file twenty-one

Toshinori sat in the teacher's lounge, his leg subconsciously bouncing with anxiety as he waited for his green-headed student to enter. He had actually taken the boy's advice today and saved up his hero form allowing him to teach the earlier class without pushing his limit, and as much as he wanted to deny it, the usual pain in his side was gone allowing him to think clearly. But him thinking clearly wasn't the best thing at the moment. He rehearsed the lines he had settled on over and over in his head, but he still wasn't prepared for such a thing. How could he ask a kid like izuku such an impossibly important question? The boy was quick, reliable, intelligent, and above all, he thought like a hero. He was someone that could carry the torch Toshinori needed to pass down. The boy wouldn't crumble with pressure or go power crazy like most; he would carry out the duties as required. He was the only option Toshinori had left since mirio turned him down, saying that he needed to use his own power to truly accept himself as a hero.

Toshinori stiffened as the door was hit with three evenly spaced and sharp knocks signaling that his student was there. He cleared his throat and gave an almost steady "come in." in the few seconds that he had before the boy made his way in, he composed himself to give off his usual heroic aura despite his current form. The greenite opened the door in one fluid motion without a single creak. If it weren't for his notable seriousness, he would have lacked a presence. "You wanted to see me about something" it was a statement, not a question. Toshinori nodded and signaled for the boy to take the seat across from him. Izuku accepted closing the door to the lounge and making his way over and sitting with a straight and proper posture that couldn't be too comfortable. The hero had to remind himself that izuku was not, in fact, Murai before starting.

"Izuku, we are both aware that you know of my current state, but do you understand what my Quirk actually is?" Izuku furrowed his eyebrows and laced his fingers together in thought. Despite his years of research, he could never find any solid facts about Allmight's quirk. Yes, he had been able to find out about All For One, but in comparison, that was a simple task. The closest thing he was able to gather was a line of people with similar strength enhancement quirks, including Nana Shimura. "No, unfortunately, I do not," there was a small pause of silence as izuku waited for the man to gather his thoughts into words. "The reason for that is my quirk is a torch passed down from one user to another building stronger with each owner. It is known as One for all. This quirk has been kept as a secret with only a select few knowing of its very existence." Izuku made a mental note not to trust this man with any life-threatening secrets. "I fail to understand why you are telling me this if it is such an important matter."

"The reason I'm telling you if this is because I would like to make you my successor" izuku froze, was this man a complete idiot. He barely even met izuku, and yet he was asking him to become the next symbol of peace. It was a completely irrational decision, great he was starting to sound like Aizawa. Izuku made eye contact with toshinori, "I'm sorry, but I currently cant accept." Toshinori tried his best not to look crestfallen, but izuku still noticed. "But, that doesn't mean that I wont eventually. I'll take you up on the offer if I place in the top three of the sports festival." Izuku stood up and offered a small smile to the man "anyway, I better get back to class before Aizawa gets on my case," with a slight nod from toshinori izuku left the lounge leaving the skeletal man alone again. He slumped into the couch satisfied with his decision "I have no doubt you will".

__________________________________________________________________________________

I don't really have much to put here, but thank y'all for 40k reads it means a lot to see that people enjoy my crap XD. Anyway see ya later little readers.

The detective's aceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें