Chapter 34

At Harry's room:

Louis: (walks back into the room)
Harry: (sleeping with his lips somewhat like a pout.)
Louis: (smiles lovingly as Harry looks so innocent and absolutely adorable; crawls beside him; admiring the way the boy's curls fell on his cheeks and the way his eyelashes formed shadows on his skin; kisses his cheeks gently; looks at Harry for any sign of discomfort.)
Harry: (stays still however his cheeks are now a faint pink.)
Louis: (is confused at first but then notices the goosebumps on Harry's skin; it's the end of November and weather was cold; takes a blanket and places it on Harry; sighs; tugs his curls behind his ear before placing another kiss on his right eyelid; closes his eyes and with a smile on his lips, goes to sleep.)

🎗🎗🎗

At school:

Zayn: (sits down) Hiya mates...
Niall: Gosh... feels like it's been years since we sat together like this.
Liam: Yeah...
Zayn: Some of us were too busy hanging out with other people...
Harry: (pulls Zayn under his armpit and tries to ruffle his hair)
Zayn: Ahh!! Not the hair! Don't touch the hair! (Acts like choking).
Harry: (releases him but slaps Zayn right after.)
Zayn: (doesn't bother the sting in his cheeks; setting his hair) Harry you could have ruined it!
Niall: (laughing) He just slapped you right across your face (shakes his head) and you're worried about your hair!
Liam: (nudges Niall) Hey! It needs to be perfect. He didn't spend an hour on it only to be ruined now...
Niall: (shouts) An hour!?
Zayn: Yes Niall... now shut it. (Rubs his cheek where Harry slapped.) It does hurt you know...
Harry: Thank God. I was getting worried it didn't. (Makes a sound of relief).
Niall and Liam snicker.
Zayn: (smacks him; whining) Harry...
Harry: (chuckling) Okay okay what do you want me to do? Say I'm sorry?
Zayn: (leans forward) You could always kiss it better.
Niall: (fake coughs).
Harry: (pushes Zayn's face) Ew!! Ask your boyfriend to do that!
Zayn: (furrows his eyebrows) What boyfriend?
Harry: (blinks) Um...
Niall: Uh...
Liam: (nudges Zayn and coughs a little).
Zayn: (sudden realisation) Oh. (Blinks coughing frantically) Um... Liam's not my... uh..
Liam: (jumps in) We're not official... yet. We're uh... (looks at Zayn) just dating...
Niall: (almost like everyone is trying to convince Harry) You know like trying to figure out... stuff.
Harry: (furrows his eyebrows as his eyes move between the three of them.)
Zayn: (scratching his neck) Yeah... (hugs Liam awkwardly; gives Harry a faux smile).
Harry: (sighs) You know... If I didn't know that Liam's in love with you... then I'd probably say you guys aren't really dating (Shrugs).
Liam: (laughs nervously).
Zayn: (awkward cough).
Niall: (blinks not knowing what to do.)
Harry: (stands up, puts his hand around both Zayn and Liam) But seriously Ziam... I've never really seen you guys go on a date.
Ziam: (nervous; quickly) We do... we do.
Harry: (shakes his head) No you don't.
Liam: (Thinking hard for an excuse.) Um.... just....
Zayn: Liam's just busy with all the Renaissance stuff. We already wrote one test. And another's coming very soon... So.... (nods; proud of himself for coming up with a valid reason) Yeah...
Harry: (only Harry wasn't too happy; furrows his eyebrows) Jesus Li! We all know we'd get in for sure. You're stressing on that, not caring about your personal life?
Liam: Harry it's nothing... just-
Harry: (shakes his head) I don't give a fuck if you're busy... but you're going on a date. Today.
Ziam: What?
Harry: (ignores them; turns to Niall) Niall what's that Italian restaurant? The one you and Betty usually go...
Niall: Uh... Little Italy?
Harry: Yep. Book a table for two under Payne. Tonight 7.30 pm.
Zayn and Liam just blink, watching Harry and Niall, dumbfounded.
Niall: (grins) All done. (Seriously, he was happy how things went down.)
Harry: (also grins) Good. (Turns to Ziam) See. It wasn't hard was it? (Sighs) Loosen up idiots. Forget about the Renaissance shit. Have fun tonight, Yeah?
Zayn: (Slowly shaking himself out of it; furrows his eyebrows) Harry... I... I thought... (sad) You weren't this happy when I first told you the news.
Harry: (sighs) Yeah... (notices Zayn frown; thinking it was because he thought Harry didn't like the idea) But that was only because two of my best... best friends kept it from me for a week! I had every right to be angry.
Zayn: (pained) So... nothing else?
Harry: What? Ofcourse not you moron! (Hugs both of them again) You guys are perfect for eachother. ( let's go of Liam and hugs Zayn alone) I was just hurt you didn't tell me sooner Zee...
Zayn: (eyes glistening; a sob escaping his lips that he masks with a cough). M'sorry.
Liam: (feeling extremely sorry for Zayn; noticed the sob; rubs Zayn's hand soothingly).
Harry: (still hugging Zayn from behind; presses a small kiss on his head; releases him) Alright mates. I gotta go home soon today. Pete's introducing me to Laila. (To Liam) Take him to the restaurant. If I find out you didn't, I'm sure you'll be facing my wrath.
Liam: (trying to lighten the situation; sarcastic) Wow look at me. I'm so scared I'm trembling.
Harry: (points a finger menacingly but everyone knows he's joking) I mean it Payno.
Liam: (rolls his eyes) Whatever Styles.
Harry: (tries to give him a stern look but ends up smirking) See ya. (Waves to the three of them and leaves).
Niall: (feeling awkward as hell). Um...
Liam: (tries to comfort Zayn) Zee... (places his hand on Zayn's).
Zayn: (yanks it away and stands up) Don't touch me! (Runs).
Liam: Zee! (gets up to follow him).
Niall: (stops him) No Li just... give him some space...
Liam: (heavy sigh; his own eyes watery; shakes his head).
Niall: (quickly moves to sit beside Liam) Hey... he just needs some time okay...
Liam: (voice shaky) It's just... so hard.
Niall: (quickly hugs; it's been like 2 months since they've hugged) I know... But you should know it's hard for Zayn too...
Liam: (nods) I know... He's probably curled up in some bathroom stall, crying his eyes out (sniffles) My poor baby...

And he was... curled up in a bathroom stall, crying, wanting nothing more than Harry to hold him...

🎗🎗🎗

At Harry's house:

Harry: Well other than the fact that she kept calling me son, I think she is perfect for my uncle.
Louis: (laughs) She sounds nice.
Harry: Yeah... I'm sure Pete's head over heels for her. I wouldn't be surprised if she moves in when I'm away or something.
Louis: (laughs) No way. Peter would always ask you first.
Harry: I know I know... (sighs) that's why sometimes I can't help but think that I'm intruding or something. If I wasn't here maybe they'd be having kids by now.
Louis: (frowns) Harry... you're not intruding. He loves you. You living with him... (motions around the house) This is what he wants Haz... I bet he wouldn't have it any other way...
Harry: (smiles) Thank you for the therapy session. How do I pay you? Do you accept cash?
Louis: (leans in; cheeky) Well you could always pay with other things.
Harry: (eyes widen a bit before he bursts laughing) Oh Lou! When did you get so dirty?
Louis: (bites his lip; smiling at him.)
Harry: (pinches Louis' cheek) You're so cute and tiny... I wanna fold you and put you in my pocket. And you'd be my tiny pocket therapist.
Louis: (blurts) I wanna take you out.
Harry: (eyes widen) W-what?
Louis: (biting the inside of his cheek; Fuck it!) Let me take you out.
Harry: (still in shock; shakes his head frantically) Lou-
Louis: (places his hand on Harry's; trying to convince) It's just hanging out. Please Harry....
Harry: (biting his lip; looking at Louis) Like friends?
Louis: (feels a pang in his chest; looks away; small) Yeah... just as... friends.
Harry: (shaking him) Just two friends having a normal time right? (Louis doesn't respond) Lou? (Shakes him).
Louis: Haz... it's not-
Harry: (shakes him a little harshly) Right? Tell me Louis!
Louis: (cringes; 'Louis' ringing through his ears; closes his eyes; nails digging through his palm as he clenches his hands tightly) Yeah...
Harry: (not having it; shouts) Convince me Louis!
Louis: ('I love you Harry' he wants to scream those words out loud till his lungs could take no more... but decides against it. Harry wasn't ready yet. And Louis would never put him in an uncomfortable situation. Now he feels angry at himself for slipping. But he wanted to show Harry how beautiful he was. And how he deserved everything even though he firmly believed otherwise... And at that moment he decided. He's going to make Harry see it. He's going to make Harry happy. He's going to make Harry love himself, just as much as Louis loves him; so he takes a deep breath and instead of confessing his love, he says) Yes Harold. Just as friends. Best friends.

And if that's what Harry wants then fine! Louis would mask his feelings eventhough it breaks him inside, put a goofy grin on his face and call Harry his friend. If that is what Harry wants, then Louis would be sure to give him just that...

️♥️♥️♥️

(A/N):

Who do you pity the most? Zayn, Liam or Louis?
Comment below;)

Hope you like the story so far💚💙