File six

"Umm, sir, I hate to be a downer but, we have to finish the report," Izuku said while flipping through what information he had gathered and braking it down into piles of what to turn in and what would be a risk to have in the system. After a few moments of silence, the greenite sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose and shook his head, seams that the detective fell asleep on him. One part of izuku wanted to wake up the man due to how much paperwork they still had, but his somewhat sympathetic side wanted to let him sleep. It was a rare occasion for naomasa to fall asleep, let alone actually look at peace. A soft smile flowed onto izuku's face, a truly genuine one.

Izuku stood up from his seat and walked over to the coat rack in the office. He grabbed Naomasa's trenchcoat and walked back over to his boss. He then draped the coat over the man's back, careful as not to wake him. Naomasa almost seemed to relax further as the impromptu blanket laid over his body. The greenite went back to his paperwork, quietly cursing the occasional frustrating paper under his breath.

Izuku soon finished the pile of papers on his desk, and each page is done with perfection. He looked back to his boss only to find that the man was still sleeping. Izuku looked over to the clock on the wall and saw that it was five twenty-seven PM. He worked past office hours again, shaking his head lightly, he walked over to his boss and started to debate on how to wake the man up.

Izuku decided not to use his harsher options and opted to shake naomasa's shoulder. Izuku did so, earning a grunt from the detective. Izuku composed himself to give off his usual facade. "Sir, sorry to disturb you, but our shift has ended. We also need to discuss my enrollment with Nezu." the detective slowly lifted his head and stretched out before looking at the clock. "We better get going then. Sorry I conked out on you, kid." naomasa stood up and put his coat on and started to walk towards the door, izuku following suit.

"there's no need to apologize, sir. Oh, about nezu, I feel it is best if we leave out a majority of our information on what we know. Nezu is a smart man. He will be able to sort things out for himself, and telling him directly may let the traitor know we're onto them." naomasa nodded in agreement, it made sense to keep a majority of the information away from any of the staff or students. They could probably only trust a select few like nezu and toshinori. Speaking of which, naomasa would have to introduce izuku to him someday.

They both walked out of the station, giving the receptionist a quick goodbye. Izuku pulled out his notebook about halfway to UA and buried his head into it. Naomasa shot him a quick questioning look. The greenite just continued walking; his pace slightly quickened almost to the point of being noticeable. "DEKU!!" bakugo yelled from the other side of the street, Naomasa made a quiet "o." in understanding. Izuku stopped and pivoted on his foot, taking his notebook away from his face in the process. "yes, bakugo," he responded in a tone lacking emotion. Bakugo started to cross the street aggressively. "your gonna pay, you ass wipe. You think you can talk to me like that and walk away," bakugo boomed while cracking a few small explosions.

He grabbed izuku by the collar of his shirt. Izuku held his hand up at naomasa, stopping the detective from charging at bakugo. "your right; usually, I wouldn't snap at you, but you crossed a line katsuki." Bakugo growled, muttering a few curses " yeah, and you were right, inko was never pathetic. She was like a second mom to me and you, you killed her," Bakugo barked while tears started to prick his eyes, his grip slipping slightly. "You let her die, you should have died instead, nobody would miss a fucking quirkless bastard." those words struck a chord with Naomasa because you know what izuku is probably the best thing that ever happened to him.

"let go of him now." naomasa said, causing bakugo to ease his grip and whip his head to meet a stern gaze. "what the hell you want old man." izuku could sense the slight unease in bakugo's voice. The only reason izuku never really fought back was that this was how bakugo dealt with his emotions. "you heard me, let go of him." naomasa was starting to lose his patience with this kid. "why the hell would you care." bakugo tighten the grip on izuku's collar choking him slightly. Naomasa started to look furious, "because izuku is one of the most amazing people I've ever met, and I care about him," Bakugo laughed. "Deku, who the hell is this bastard." the greenite's breaths we're already slightly shallow, he had to get away from bakugo and fast. "that's none of your business bakugo." now that ticked off katsuki. He raised izuku a good foot in the air and threw him down onto the concrete.

Izuku landed sprawled out on the ground, still showing no weakness; he slowly shifted into a kneeling position. Bakugo just growled and stormed off while throwing them the middle finger. Naomasa walked over to him and offered a hand which izuku gladly accepted and pulled him up. Izuku brushed himself down and offered naomasa a rare small smile," thank you, sir." the detective gestured for them to start moving again. "no problem, but kid, who was that." The only thing Izuku hated about Naomasa was that he could never lie. He had to, at the very least, be vague. He and Bakugo had some history that he hoped never to bring up. "His names Bakugo Katsuki, we used to be friends until his quirk developed. After that, he was praised for his quirk and soon came to develop a superiority complex. Honestly, he's not a bad kid; you just have to see him in the right light, sir." naomasa nodded, "anyway, how do you suggest we go about nezu again."

"ah, we need only to address our suspicion, nezu will figure the rest out. We could have just enrolled me normally and skipped the meeting, but if nezu does take an interest in helping us, I will be able to have more chances to investigate. It will also give me an almost guaranteed spot in 1A, sir." naomasa hummed in agreement. Izuku looked at the detective in confusion for a second before going back to his typical stoic expression.

They both continued to walk for a while, talking about random subjects like baseball and ways to solve random things. After a few minutes, they reached the entrance to UA.

"I'm telling you, sir, if humans are the source of global warming, then all we have to do is have a purge. We will cut global warming and violence in half." naomasa shook his head and chuckled lightly at his student's antics. "oh, we're already at UA. Do you have the passes, sir?" izuku asked while fixing his hair, well more like attempting to. "yeah, I got em right..." naomasa patted down the intent amount pockets in his trenchcoat. " here," he finally finished while holding the up two visitor passes. He handed one to izuku, and they both walked in through the gates of UA.

Once they made it through, izuku stopped abruptly, causing naomasa to bump into him. "what's up, kid." he looked down to see whatever caused izuku to stop. The detective practically jumped when he locked eyes with a hobo caterpillar. "nezu's waiting for you in his office," the hobo said in a sluggish and bored tone. "Pss, kid, who is this guy" Naomasa asked his voice barely above a whisper. Izuku shook his head, "his name is Shota Aizawa, aka Eraserhead. His quirk eraser gives him the ability to erase someone's quirk by locking eyes with them; the effect ends once he blinks. He also has a soft spot for cats." izuku responded in an emotionless tone. Naomasa blinked twice at him. This was a lot more information than needed.

"We should get moving, sir, nezu tends to be somewhat impatient. Eraserhead, would you please show us to nezu's office" izuku's tone continued to be dead of any emotion. Aizawa sighed in annoyance and stood up and out of his sleeping bag. He motioned for the two to follow, and they did. 'interesting kid, he probably won't last long if he's having problems with U.A. This early. The exams aren't for three weeks.' Aizawa stopped outside of nezu's office. "here," he said lazily and walked off, leaving the two. "we can scratch him off the list," izuku commented once Aizawa was out of earshot. Naomasa gave him a questionable grunt," whys that." "his posture, he was relaxed and didn't show any signs of worry when I gave you his profile. He's to uncaring to be hiding something." izuku concluded, knocking on the door to the office. "now time for the hard part." he said, making naomasa form a sweatdrop on his forehead.

"come in"

-----------------------------------------------------/

Alright, I know, I took way to long to update. I don't really have an excuse besides being lazy and cosplaying aka the image above. Anyway hope you liked and as always like and comment.

See ya little readers