Chapter 44

The waffle house, Doncaster:

Mark: So you're a double strong?
Harry: Uh... yes sir.
Mark: That's good. Louis here is a double strong as well.
Harry: (smiles) Yeah he told me...
Mark: (surprised) He did? He  never does that. He was never really happy about it. You know he wanted to be a normal!
Harry: (looks at Louis in shock).
Louis: (pointedly at Mark) Mark, it was long time ago.
Mark: (to Harry) And he used to call me dad too. (To Louis) But it was a long time ago...
Louis: (sighs).
Lottie: (eating her pancakes) Dad leave him be...
Mark: Fine fine... (to Harry) I'm happy he's opened up to someone.
Harry: (smiles and starts eating).
Louis: So where's Daisy and Phoebe?
Mark: They're on a school camp. They'll be here tomorrow.
Fizzy: (to Harry) Do you have any siblings?
Harry: Uh.. yeah one older sister. Her name is Gemma.
Lottie: That's a cute name.
Harry: Thanks. I sure won't be telling her that.
Lottie: (chuckles).
Fizzy: Where is she? Is she living with your parents?
Louis: (stern) Fiz-
Harry: (places his hand on Louis'; gives him an 'it's ok' look) Um... my parents died when I was 10.
Fizzy: (eyes wide) Oh...
Mark: (sympathetic) I'm sorry to hear that son.
Fizzy: (Curious) What happened?
Harry: (hesitant) Um...
Louis: (snaps) Okay when did this turn into an interview? Can you just let him eat in peace?
There is silence for a moment.
Harry: (looks at Louis; he knows Louis shouldn't have snapped but he kinda likes the feeling. The feeling of being protected. Of being taken care of.)
Louis: (sighs) I'm sorr-
Mark: No... we're sorry (to Harry). We shouldn't have come off like that... (To the girls) Right girls?
Lottie and Fizzy: (nod) Yep.
Louis: (smiles) It's just... (sighs) Let's eat in silence shall we? Good.
Silence...
Fizzy: (leans forward) Are you guys dating?
Louis: (drops his fork; groans) Urghhh!!!

🎗🎗🎗

Louis' house:

Louis: (walks in) I can't believe them! Ugh.
Harry: (smiles fondly; Louis had been groggy about what happened in the waffle house; But Harry kinda adored Louis' scrunched up nose and pouty lips when he was like that. So he wasn't complaining). Lou, it's nothing really. They were very nice.
Louis: (groans) No they weren't! They were acting like sick nosey people prying on private information!
Harry: (sighs; walks to Louis who is standing across the hall with crossed arms and grumpy expression. Aww he looks like a cute little bunny and Harry just wants to cuddle him to death) It's okay though Lou... They were just curious.
Louis: No! They were so embarrassing!  They cornered you and-
Harry: (shakes his head fondly at him; picks him up like the little hedgehog he is).
Louis: (gulps; shouts in surprise) What the- Harry! Wha- what are you! Put me down this instant.
Harry: (ignores Louis' whines; places him on the bed).
Louis: Harry! That was completely unnecessary! (Crosses his arms) I don't like being manhandled.
Harry: (doesn't say anything; just looking at Louis with an unidentifiable expression).
Louis: (confused) Um... You can't just pick me up like an object.
Harry: (still nothing).
Louis: (waves his hand) Hellooo?
Harry: I just... (exhales).
Louis: (concerned) Haz... (lifts Harry's chin making him look up) Is something wrong?
Harry: Nothing's wrong... I'm actually... happy (smiles; let's out a breath) after a long time...
Louis: (looking at Harry with concern filled eyes; listening intently).
Harry: Not that my friends weren't there for me. (Looks down) I just never allowed myself to enjoy anything... but now... (slumps his shoulders) I don't know how... but I just... you... (looks at Louis) just being with you makes me happy... you make me feel secure. (sincere) Thank you for that.
Louis: (smiles widely beaming with joy; hugs Harry).
Harry: (wraps his arms around Louis; smiles into the hug) Thank you...

🎗🎗🎗

Pizza Corner:

Liam: So... what d'you wanna talk about.
Niall: I think you know exactly what I wanna talk about.
Liam: No I don't.
Niall: (rolls his eyes) What do you think you're doing? You're dating Jade now? What happened to 'Zayn is the love of my life'?
Liam: (sighs) I.... I just...
Niall: (mocking him) I- I- I-
I just what?
Liam: (snaps) He doesn't like me at all Niall! He is never gonna like me! (Frustrated) I mean what do you want me to do? Be alone forever? Huh? Is that what you want?
Niall: (silent; thinking; sighs) I'm sorry...
Liam: (sighs) It's okay... I'm just tired.
Niall: (cautious; puts his arm on Liam's shoulder) But... don't you think Zayn's starting to act weird? (Liam raises an eyebrow) Like... whenever you're about to go out with Jade?
Liam: I don't know...
Niall: Li... do you uh... like Jade?
Liam: (scoffs) Ofcourse I do. What's not to like? She's charming. She's quirky. She's intelligent. (Smiles) She's the whole package.
Niall: (thinking about what Liam had just said) Okay...
Liam: So... what happened with Betty? You never really told us what happened.
Niall: (nervous) I didn't? (Awkward chuckle).
Liam: (raises an eyebrow) Niall. What happened?
Niall: Nothing...
Liam: (raises an eyebrow) It doesn't seem like it.
Niall: (phone rings; picks up up) Yeah...
Liam: (eyeing him curiously).
Niall: Okay... be right there. (Hangs up; looks at Liam) I gotta go.
Liam: What!? Niall! Who was that?
Niall: (doesn't answer; just rushes away).
Liam: (sighs).

🎗🎗🎗

At Louis' house:

Harry: So... You sure about this?
Louis: (takes a deep breath) Yup...
Harry: (looking at the walls) I'm thinking... blue.
Louis: (crosses his arms) I'm thinking green.
Harry: (gives him a look) Nah Lou... Blue is more pleasant!
Louis: Well I like green. And don't you forget this is my room.
Harry: (scoffs) There's no way I'm letting you this wall green. (Turns around; starts painting it blue).
Louis: (growls) Harry!! (Tries to reach the wall but Harry keeps blocking him).
Harry: (chuckles shaking his head; continues to paint).
Louis: (fed up) Harry I swear to God! (Harry sticks out his tongue) That's it! (Picks up the green paint and splashes over the wall; the paint also splashes all over Harry's shirt).
Harry: (flabbergasted) Louis! You dog!
Louis: (laughs) Ha! That's why you should never mess with Tommo.
Harry: (grabs Louis by his collar making him gasp and presses him flush against his body).
Louis: (pushes him away; looks at his now paint covered shirt). Fuck you! (Dips his hands into the orange paint and wipes it on Harry's cheek).
Harry: (face scrunches as some of the paint gets into his mouth) C'mere you tiny bastard. (Catches Louis when he tries to run away; pours pink paint on his head).
Louis: (gasps as the cool paint flows down his neck).
Harry: (distracted by the scene in front of him; looking at Louis' neck intently).
Louis: (smirks as he sees this; pushes him making Harry fall to the floor; gets on top of him and holds Harry's hands to the sides of his head). Gotcha!
Harry: (had been caught off guard when Louis had tackled him; looks at Louis blankly before he comes to his senses; smiles admiring the boy hovering over him.)
Lottie: Lou- HOLY MOTHER OF LIQUID LIP! What is going on here?
Louis: (embarrassed; tries to get up quickly; fails, slipping and falling on Harry). Fuck.
Lottie: (looks at the walls and the mess they've made) Nevermind. I don't even wanna know. Daisy and Phoebe will be here in about an hour. So I suggest you clean up and do whatever you were doing, later (leaves).
Harry: (sits up with Louis on his chest).
Louis: (mumbles into Harry's neck) Ugh... that was so embarrassing... (looks around) This room is a mess!
Harry: (pushes Louis' fringe out of his eyes) Atleast we covered the floors with paper... Thank God for that.
Louis: Ugh. (Slumps into Harry's chest).

♥️♥️♥️

(A/N):

Sorry for the delay!!

Have you guys listened to Adore you? It's so beautiful!
Liam's debut album is also out!! Couldn't be more proud!
And also Niall's single PALLOM! Which is absolutely amazing!
Which one did you like the best?
Comment below💙💚