Chapter 53

❣❣❣Fire and Ice hit 10K reads!!! I'm over the moon! It's all because of you wonderful people. I love you guys so much. ❣❣❣

Harry: (walking home; eyes fall on Mr.Moore's house; sighs; looks ahead; confused) Zee?
Zayn: (sitting on Harry's porch; eyes red; looks up).
Harry: (gasps when he sees his state; rushes to confront him) Oh my God! Are y-
Zayn: (stands up; clear that he's nervous) We need to talk.
Harry: (gulps) Uh... okay?
Zayn: (takes a deep breath) I love you.
Harry: (eyes widen; tries to play it off) I-I know Z-
Zayn: No no no. I'm in love with you... I'm truly, madly, (walking closer to Harry) deeply in love with you.
Harry: (bites his lips; running his finger through his hair; looks down).
Zayn: (furrows his eyebrows) Y-You knew?
Harry: (sighs; nods slowly; looking at the ground).
Zayn: (realization strikes him) S-So y-you remembered that k-kiss... That's w-why you... were distant...
Harry: (nods guiltily; steps forward) Zee... I've known you since I was four... You've always been there for me... You're... (sighs) my best friend...
Zayn: (snorts; wipes his eyes; nodding) Okay... (lets out a breath) Okay... (looks at Harry; tries to smile but fails).
Harry: (emotional; guilty; raises his hand to comfort him) Zee-
Zayn: (takes a step back quickly; shakes his head and walks away).
Harry: (watching him sadly; walks into his house; head down).
Peter: (sitting in the sofa; eyeing Harry's drained out figure) Haz? Are you okay?
Harry: (almost up the stairs; opens his mouth to say something but his voice comes out shaky; clears his throat) Yeah... I'm fine.

🎗🎗🎗

Zayn's house:

Niall: (talkin about Zayn) Give him some time... He'll rethink his decision.
Liam: (sighs; distressed) I don't think so Ni...
Zayn: (walks in; face Crest-fallen and tear stained).
Liam: (alarmed; worried) Zee?
Zayn: (voice shaky) I told him... (runs up the stairs to his room; slams the door).
Niall and Liam: (gasp and look at eachother at the same time) Harry!
Liam: (down hearted) I-I'll check on Haz...
Niall: (nods) Yeah... I'll console Zee...
Liam: (gets up without making eye contact with Niall since he doesn't want him to know that he's hurting.)
Niall: (obviously see through; places a hand on Liam's shoulder comfortingly) Li... I'm sorry.
Liam: (gives a sad smile) It's okay Ni... (leaves).
Niall: (sighs; walks upstairs; takes a deep breath and enters the room) Zee? (Can see a lump under the bedsheet; sits next to him, slowly moving the sheet) Hey...
Zayn: (sniffles; his head poking out; wipes his eyes) Hi...
Niall: (sympathetic; softly) You wanna talk about it?
Zayn: (stays silent).
Niall: (slowly stroking his head; doesn't force anything).
Zayn: I just... It's hard you know...
Niall: (soft) I know...
Zayn: (sighs).
Niall: Maybe it wasn't meant to be...
Zayn: (raises his head) W-what?
Niall: (nervous; but says it nonetheless) You... with Harry.
Zayn: (anger evident on his face; huffs) Is that so? Who else do you reckon then? That slut? (Scoffs) He told me that Harry slept with him... (incredulous) can you believe?
Niall: (annoyed) Don't call him names. Louis is great. (Looks away) And... it is true... Harry told us at the cafeteria...
Zayn: (a few tear drops roll down his cheek; shakes his head) It's... It probably meant nothing.
Niall: (shakes his head) What if it did? (Hopeful) T-that would mean-
Zayn: (looks at him in disbelief) No way! (Sits up) There's no way Harry could be in love with (acts like barfing) Him!
Niall: (fed up) You know what Zayn? (Gets up) I suggest you stop being such a selfish prick and start being considerate of others.
Zayn: (desperate) You think I'm sitting here having fun!? I'm going through a really tough time!
Niall: (growls) You think I'm having fun? That psycho's been torturing me to- (cuts himself of; huffs) You think Liam's having fun? (Zayn looms down guiltily) Liam's feelings have been crushed Zayn! (Shakes his head) Do you think Harry's having fun? That poor kid's been scarred for life!
Zayn: (whimpers) Ni-
Niall: (Sighs) You know what? You lie in your bed and sulk all day. I'm gonna go. (Walks out).