File ten

Izuku's legs moved into a front stance as he tightened the grip on his tie, knuckles beginning to turn wight. 'damn it, there's a girl stuck under the rubble I'm going to have to take a riskier route.' the one pointer tracked forward quickly getting closer to the girl. Izuku gritted his teeth and ran ahead as if his life depended on it...well it actually did at the moment. Getting up close to it, he jumped onto one of the spinning treads and used it to pull himself up. He then continued to climb up, holding into jagged pieces of metal as he went up, some being sharp enough to cut through his gloves and into the palm of his hand. Once he made it to the head of the robot, he unraveled his tie and strung it across the neck, pulling it up as hard as he could. At first, there was a little give, then parts started to pop off, and soon after one last pull, the head was pulled off. The zero pointer stayed standing for a few seconds as izuku caught his breath. The greenite looked down and realized something extremely significant. "how the freakin heck am I supposed to get down from here." he was around ten stories in the air. He couldn't just jump off.

His exit route was decided for him as the robot started to over backward, izuku took his tie and threaded it through some pieces of metal to hold him. He swung his body over to the front chest of the robot and bent his knees slightly, preparing for the impact as the robots fall sped up. As the robot made the final impact with the ground, izuku felt a searing pain shoot up through his legs; he choked down a scream of pure agony. Being complete drained of any remaining stamina, he collapsed onto his back and took in a long shaky breath. "AND THAT'S TIME LISTENERS," a small smirk made it onto izuku's face before he let the darkness consume him and blacked out.

The other contestants stared at him in aw, wondering how such a feat was achieved without any signs of quirk usage. As the commotion started to decrease, a short older lady made her way over to izuku and looked over his battered body before sighing "oh death me; you did a number on yourself, Sonny." realizing that he was out of stamina she called over two medical robots to take him to the infirmary. A girl with brown hair walked over to her with a slight limp "will he be okay" Recovery girl looked up to her with a smile "he's okay; he only sustained a few injuries that need to be treated right now. He's just exhausted." The brunette nodded and thanked her before exiting the testing sector.

Izuku cracked his eyes open, letting light pour into them, slowly gaining conciseness. He blinked a few times before taking note of his surroundings the stench of disinfectant struck his nose, making him crinkle it slightly. He went to sit up only to realize two things. One his back hurt like hell, and two naomasa was asleep in a chair next to his bed. The greenite blew out a huff of air before poking naomasa on the forehead. The man groaned and furrowed his eyebrows before opening his eyes. "hello, sir." naomasa locked eyes with izuku before practically jumping over to izuku and pulling him into a hug. Izuku wrapped an arm around him in return. "you gotta stop worrying me like that." izuku chuckled lightly." no promises, but how long was I out for, sir." naomasa released the hug and sat back down. "two hours, recovery girl healed you up the best she could." izuku gave him a look they urged him to carry on with more information. Naomasa slumped into the seat "you fractured both of your tibias, broke your right ankle, had multiple stress fractures in your left forearm, and somehow managed to dislocate two discs in your back" that explained the back pain then. Izuku hummed in response. " you're lucky you weren't paralyzed." Izuku just murmured again before sitting up and hopping out of bed despite his backs protest. "that's all fine and dandy, but we're going to be late for work, sir." naomasa glared at him "kid, no, you are resting today." the greenite grumbled slightly. "there's no changing your mind is there" naomasa smirked and replied with a quick "nope" making sure to pop the p.

The two walked out of the school and made their way home. Izuku had moved in with the detective around a week after Naomasa gained guardianship of him. "how you think you did, kid" izuku hummed for a second thinking over his actions. He had gathered a total of forty-three points in the exam which was enough to get him into the hero course judging by the past year's scores, but then he had to consider his stunt, it would either make him or break him. "in truth, sir, I have no idea it all depends on what the judges were looking for. I was reckless in my final actions and severely injured myself. They may take away points for the fact that I committed one of the worst ways to win, self-sacrifice." Naomasa nodded, understanding the kid's position, but there was also the other side of those beliefs; most people saw self sacrifice a heroic thing, not a terrible idea. Knowing UA, they typically had the second impression. "still , kid, you gotta remember that your 'stunt' is also considered as one of the most heroic actions for a hero, and one of the main traits UA looks for. Your thinking too rationally; don't worry about it too much" naomasa ruffled the greenite's hair. Izuku will swear up and down that he does that just to bug him. A smile stretched across naomasa's face as izuku tried to fix his hair.

They both made it home after a few minutes of walking with there occasional back and forth bickering. Naomasa stopped in front of the door and let out a long exasperated sigh. "You forgot what pocket you put the keys in didn't you, sir" letting out a nervous chuckle Naomasa started to pat down his trench coat going through each pocket. After a minute or two, Izuku gave up on the detective and pulled out a bobby pin from somewhere in his hair and took off the two round knobs at the front of it before breaking it in half. He made his way to the doorknob and started to pick it. A smirked formed on izuku's lips as a click made it known that the door was unlocked. "found it" izuku turned around to see naomasa holding up the keys. "they were in your pants pocket weren't they" izuku practically deadpanned while opening the door. "yeah...wait how did you learn how to pick locks" izuku shrugged while walking into the house and taking his shoes off. "beats me, I picked it up a while ago from HeroTube, there's a tutorial for practically anything on there." as izuku set his backpack on the floor next to his shoes his mood seemed to drop becoming bleaker "sir, it's probably time I tell you what actually happened in that cafe" naomasa stopped in his tracks and his smile dropped.

The two went over to the couch and sat down next to each other, izuku laying his head on the man's shoulder. " I don't know how I'm supposed to say this, so I'll be blunt; you shouldn't be here." izuku's voice was quiet and forced like the very sentence was tearing him apart. Naomasa's eyes widened slightly, and his eyebrows knitted themselves together in concern. He couldn't help but wonder what kind of future izuku had witnessed. "that bullet was supposed to have gone through your heart" izuku had become slightly choked up as he held back tears, even if it never happened he still saw it. After all, Naomasa was the first person who izuku had fully trusted, and he was almost like a father to him. Naomasa wrapped his arm around izuku trying to provide some sort of a reminder that he was still here, that everything would be ok. "Kid, listen to me, yes I could have died, but I didn't, I'm still here you saved me. And I promise you that I will never leave you" izuku turned his head to meet naomasa's eyes. "thank you." was all izuku could manage as he turned and hugged naomasa who instantly returned it. "oh, and about the exam, I may have used a giant minigun to destroy the robots" "you did what"

--------//////-----/////-------////--/:://///---/-

Welp it's officially confirmed Izuku had claimed Naomasa as his dad hehe time to add the dadmasa tag. Saturday I have a debate competition so wish me luck, and as always vote, comment and I'll see y'all later little readers.