Chapter 20

Niall: Because he's in love with Zayn.
Harry: (blinks; silent for a few seconds) Um... don't we know that already?
Niall: (mouth open; doesn't know what to say) Uh...
Harry: What? I thought everyone knew.
Niall: (blinks; shakes himself out of it) Uh... everyone except Zayn.
Harry: (laughs) I know! He's such an oblivious potato. (Gets serious) But what does that have do with....
Niall: (thinks "you're an oblivious potato"; sighs) Its not my place to tell Harry. But it has something to do with that. And that's why I'm angry.
Harry: Well I'm not gonna lie. It hurts. I don't care what anyone else says behind my back, but if it's you guys....
Niall: (hugs Harry) Haz... we love you.
Harry: (pulls away) Wait lemme finish before you shower me with cheese bits. (Sighs) It hurts. But, not more than you guys fighting over this. (Begs) Please Ni, talk to him.
Niall: (emotional) Oh Haz... Even after all that's happened... you're still the same...
Harry: (stiffens; but sighs) I'm not the same.
Niall: (ignores the comment; smiles; steps back) But I won't speak with Liam.
(Harry's opens his mouth to speak, but Niall stops him). Not yet Harry. You may forgive him instantly, but not me. (Leaves)
Harry: (sighs; starts walking across the library; suddenly is being pulled into the library and is held against a rack) Bloody-
Louis: (quickly covers his mouth) Shushhhh. Calm your tits! Don't want that evil hag catching us now do we? (Refering to the Librarian who is really evil, no kidding)
Harry: (relaxes seeing its Louis; licks his hand)
Louis: (quickly removes it) Eww...
Harry: (swiftly flips them, Harry pushes Louis harshly against the rack, smirks) It's always supposed to be like this. Not the other way around.
Louis: (grumbles, rolling his eyes) Kids these days.
Harry: (chuckles; slowly taking in Louis' soft features; his luscious caramel coloured hair covering his forehead, Harry couldn't help but push them gently away from his eyes)
Louis: (breath hitches; finds himself lost in Harry's eyes)
Harry: (gaze slowly moves to his cute button nose; his cheeks which are tinted red under Harry's intense stare; his slightly parted thin but soft pink lips which once kissed Harry so intently and so sweet.)
Harry and Louis are both knocked out of their thoughts as they hear a cough. They both know who it is and they don't dare turning their heads to see.
Harry: (whispers) It's standing right there.
Louis: (also whispering) There's another door to our left. Let's run for it.
Harry: (nods) I'll count. One. (quickly starts running towards the door.)
Louis: (didn't expect it; also starts running; the librarian calling them from behind; shouts at Harry) YOU BASTARD!
Harry: (runs out the door and into the janitor closet)
Louis: (also out of the library; searching for Harry; he is suddenly pulled into someone's chest) You fuckin-
Harry: (starts laughing)
Louis: (angry; hits him in his chest) Fucking bastard, idiot!
Harry: (still laughing; trying to catch his breath; holds both Louis' wrists)
Louis: (struggles) Let go, Let go. You betraying bandicoot!
Harry: (between laughs) Sorry sorry...calm down. I warned you. (Let's go off his hands)
Louis: The fuck you didn't! You bolted on one. (Frustrated) What happened to two and three?
Harry: (proud) I improvised. Couldn't risk her figuring out our escape plan.
Louis: (crosses his arms) So you decided to escape without me.
Harry: Oh come on. You didn't get caught did you? Stop sulking.
Louis: (sighs) I can hear my heart pounding in my chest.(places his hand on his chest)
Harry: (tries to grab Louis' hand) Shit, Fuck! (Quickly removes it) Your hand is ice!
Louis: (gulps; hides his gloved hand behind his back) It's... I'm just cold.
Harry: (face scrunched; looks at Louis who seems very nervous; slowly gets closer)
Louis: (sees Harry approaching him; keeps both his hands behind his back; looking down)
Harry: (now only a centimeter gap between their chests; slowly touches his shoulders with both his hands)
Louis: (tenses at first but then relaxes into the warmth Harry's providing)
Harry: (slowly lowers his hands, reaching Louis' gloved hands; bringing them between their chests)
Louis: (breath hitches) Harry No!..
Harry: (gives him a stern look; starts slowly pulling out the glove of his right hand; the sight causes him to gasp)
Louis: (his hands are literally frozen; tries to pull away)
Harry: (doesn't say anything; removes the other glove; he joins both Louis' hands together and covers them in his own hands, gently rubbing them)
Louis: (heart melts at Harry's gentle act; his hand slowly turning back to normal)
Harry: (doesn't say anything; continues to rub them and after a while places them on his cheeks; looking into Louis' eyes)
Louis: (his hands fully normal now; quietly) Uh... my lips are frozen too.
Harry: (smirks; pulls Louis by his waist; kissing him softly)
Louis: (didn't actually expect Harry to kiss him; leans into the kiss; his thumb gently caressing Harry's cheek)
Harry: (pulls away breathless) Okay now?
Louis: (as breathless as Harry; nods)
Harry: (pulls away completely) Let's go. (Walks out)
Louis: (frowns at the loss of contact, but follows Harry out) Uh... are you not gonna ask me anything about-
Harry: (doesn't look at Louis)
No. (Walks away, leaving Louis completely confused and frustrated).

🎗🎗🎗

At the ground:

Niall: Harry focus!
Harry: (awoken from his thoughts) huh?
Niall: (notices Harry's disoriented face; gets closer) Haz... you alright?
Harry: (looks at Niall; stuttering) Uh..Y-Yeah..
Niall: (looks at him closely) Are you... sure?
Harry: (nods; turns to look at something)
Niall: (follows his gaze; sees the empty bench) Oh... Louis' not coming. He said he's not feeling well.
Harry: (puts his hands in his pockets; looks down) Oh.
Niall: (concerned) Is everything alright?
Harry: (sighs) Yeah yeah. I'm fine.
Niall: (mumbles) That's what you always say.
Harry: (ignores; goes back to practicing).
Zayn: (runs to them; frown on his face) Hey guys!
Harry: (raises an eyebrow) Is something wrong?
Liam: (stands behind Zayn sheepishly).
Zayn: Uh... Liam's having trouble with the shield again.
Liam: (groans; showing them his hands) It's not coming.
Harry: (gives Niall a knowing look)
Niall: (gets it; looks at Zayn)
Zayn: (raises an eyebrow; turns to Harry)
Harry: (signs him to go along).
Zayn: (furrows his eyebrows confused; but signs him an ok).
Harry: (puts an annoyed expression) Maybe he should train with us.
Zayn: What do you mean?
Harry: Maybe you're not cut out for this. (Crosses his hands; under his breath) You worthless piece of shit.
Liam: (eyes widen) Harry!
Zayn: (shouts) You're the one that's worthless Harry!
Harry: (his hands flame up) Oh yeah! Let's have a go then. One on One.
Liam: (shocked) Harry stop!
Zayn: But...but there's no current. It's not fair!
Harry: (shrugs) I don't care. (Harry strikes in Zayn's direction)
Liam: (shouts) No!! (Gets in front of him; eyes closed)
Zayn: Li?
Liam: (shakes his head; eyes still closed)
Zayn: (puts his hands on Liam's shoulders; shaking him) Li!
Liam: (slowly opening his eyes; sees that he had created the shield; exhales deeply in surprise)
Zayn: (excited) You did it Li!
Liam: (smiles lovingly)
Harry: (has a huge grin on his face; to Liam) Gotcha!
Zayn: (also grins; runs to Harry and throws his arms around him; swaying) I'm a worthless piece of shit huh?
Harry: (laughs; also wraps his arms around Zayn)
Niall: (laughing; to Liam) You should have seen your face.
Liam: (crosses his arms) So you all knew.
Zayn: (unwraps his hands, putting his hand around Harry's shoulder; still laughing) I can't believe you fell for it. You thought Harry and I were gonna fight! (Looks at Harry)
Harry: (shakes his head) Never in a million years.
Liam: (completely annoyed and frustrated) I hate you! (Leaves)
Zayn: Li! Come on! (Follows him)
Niall and Harry exchange looks.
Zayn: Liam! Wait!
Liam: (almost in tears; doesn't stop) Go away!
Zayn: (catches up; turns Liam; soft) Li.... I'm sorry....
Liam: (shakes his head; doesn't dare opening his mouth not trusting his voice)
Zayn: (concerned; cups his face) Li... I'm really really sorry. You got scared huh?
Liam: (nods; still not meeting Zayn's eyes)
Zayn: Look at me. (Liam does). Thank you for saving me.
Liam: (breathy chuckles)
Zayn: (hugs him)
Liam: (melts into the hug; thinks) Maybe I have a chance...

♥️♥️♥️