Chapter 42

Louis: Come with me...
Harry: What?
Louis: To Doncaster.
Harry: (furrows his eyebrows) What about your sisters... and step dad?
Louis: (shrugs) I'll be staying at my Mom's house, alone... (looks at Harry) I could really use some company.
Harry: (excited but doesn't let it show).Uh... I must ask Pete.
Louis: He'll be okay with it if you're okay with it.
Harry: (scratches his neck;  reasoning) Well it's not like I have anything better to do here...
Louis: (smiles; nods excitedly).
Harry: Plus I need some time away from (motions around; referring to last night incident) All this...
Louis: (nods) Yup. And you could meet my sisters...
Harry: (nodding) Yeah! You could take me to that Doncaster Dome you were talking about.
Louis: And we could spend Christmas together!
Harry: And your birthday.
Louis: (smiles) And my birthday. (Bites his lip) So... you're coming?
Harry: (shrugs; trying to sound not too excited) I guess so.
Louis: Yay!! (Hugs Harry; very happy) Thank you...
Harry: (melts into the hug; sighs contently).

🎗🎗🎗

Harry: Do you have to leave?
Gemma: (packing her stuff) Aww... little Haz is sad (mock pouts; imitating Harry).
Harry: (throws a pillow) I'm serious!
Gemma: (hits her right in the face) Ouch! (Rubs it) See this is why I'm leaving.
Harry: (groans) Forget I even asked.
Gemma: (sighs; walks towards him; ruffles his hair) I don't wanna leave too... but my class starts tomorrow.
Harry: (pushes her hand away; crosses his arms).
Gemma: (smiles; wraps her arms around Harry; her cheek on Harry's head) I love you so much... I promise I'll be back as soon as I can.
Harry: (hugs her tightly emotional) I'll miss you...
Gemma: (sighs; places a kiss on Harry's hair; pulls away) All the best for the Renaissance. (Smirks) Well I know your competitive ass will win anyways.
Harry: (snorts) We'll have to see.
Gemma: We'll see. (Exhales deeply; looks around the room) Where's the guitar...
Harry: Um... (gets up from the bed; takes it from where he threw it earlier; dusts it; hands it to Gemma).
Gemma: (nostalgic; runs her fingers through the strings) It looks just like mom's.
Harry: It's the same model...
Gemma: (looks at Harry; hands him the guitar). Play for me.
Harry: (taken aback; struggling) Gem... you know I d-don't-
Gemma: (emotional) Please...
Harry: (also emotional; bites his lip; sighs; takes the guitar in his hand; looks at Gemma).
Gemma: (looking at him expectantly; sits on the bed).
Harry: (sits beside her; guitar on his lap; strums gently; tunes the guitar a bit; closes his eyes; takes a deep breath; starts strumming the tune that always played in his mind; that godawfully familiar tune which once brought a smile to his face, only brings tears now.)

(🎶Always by Frank Sinatra...🎶)

Gemma: (also triggered; hearing the song that your mother used to always sing to you even after years does really trigger you; sings along unconsciously)
🎶I'll be lovin' you, always
With a love that's true, always...
Harry: (looks up at her; eyes glistening; continues strumming).
Gemma: 🎶When the things you've planned need a helpin' hand
I will understand always, always
Days may not be fair, always
(Voice shaky) That's when I'll be there, always...
Harry: (let's out a breath; lets himself get completely immersed in the soulful voice of his sister, memories rushing through his mind like a bird let out of its cage).
Peter: (stands in the doorway; was in the hall when he heard the music and immediately made his way to the source; admiring the duo; also emotional).
Gemma: 🎶Not for just an hour, not for just a day
Not for just a year, but always (breaks at the verse; stops singing; awoken from her thoughts when she hears another voice; looks up).
Peter: 🎶Not for just a year, but always
Days may not be fair, always That's when I'll be there, always... (sits down beside the Gemma).
Gemma: (lays her head on her uncle's shoulder).
Peter: 🎶That's when I'll be there, always...
Gemma: (places her hand on Harry's thigh; squeezes it as a sign of reassurance).
Peter: 🎶Not for just an hour, not just a day
Not for just one year but always,
Always,
Always....
(Almost a whisper) All the time...
Harry: (stops strumming; eyes fall on the carving on his guitar; 'All the love, A&D' (Anne and Des); heavy sigh).
Gemma: (looks at Harry sympathetically; holds his hand; sad smile).
Harry: (eyes wet; looks at Peter).
Peter: (sad sigh; pulls both of them together into a melting embrace; whispers) All the time...

🎗🎗🎗

Niall's house:

Zayn: (frantic) What!?
Niall: (rolls his eyes) Zayn stop overreacting.
Zayn: (ignores Niall) You've known him for what? Three months? Now you wanna go away with him!?
Harry: (small) I'm not going away... it's just for a few days.
Zayn: (still frustrated) But why Harry? Why?
Harry: (small shrug; a small grin makes it's way to his face cause he knows he's gonna win this argument) Why not?
Zayn: (stuttering) Uh... I- (huffs in defeat; sighs) You leaving tonight?
Harry: (nods)
Niall: (gives Harry a side hug) Have fun mate! (Teases him) But not too much fun.
Harry: (winks playfully) I'll try.
Niall: (surprised laugh; hits his arm) You filthy!
Liam: (smiles) Bye Haz... Be safe.
Harry: (grins) Yes dad.
Liam: (rolls his eyes playfully; hugs him).
Zayn: (biting his lip; not really happy with the idea; anxiously waiting for Harry to come to him; He doesn't remember having any conversation with Harry since the party; thus he couldn't help but feel like Harry knows and is ignoring him.)
Harry: (pulls away from Liam; glances at Zayn; looks down while saying,) Uh... bye Zee (turns to leave).
Zayn: (wounded; quickly grabs Harry's hand).
Harry: (glances at his hand.)
Zayn: (let's go) Haz I-
Harry: (stares at Zayn).
Zayn: (nervous) Um... (scratches his neck; sheepish) Won't you... hug me goodbye? (Slightly spreads his arms).
Harry: (sighs; smiles a little; walks into his arms).
Zayn: (engulfs Harry; breathing in Harry's fragrance; exhales deeply) I'll miss you...
Harry: (bites his lip; tightens his grip; eyes closed.) Me too.
Zayn: (deep breath; voice shaky) I love you.
Harry: (eyes rip open, wide; sighs; pulls away) I know... (walks out; turns one last time; to all of them) Byee...
Niall: (waves enthusiastically (since he's, you know, captain Niall Horan).
Zayn: (watches Harry walk out the door down heartedly; sighs; turns to the lads; glum) So... what's the plan for tonight?
Niall: (shrugs; crunching his chips).
Zayn: (sighs; turns to Liam) What bout you?
Liam: (in front of the mirror; adjusting his hair) Uh... (turns to Zayn) Well I'm going out.
Zayn: (furrows his eyebrows) Going out? With whom?
Liam: (walking around the room; picks up his wallet) Oh... Jade. (Stuffs it into his pocket; walking out) Bye guys!
Zayn: (gets in the way) Whoa whoa whoa wait. (Incredulous) You're going on a date? With Jade?
Liam: Um.. yeah I guess.
Zayn: (crosses his arms; shakes his head in disbelief) Why?
Liam: (quotes Harry) Why not?
Niall: (let's out a laugh but quickly covers his mouth when Zayn glares).
Zayn: (to Liam) I just wanna know why... all of a sudden?
Liam: (sighs) I'm just tired.
Zayn: Of what?
Liam: (almost frustrated) Of everything! Of never being good enough... Of... of being just friends... (sighs shaking his head) I don't wanna be alone anymore. (Looks at Zayn who looks confused, then at Niall who looks worried) Bye guys. (Walks out).
Zayn: Liam! (Turns to Niall) What the fuck just happened?
Niall:  Well (trying to patch up, but failing; sighs) Zayn... I just... (puts his arm on Zayn's shoulder) sometimes, we think we want something... but it ends up in us losing the thing we needed all along ...
Zayn: (even more confused; blinks).
Niall: (sighs) Just... (points to his head) forget what you want... (points to his heart) and figure out what you need. (Squeezes his shoulder; walks away).
Zayn: (trying to figure out what Niall was trying to say; sighs in defeat) When did everyone become so confusing?

♥️♥️♥️

(A/N):

I'm sorry about the delay! My college started and I had no time...

Next chapter onwards it'll be almost completely just Larry.💙💚