Chapter 14

All the groups have now assembled in the ground. Harry could tell it was gonna be a tough competition especially since some of his friends were not entirely on good terms. Also Harry couldn't get Louis out of his mind. He had ignored Harry all day. Now he was standing right in front of Harry, wearing a striped shirt paired with blue jeans and of course his leather gloves. Harry must have have been admiring the boy too much that he didn't hear Liam calling him.

Harry: (something slaps him) Ouch...Hey!
Liam: Earth to Harry.
Harry: (still rubbing his cheeks) Was that really necessary?
Liam: (grins) Absolutely.
Zayn: Here, let me see. (Gently lifts Harry's hand and caresses his cheek)
Liam: (looks away; eyes fall on Niall)
Niall: (almost feels sympathetic; but stays silent)
Hey Betty! Over here! (Motions Betty to join them) Oh you look stunning Babe (pulls her in for a kiss)
Betty: (is wearing a white sleeveless shirt which has an open back for the wings; pulls away after the kiss.)
Tim: (taps his mic to get everyone's attention) Good afternoon! You all know that Renaissance is arriving soon. So my mates and I thought 'why not have a friendly competition and kick everyone's ass before the real competition even starts'. (Smirks)
Niall: (shouts) Stop dreaming Timothy!
Luke: (shouts) Yeah! If anything, We're gonna kick Your ass!
Jade: (shouts) Yeah!
Tim: (grits through his teeth) Oh I'm gonna have a real good time crushing your skulls.
Mr.Winston: Okay that's enough. (Takes the mic from him)10 teams, 10 flags. Each of you will have a go against another to retrieve your flag from the other side and don't allow the opposite team to get their flag from your side. The top 4 teams will have a face off next week!
Students cheer!
Mr.Winston: Rules. No hurting anyone on purpose.
This is a friendly game, I expect you to gear up properly, we don't want any of you getting hurt now do we? If I see any funny business, I'll be the one to call out. No arguing. My decision is final. I will personally recommend the top 3 teams to represent us in Renaissance but there will be other tests so the one's who don't make it to top 3 don't have to worry.
Students whisper...
Liam: Oh my God! And some of you didn't want us enrolled.
Niall: (scoffs) Fuck off!
Harry: Guys stop it. Please get your act together.
Mr.Winston: (continues) All the best dear students. The game starts in 30 minutes so you can prepare. May the best team win!
Students cheer!
Betty: So... what's our plan of action?
Liam: I guess it's clear. Niall, Betty to get the flag. With Niall's super speed, Betty's flight plus quick thinking it should be a piece of cake. (Turns to Zayn and Harry) You guys attack. Don't let them get their flag.
Zayn: What about you?
Liam: (exhales) I'm gonna pray to God my shield works.
Zayn: (raises an eyebrow) Liam, don't tell me you're gonna jump in front of us when we're attacked.
Liam: I'll have to try.
Zayn: But-
Betty: Liam's right. He's not safe anywhere on the field. So let him do his thing.
Zayn: (sighs) Fine. But be careful. All of you.
Niall: Haz? You seem deep in thought.
Harry: I'm calculating.
Liam: Calculating what exactly?
Harry: (exhales) Well 5 out of the 10 teams are not really our concern. They're range is probably low or average, and they've probably just been formed. This is about team work, so obviously they'll fall out. So the real game is only between 5 teams.
Zayn: Tim's gang, what's their name?
Niall: Uh...The reapers or something.
Zayn: Ok. They'll surely get in cause, you know, Winston.
Harry: Yeah...
Liam: Then 5sos. Don't know about the new guy but they'll get in somehow.
Zayn: Maybe... then ofcourse there's Little Mix.
Betty: Yeah... they got Selena as their 5th member.
Niall: The Gomez girl?
Harry: More like the storm girl.
Niall: Shit...
Liam: That's tough. Who's the other one?
Harry: Josh's team.
Liam: Josh, Sandy, Jon and Dan? Doesn't look like a terrifying team to me.
Harry: Yeah but they managed to get Danielle.
Niall: (chokes) The snake girl?
Harry: (exhales) Yeah...
Niall: But how did you k ow that?
Harry: (shrugs) Josh. He spilled it when I fucked him at Luke's party.
Zayn: Harry...I nee-
Liam: Anyways! Who's The Reapers 5th member? Any idea?
Zayn: (sighs)
Niall: (glares at Liam)
Liam: (coughs)
Betty: I don't know.
Harry: Well it doesn't matter. We're surely in the top 4. Just don't get hurt okay.
Niall: Who are we against first?
Liam: (checking their list) Um...we're in number 2 for our first match so, uh we'll be going against... oh God Little mix.
Harry: Wow okay.
Betty: Guys I'm sure we'll win.
Liam: maybe, maybe not. But the thing is I won't be too ashamed to lose to them so...
Zayn: (chuckles) Me too. So 2nd match?
Liam: (checking the list) Um...oh the 2nd match is with Pink terror.
Harry: (snickers) excellent choice of name.
Liam: God 1st two matches are with girls!
Betty: (hits him) That's sexist.
Liam: I didn't mean it like that!
Betty: Right.
Harry: (shakes his head) Just leave out the noobs.
Liam: Okay....um...Got it! 5th match is with Josh's team.
Zayn: The terrorizers
Niall: Gosh were did they find these pathetic names.
Betty: (shrugs) They could say the same thing about us.
All four look at her.
Betty: Sorry.
Liam: Well... the 6th match is with The reapers. And our last match is with 5sos.
Zayn: Wow.
Betty: Boys it's starting.

MATCH 1:
The Reapers VS Mavericks

Niall: Well...the Mavericks didn't stand a chance.
Zayn: Who's that new guy?
Harry: Never seen him.
Liam: Guys it's us next.

MATCH 2:
One Direction VS Little Mix

Niall: (runs rapidly to their flag)
Selena: (creates a tornado guarding the flag)
Jade: (power: High jumps) Hops to their flag.
Zayn: (aims at Jade)
Perrie: (tries to confuse Zayn with her illusions).
Zayn: (Perrie's power obviously works; Zayn starts seeing the ground empty and hence he can't aim)
Jade: (gets near their flag; but stops)
Harry: (is standing in front of it; smirks; He's forms a ring of fire around the flag.)
Betty: (flys above the tornado and spots the flag)
Leigh-Anne: (power; also flight, but doesn't require wings, flys over the ring of fire)
Harry: (shouts) Zayn! Focus!
Zayn: (snaps out of the trance; quickly strikes Perrie.)
Liam: (rushes to their flag)
Jessie: (power: control plants; the roots of a nearby tree wraps around Betty's leg and pulls her down)
Niall: (rushes to Betty and frees her)
Selene: (spots Liam and turns the tornado towards him)
Liam: (starts running away)
Niall: (quickly runs to Liam and pulls him fast)
Harry: (sees the situation) Zayn! I'll take care of this you help them.
Zayn: (hesitates) Okay... (gives Harry a kiss in the cheek) Be careful Haz.
Harry: I will.
Zayn: (aims at Selena)
Selena: (due to the moisture present around her, gets electrocuted fast and the tornado dies)
Jade and Perrie: (Start closing Harry; Perrie starts her illusions)
Harry: (suddenly Harry finds himself in the middle of a forest; he looks around but sees no one)
Jessie: (has also joined Jade and Perrie) The roots are slowly wrapping around Harry).
Zayn: (sees this; tries to go to Harry)
Liam: (stops him) We have to get the flag. (Looks at Harry) Quick!
Zayn: Okay you're right.(they start running together)
Selena: (regains composure; forms a storm resisting them from moving forward.)
Betty: (is now close to their flag)
Leigh Anne: (steps in front of him, crosses her arms) Nah- uh.
Harry: (finds himself trapped; a large anaconda crushing him; whimpers)
Zayn: (finds it hard to breathe with the strong wind; suffocates)
Liam: Oh my God Zee! (Holds him up; suddenly he can't feel the wind anymore)
Zayn: Li?
Liam: (has shielded them; looks at Zayn; and the both start walking through the storm)
Zayn: (since he's shielded attacks Selena)
Selena: (storm is cleared)
Jade: (Now close to their flag)
Harry: (tries to escape and he explodes, the roots turning to ashes, and that's enough for him to step out of Perrie's illusion)
Jessie: (falls back due to the impact)
Harry: (torso starts flaming up and he shoots at both Perrie and Jade, who run for their lives)
Niall: (sees Selena is down, quickly uses the opportunity to run to their flag)
Leigh-Anne: (tries to stop Niall but Betty holds her back)
Niall: (quickly grabs the flag and lifts it) Yes!

All the students were watching the match in awe.

Niall and Betty: (run to their side with the flag)
Liam and Zayn: (also run)
Liam: (Jumps) We won.
Harry: (gets up from the ground; dusting off his burnt shirt; still catching his breath) We won.

The rest of the day was a blur. Team after team fighting each other with all they've got. With only one match to go Little Mix and One direction were tied up for the 1st place.
The last match of the day, will decide who will finish with the highest points. The last Match of the day...
One Direction VS 5SOS.

(A/N):

I'm sorry I had to include some action...was it too boring?

♥️♥️♥️