Chapter 50

Zayn: Where the hell are we going?
Liam: (shrugs) Nowhere to be honest.
Zayn: (gives him a confused look).
Liam: What? We do this all the time remember?
Zayn: (scoffs) Did. Until you got much better things to do.
Liam: (sighs).
Zayn: (bites his lips; looks down; hesitant) So... um... how are things... with you and uh... Jade?
Liam: We're not dating.
Zayn: (looks at Liam; confused).
Liam: (his eyes fixed on the sky) It wasn't working...
Zayn: (looks down) Oh...
Liam: (hums).
Zayn: I thought you really liked her.
Liam: I did. (Zayn looks at him in confusion; Liam sighs) But I'm kinda into someone else... always was.
Zayn: (immediately looks down; a slight blush on his cheeks; small) Who?
Liam: (stops walking; looks at Zayn intently) I think you know who...
Zayn: (looks away; starts walking).
Liam: (doesn't say anything; just walking beside Zayn).
Zayn: (after some time) I... (looks at Liam guiltily) I really love Harry...
Liam: (glances at Zayn sadly before maintaining his composure) I know...
Zayn: (sighs; gently grabs Liam's hand and intertwines their fingers).
Liam: (confused).
Zayn: (opens his mouth to say something).
Liam: (phone rings; sighs; disentangles their fingers and picks up) Hello?
Zayn: (watches as Liam's expression turns serious).
Liam: (hangs up) Peter called. (Looks at Zayn's raised eyebrow; answers) Harry's back.

🎗🎗🎗

At Harry's house:

Peter: (knocks at Harry's door) Haz... (sighs and opens it when he gets no response).
Harry: (lying in his bed; eyes wide open).
Peter: I brought you some cereal.
Harry: M'not hungry.
Peter: (sighs; walks upto him, sitting beside) Haz... you haven't eaten since you came back two days ago... and I'm worried okay? (Hesitant) Did something happen?
Harry: (doesn't say anything; just staring ahead).
Peter: (sighs heavily; runs his fingers through Harry's curls lovingly) Just eat this okay? (Places the cereal bowl on the table). I'm downstairs if you need me... (looks at Harry one last time before leaving).
Harry: (lets out a breath that he had been holding; turns to face the ceiling; a single tear drop slides down his cheek).

***

Peter: Something must've happened... I've never seen him look so depressed ever since... (trails off) And I'm so scared.
Liam: (consoling) We'll talk to him okay?
Zayn: (also worried and it is evident in his forlorn features).
Niall: Yes Pete... nothing's gonna happen...
Peter: (rambling) He doesn't eat. He doesn't sleep properly. He hasn't left the room since he came back... (looks at the three boys) This is almost like the time his parents... (trails off). It took him so long to recover.
Liam: (extremely concerned; he does remember that dreadful time. Harry shut everyone out. He looked like a walking corpse, he looked numb and emotionless; he cringes at the memory. That was a tough time) I'm sure it's not that bad...
Zayn: (perturbed; his fret soon turns into rage) That Bastard! (Grits through his teeth) We should've never let Harry with him...
Niall: (trying to defend Louis; but he's a bit agitated aswell; stutters) I-I... (sighs) we can't come to conclusion without knowing what really happened.
Liam: (nods) Lets call Louis.
Peter: (sighs) I tried. But it went to answer machine... (They all give him a comforting look) I felt so good seeing him genuinely happy after a long time... He- (stops startled by a sudden noise).
Harry: (walking down the stairs; in a normal tone) Hey guys... didn't know you were here.
Peter: (shocked) H-Harry?
Niall, Liam and Zayn immediately run upto Harry engulfing him a crushing hug.
Harry: (small chuckle) Missed me?
Liam: (confused; Peter said that Harry was in a bad state but now he looks just fine; looks from Harry to Peter; stuttering) You- He... I-
Harry: (cuts him off; cheerful) Why don't we go out and eat something? I guess I have a lot to catch up!
Niall: (all the previous worries forgotten) Yes! (Rubbing his tummy) Gosh I'm starving...
Zayn: (rolls his eyes) You ate before we came here.
Niall: Fuck off.
Liam: (snickers) Alright lets go.
Harry: (smiling; his eyes fall on Peter).
Peter: (looking at Harry with concern filled eyes; he knows Harry is putting up an act but he didn't understand why).
Harry: (gives Peter one last look before he throws his arms around his friends and leaves).

🎗🎗🎗

In the School assembly hall:

Mr.Moore: Welcome back dear students! Look at you all fresh and energetic after your holidays!
Niall: (whispers) I bet he  can't even see our faces from up there...
Zayn and Liam: (snicker).
Harry: (silent; trying so hard not to let his eyes wander somewhere he would regret later).
Mr.Moore: (after a long motivational speech) The Five teams are requested to stay back. Others can go to your respective classes.
Betty: (walks upto Niall and throws an arm around him) Hey babe (leans to kiss him).
Niall: (turns his head anxiously and she kisses his cheek instead; looks up to check if no one noticed his discomfort).
Harry: (Had seen it well and clear; doesn't say anything but the way his eyes lingered on the them was enough for Niall to know that he was in trouble).
Liam: Harry... (points something with his eyes).
Harry: (follows Liam's gaze).
Tim: (looking at Harry with an unidentifiable expression as he exits the hall along  with the other students).
Niall: That was weird.
Zayn: (snarls) I can't believe they let him continue here... Both him and Jeremy.
Harry: It's okay... Tim is a true idiot... But he's not heartless as Jeremy. I don't wanna destroy his life.
Zayn: (shakes his head; incredulous).
Mr.Moore: Alright students. It seems you have all assembled here. And the teachers assigned to you are hear aswell.
Harry: (feels his skin burning under an intense gaze but ignores it; trying so hard not to look around).
Ms.Flack: (stands in front of One direction and smiles at them warmly; but it falters when she feels that Harry's mind was in a war with itself. She decides to use her telepathic powers to unravel his intense thoughts but she couldn't seem to break through his barrier; she sighed; it happened all the time when someone was experiencing multiple emotions at the same time; so she decides to give up and look around imstead. Her eyes fall on something and she just knew what was distressing Harry so much).
Mr.Moore: All of you are required to practice on the ground for two hours after the classes are over. Your teachers will guide you through it and provide you with ideas. There is an upcoming party. All the schools in Manchester will present their top five teams.
You will have to dress up proper for that and your teachers will help. The theme is your own powers. (Looks at everyone's confused and nervous expressions) There's nothing to be worried about. It's just a friendly party. But I hope you'll maintain the decorum of this precious institution.
Students nod.
Mr.Moore: (smiles) Very well. You can go to your classes now.
Ms.Flack: (turns to face them) So I'll be seeing you after class...
All five nod.
Ms.Flack: (smiles; glances at Harry; leaves).
Liam: (lets out a breath) So...
Zayn: We need to start concentrating on this.
Betty: (nods).
Niall:  Oh lookey lookey.
Harry: (turns; but quickly looks down when he sees 5sos approaching).
Mike: Well well well...
Liam: (rolls his eyes) I swear to God. If you guys are here to throw weak insults then I'm gonna slap each one of you.
Ashton: (laughs) Nah. We just wanted to ask if you guys wanted to stick together at the party.
Harry: (can feel Louis' eyes on him; but doesn't look up).
Zayn: (smirks) Have you decided that you'll lose indefinitely.
Luke: Shut up. We heard certain schools were too...
Niall: (raises an eyebrow) Unfriendly?
Luke: (nods; quickly) Not that we're scared. But we think it's better if we stay together. All the teams.
Liam: (nodding to himself) Yeah... You're right. (To Harry who had been silent the whole time) What d'you think?
Harry: (disoriented) Um... yeah... sure. (Quickly sneaks a glance at Louis.)
Louis: (his eyes were on Harry the whole time; he can tell that Harry was desperately trying to avoid looking at him; sighs and looks away when he sees Harry quickly avert his eyes).
Harry: (immediately regrets ever looking up; even though it was just for a second, Harry clearly remembers how tired and worn out Louis looked... He looked like he hadn't slept in days; Yet his eyes displayed a herculean amount of hurt and betrayal; cringes at the thought; bites his lip; You can't keep doing this Harry...)

♥️♥️♥️

(A/N):

Liam has finally confessed...

If Harry continues like this... Larry will get nowhere... What do you think is gonna happen...
I wanna know your wild ideas!

Comment below💚💙