File Thirty-four

"NOW THAT WE'RE DONE TO OUR REMAINING FORTY STUDENTS WHAT EVENT WILL THEY GO THROUGH NEXT."

Midnight let out a huff of annoyment at Mic for stealing part of her lines before signaling the screen to spin through its lottery system to find an event. As it spun, the contestants were on their toes with excitement discussing amongst themselves what the round could be.

Izuku blinked twice before rubbing his eyes; he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Right in the middle of the board, we're three words, 'The Hunger Games.' He had read the old pre-quirk series as a book assignment back in Jr.high. He had never been too fond of it though due to the repetitiveness and predictability, but it was a rather exciting idea.

Midnight stood agape for a second before composing her self. Apparently, Nezu had decided to keep the events to himself and didn't inform the staff of his choices; it was rather evident that there was no randomness to the events what so ever. Midnight cleared her throat before she started on the rules.

"Cementos and a few pros will set up a multi terrane area once I have explained the rules. you will stay in an area fifty feet away from the center where mock weapons will be, such as paintball guns, rubber knives or swords, and bow and arrows."

"once you lot are told the game has started, you will be given one minute to grab any weapons or materials from the center. After that minute is up, you will have another two minutes to make teams of two and find places to hide. you will then be allowed to hunt down your opponents and eliminate them until eight teams are remaining out of the twenty starting teams."

"When you are attacking your opponents, please refrain from any real life-threatening damage to them. You will be given wrist bands that will be able to sense where you are hit and by what keeping a log of your health. by double-tapping the band, it will display your health to you. when you inflict damage to a person or eliminate them, you will be awarded points that can be used at stations set up around the area to buy materials or weapons."

"once you have died, you must leave the area and go to a small building located slightly away from the center of the map; your wristbands will display a map for you to find it. Once you are in the building, you will be allowed to sponsor a player by either sending them the remaining points that you earned or by using your points to send them a specific item."

Once the rules were stated, the classes made their way to roam the festival since the set up would take an hour or so. Izuku sat on a bench under a tree away from the chaos of the festival and pondered to himself. Mineta had been allowed to participate with class 1-A on a trial basis only, which would grant him cases back into the school if he was able to place in the top twenty, which obviously didn't happen.

Izuku switched his mind to the more concerning matters of who he would team up with. He didn't precisely have any people in his class that he felt like teaming up with. The classmates remaining either had a grudge against him or wouldn't work well together on a team due to quirk correlation. He would probably be best teaming up with somebody from the support department since, for one, they didn't have anything to hold against him, and two the support department was allowed to use the gear they made, which would be extremely helpful in a scenario like this one.

The greenite stood up and stretched out his shoulders, receiving a few pops in response. He was about to go and walk to a near vending machine to get water but stopped mid-track as he heard a police radio going off with a Y93.D1 and a frustrated cry of "what the hell is a Y93.D1" Izuku shook his head in exasperation as Naomasa rounded the corner and came into view, it was a rather strange sight to see him in a standard uniform without his trench coat "injury from knitting or crocheting, but what you should be asking sir is why are you getting ICD-10 codes."

Naomasa paused for a second, "I'm getting messed with, aren't I" Izuku nodded, "yup, probably some bored kid that got ahold of a HAM radio." Naomasa cocked an eyebrow, "I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you know this from experience." Izuku shrugged, "messing with police radios, yes. The Y93.D1, on the other hand, that's a different story." Izuku earned a laugh in response before he started to continue walking. "anyway sir, I better let you get back to that knitting injury. well, that and I have a crazed support course first year I need to bug." Izuku gave a mock two-finger salute. "wait, kid" there was a small bit of silence before he continued, "good luck, I would say break a leg, but you might take that literally." Izuku softly snorted as he shook his head, "thanks."

-
Finding said crazed support course first year was surprisingly easy; she was sitting at a table close to the area reserved for pro heroes working on what appeared to be some sort of vertical maneuvering equipment. the excitement in her eyes didn't seem to leave as she moved her goggles onto the top of her head as she noticed him approaching. "Your that hero course kid everyone's been talking about. I have no doubt that if we teamed up, you would really help show off my babies. Then again, you are rather plain a hard to market, but what you lack in looks you make up for in skills and showmanship." as she rambled, Izuku halfway wondered this was how it felt to people when did the same thing.

he was forced out of his thoughts when the pink-haired girl appeared a few millimeters from his face and poked him in the forehead. "you rather quiet, aren't you?" Izuku took a step back to retain some amount of personal space before speaking. "that is definitely a false accusation, it seems you have already made up your mind, but I was in fact going inquire about forming a team with you for the next event." the girl nodded aggressively and bounced back to her table and reached into a pocket of her backpack pulling out a tailors tape measure. Izuku sighed as she bounced back to him with a look that could only mean that she was about to get to work.

Izuku just froze, which was against his primary instinct of running away as he was manipulated into many awkward positions. He resisted glaring at the girl as she moved behind him to measure his torso, "just to be certain my answer is yes, I'd be stupid to pass you up" Izuku nodded, he would have preferred to shake her hand, but that wasn't going to be a possibility since his gloves were confiscated. "oh, I completely forgot about introductions, the names Hatsume and your Midoriya right?" Izuku chuckled slightly, "just call me Izuku."

.. ..-. / --- .--. .--. --- .-. - ..- -. .. - -.-- / -.. --- . ... -. .----. - / -.- -. --- -.-. -.- --..-- / -... ..- .. .-.. -.. / .- / -.. --- --- .-. .-.-.-

wassup y'all sorry i took so log to update ive been busy with work. i hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and ill see y'all later little readers.