Chapter 43

On a cab, Doncaster road:

Harry: (watching Louis who has his eyes fixed on the window, admiring the town almost like a little kid at a tourist spot).
Louis: (doesn't realise Harry watching him; shuffles excitedly as he knows that they're almost home.)
Harry: (smiles subconsciously at the sight of Louis' crinkled sweet smile; doesn't realise the car coming to a halt).
Louis: (quickly grabs Harry's hand; very excited) We're here!
Harry: (snapped out of it) Um... (gets down; his eyes scanning the area; the house was not big but it looked posh and compact) Oh God... (nervous) Now I gotta meet your family?
Louis: (fiddling with the keys) Um.. No. (Harry looks at him confused) It's really late Haz... They'll be asleep in their house.
Harry: Oh... (feels a bit sorry for Louis).
Louis: (opens the door finally) Viola!
Harry: (looks around the hall; the creamy white walls decorated with pictures of the Tomlinson family was enough to get Harry really like the house; drops the bags  and walks closer to inspect the pictures).
Louis: (slumps on the couch; a content sigh leaves his lips; mumbles) Gosh I missed this...
Harry: (smirks pointing a picture) Is this you?
Louis: (peeks at what caught Harry's attention; groans; it's a picture of little Louis in a pink tutu). Ugh... I thought I told them to take it off!
Harry: (laughs; maybe he thought Louis looked super cute but there's no way he was gonna tell him that; eyes fall on the next picture; a picture of Louis' whole family; smiles) You are your mom's clone! Your eyes... (turns to Louis) they're a copy of your mom's.
Louis: (closing his eyes; relaxing on the soft sofa; hums).
Harry: (furrows his eyebrows concentrating on the picture) But... yours are more... icy... crystal blue I guess. (Nodding to himself) More deep. (Turns to Louis) Your mum is very beautiful.
Louis: (smirks) Harold... did you just indirectly imply that I'm very beautiful?
Harry: No. I did not.
Louis: Uh-huh? But you just-
Harry: No.
Louis: Ha-
Harry: No.
Louis: (grumbles) Just watch when you come to me to tell your lame knock knock jokes.
Harry: (chuckles; walks to the couch) So... what are we gonna do?
Louis: (tired sigh) Sleep.
Harry: (yawns as if on cue) I'm down for it.
Louis: (leads him to the his old bedroom). Lottie told me that they cleaned the house recently. (Opens the door) This is my room.
Harry: (looks around; the room is painted a glum grey which Harry himself finds rather depressing and the black curtains certainly don't help; the entire room looks new probably since they cleaned all the stuff.)
Louis: (seeing Harry's expression) I know it looks...
Harry: Dull? Sad? Depressing?
Louis: What can I say? This was my childhood.
Harry: (cringes; sighs) Well... then I guess it needs a makeover.
Louis: (sits on the bed; yawns again) Let's go to sleep now and talk about this tomorrow...
Harry: Okay. (Crosses his arms; playing with Louis) Where am I gonna sleep?
Louis: (confused) Um... I thought... uh (scratches his neck awkwardly) I thought we could sleep together (quickly corrects himself at Harry's raised eyebrow) I mean in my room! (rambling) But you could sleep in the guest room if you'd feel uh... more c-comfortable.
Harry: (stares at Louis blankly for a few seconds making him more and more anxious).
Louis: (bites his lip; couldn't handle the tension; decides to spe) Let me show you the-
Harry: No. (Walks past Louis; slumps on the bed) I'll sleep here.
Louis: (let's out the breath he had been holding; throws a pillow on Harry) You bastard! (Lies beside Harry who is laughing in his pillow; shakes his head annoyed) You fucking bastard.
Harry: (still laughing) Oh God...
Louis: (crosses his arms; pouting) I hate you... you mean!
Harry: Aww... I'm sorry little hedgehog (poking Louis' bottom lip) Did I hurt Lou's feelings?
Louis: (a little surprised at Harry's demeanor; cute) You did...
Harry: I'm sorry Lou-Lou... what can I do to make it upto you?
Louis: (doesn't know what changed and why Harry was being a cutie; but he's definitely not complaining; spreads his arms) Cuddle me!
Harry: (smiles; pulls Louis closer wrapping his arm around Louis' waist; their noses touching; eyes closed) You happy now?
Louis: (eyes wide; feeling all tingly due to the extreme closeness; taking in every single inch of Harry's face; dazed) Oh I'm happy alright.
It stays silent for awhile.
Harry: (eyes still closed) I thought you said you were sleepy.
Louis: (caught staring; flustered) I am sleeping.
Harry: Oh so now you're sleep talking?
Louis: (still staring; dreamy) Mm hmm.
Harry: (shakes his head; shuffles slightly) Liar.
Louis: (decides to push the buttons) How do you expect me to sleep when you're this close?
Harry: (opens his eyes to see Louis staring at him like he's one of the seven wonders of the world; whispers) Stop...
Louis: What?
Harry: (stutters) S-stop looking at me like that...
Louis: (shrugs) Like what? (Gently runs his thumb over Harry's jaw making Harry's breath hitch). Oh look you have a freckle right here...
Harry: (swallows thickly) Lou... I can't...
Louis: (unfazed; running his fingers through Harry's curls) You can't what?
Harry: (purrs at the contact; struggling hard to hold himself together; finally finds it in him to take Louis' hand off; holds it to his heart) This can never be... (eyes glistening) I... (lets out a breath) I shouldn't... but you're making this so soooo hard for me...
Louis: (shuffles closer; looking intently into Harry's eyes) Why not? Please just tell me Haz... We can work this out together...
Harry: (Shakes his head) No Lou... This is my burden.
Louis: (voice shaky) Plea-
Harry: (lets go of his hand) If you really care about my feelings... you'll let me go. (Turns the other way; his back now facing Louis).
Louis: (teary eyed; also turns around; exhales deeply).