Epilogue

Harry: (wide awake with Louis on his chest; staring at the ceiling).
Louis: (also awake; drawing incoherent figures on Harry's stomach; they're just lying in bed, holding onto eachother tightly, but both of them have never felt so content, so secure...)
Harry: We were having breakfast...
Louis: (tilts his head to meet Harry's eyes; knows exactly what he's talking about; snuggles closer to him).
Harry: (shifts his body down so that Louis didn't have to strain his neck; it was a small gesture but it sure earned him a kiss on the cheek; sighs) Gemma was on some school trip, so it was just Mum, Dad and I... (smiles at the memory) My mum had made choco chip pancakes... (gets serious; swallows thickly) Someone was at the door... so my dad went to check on it... (inhales deeply) All I heard was a gun shot (sniffles). After that everthing just... (struggling) I literally froze... All I could hear was my mum's faint cries... She yanked me up and rushed me upstairs and locked the room... She told me to get under the bed (whimpers, shaking his head) and I just did as she told... (tears start rolling down his cheek; sniffles) They... my mum... (struggling) They bashed her in front of my eyes (chokes a sob) before shooting her in the head and burning down the house...
Louis: (listening intently; eyes glistening).
Harry: (shakes his head; takes a deep breath) And I did nothing... (his voice filled with self-contempt and anger)... I just hid under the bed like a selfish prick... (dry snort) watching...
Louis: (looks at him pitifully) Haz... you were just ten years old... And you must have been in shock...
Harry: (shakes his head furiously; cries) I-if I had just... used my powers... (looks at Louis completely vulnerable) She would've lived Lou... (wheezing) I killed her...
Louis: (quickly hugs him to his chest; rubs his back soothingly; eyes glistening) Love... (Harry cries clutching his shirt; presses his lips to Harry's hair; also tearing up) Baby don't cry... please...
Harry: (whispers; scared) Do you still love me...
Louis: (immediately makes Harry look up; cupping his cheek; swipes his thumb gently over Harry's lips) It wasn't your fault Harry- (Harry makes a sound of protest but Louis shakes his head shushing him) It wasn't your fault okay? You're an angel... You were so small baby... (rocks him gently) So small... (presses a small kiss on Harry's lips) You panicked love... it's a normal reaction (Harry whimpers; Louis kisses him again) Some things... (sighs sadly) Some things just happen love... it's completely out of our hands... We can keep blaming ourselves... but life keeps moving on...
Harry: (sniffles; nods weakly; Louis presses a kiss on his forehead and Harry snuggles into Louis' chest; slowly slipping into slumber listening to the soothing rhythm of Louis' heartbeat...)

🎗🎗🎗

Luke: So you guys are like a thing now?
Harry: (pecks Louis' nose) Yeppp.
Ashton: (groans) That is disgustingly cute...
Luke: (pointing to Harry) But how did you guys kick sense into this potato sack?
Harry: (offended) Hey!
Niall: Sweet old Jealousy... Thanks to Olly...
Zayn: Simple but effective...
Mike: Aww right... Jealousy always works... (nudges Luke) Right babe...
Liam: (confused) Wait a minute... Am I missing something here?
Luke: (chuckles) Well back when Mike had trouble accepting his feelings for me...
Louis: (groans) Ugh... I'll always hate you for it. (Gags) You tasted like saw paper!
Niall: (gasps realizing) Oh so that's why you guys kissed at the cafeteria!
Louis: (scowls) More like forcefully pounced on me...
Liam: (starts laughing) Oh god... (to 1D) Do you guys remember Harry at that time...
Niall: (laughs loudly remembering) He was literally fuming... I mean you could see smoke come out of his ears...
Louis: (shocked; to Harry; amused) Really?
Harry: Um... I'm not even gonna pretend like it's not true...
Louis: (smiles) Aww love... (kisses Harry).
Harry: (pulls Louis closer cupping his face; smiles into the kiss).
Luke: (rolls his eyes playfully) Guys we're still here...
Liam: (fonds at the sight; looks at Zayn who is also fonding; slips his hand into Zayn's).
Zayn: (caught off guard; looks at their hands and then at boy beaming at him; shakes his head blushing).
Harry: (pulls away; smiling so wide, you could see all his teeth).
Louis: (Louis' cheeks are a shade of pink; smiles lovingly).
Niall: (coos; fangirling hard) Aww... I think I'm tearing up... (sniffles) This needs to be captured on camera and be treasured for generations... (takes out his phone and clicks a pic) Beautiful.