File fourteen

Fatigue was never a pleasant feeling to wake up to, and it reminded him of events that would preferably be forgotten. He cracked his eyes open, taking in a soon to be familiar blinding white and smell of high-quality disinfectant. "its the first day and your already a regular," the annoyed voice sounded, recovery girl his mind quickly supplied to him. There was something in her voice other than annoyance that he couldn't quite find a word for. Pity? No, it couldn't be; her voice lacked the sorrow needed. Ah, it was sympathy an emotion that izuku was not too familiar with. "well, you better get used to it, I'm not exactly the most cautious person" the lightheartedness of the terrible attempt at a joke was ruined by the dryness in his throat which prevented him from giving his usual amount of sarcasm. Recovery girl lightly snorted, "I don't doubt it" the heroin stopped for a second, thinking, "you remind me a lot of another reckless man I know" the words where slightly hushed but still there.

"Still," the medic schooled her looks, taking in a more severe manner. "You need to stop overusing your quirk, and your quirk isn't... normal for lack of better words. It's completely unlike any physical enhancement quirk I've seen. Rather than being something that spreads through your body, it's tied to your brain." Izuku made his way to a sitting position with little to no effort "so, what your saying is that I could be possibly giving myself either brain damage or pushing my conscious out of my body per se and eventually winding up in a coma" Recovery Girl nodded slightly surprised at the information he had spit out like it was nothing. "Exactly," she made her way over to a filing cabinet and opened it, and started to shift through Manila envelopes. "I've already emailed Naomasa with my findings and told him to make sure you don't keep abusing your quirk" izuku quietly sucked in a wince; he definitely had something coming for him. That something was probably just an overly worried slightly sleep-deprived and overworked detective, but it was something none of the less.

"By the way, how long was I out" oh dear, that was at least the third time he's said that. Recovery Girl pulled back the sleeve on her lab coat to check her watch. "Around three hours school just got out twenty minutes ago" izuku nodded, stopping mid-motion he realized something "gah, I'm late for work" Recovery Girl shot him a skeptical look and huffed "get going then I don't need you in here for anything else" he gave her a quick "thank you" and gabbed his backpack before running out the door. Clicking her tongue recovery girl got back to work preparing for the soon to come injuries.

As he ran through the crowds, izuku pulled out his phone and started to text practically the only number on his phone, telling naomasa that he should be at the station in a few minutes. After receiving an ok, he pocketed his phone and went into a full sprint.

Leaning against the door to the station, he stopped to catch his breath slowly breathing, threw his mouth to slow his breathing to an average pace. He pushed himself off of the wall and walked into the station, making sure to greet the receptionist and retrieve a file Sansa sent to him. izuku put the Manila envelope under his arm and walked to Naomasa's office. As usual, he gave three steady knocks on the door and was told to come in.

izuku blinked twice at the sight in front of him, naomasa looked half dead and had three towering stacks of paperwork spread out on his desk. "what happened here?" izuku asked while taking a seat and moving a stack of papers to the side so he could make eye contact with naomasa. "turns out that there was a small drug ring involved with the league a few months back. Long story short, we have to track them down" izuku shook his head slightly "by we you mean me. You've already been at this for a few hours, take a nap or something." naomasa opened his mouth to protest but was immediately cut off "Sir, you're overworking yourself" naomasa huffed in defeat "just, don't do anything too stupid" he stood up with grunt and stretched slightly, "and I mean it, no kidnapping mercenaries or shooting stuff with a minigun." izuku rubbed the back of his neck "sheesh you do something like that one time; still I can't promise anything" letting out a soft chuckle the detective ruffled the greenite's hair before walking out the door "if ya need anything I'll be in the break room" izuku nodded as naomasa closed the door.

"all right let's get this over with"

------------9090-9-133828721091890-0-0-0=10-2-297901704////30)

and yeeeeeeet another chapter down boys, and as usual you can ask me anything ya want in the comments. also if you guys ever need help with anything or need someone to rant to feel free to message me and I'll try my best :) oh, one more thing i hate to ask this but if anyone would like to draw or make a cover for detectives ace i would really really appreciate it. anyway see ya latter little readers.