayn back off!
Zayn: (throws his hands up in frustration) He's-
Harry: (gives him a hard glare) Zayn, just... just go.
Zayn: (had never seen Harry so angry with him; tears start brimming his eyes; softly) Harry...
Harry: (ignores him as places his hands on Louis shoulder shaking him slightly) Lou?
Louis: (Just stands there frozen with absolutely zero emotion on his face)
Zayn: Oh come on! He's just faking it.
Niall: (chimes in before Harry could) Zayn. Seriously. Leave. Please. (He adds in the end).
Zayn: (shakes his head before he leaves)
Harry: (hears Zayn leaving while looking into Louis' eyes; sighs) Liam. Just... you take care of Zayn...
Liam: (looks at Louis sympathetically before he nods and leaves)
Harry: (taps Louis' cheek; softly) Lou? Baby.... look at me. (Cups his face)
Louis: (finally looks into Harry's eyes; tears start rolling down his face)
Harry: (worried; wipes the tears with his thumb) Baby are you okay? Are you hurt? Please....talk to me Lou...
Louis: (a few more tears leave his eyes; after a few moments his breathing gets laboured and legs give out, making him fall)
Harry: (quickly wraps his arms around Louis preventing him from hitting the floor; panicks) Lou? Oh my God! LOU!

♥️♥️♥️