File Twenty-nine

Izuku had finally been allowed to go back to UA, so he was currently in his homeroom class. This morning he had been ecstatic to get back to work eventually, but now, to put it frankly, he wanted to slam his head into his desk. The greenite knew that the other occupants were already hesitant of him, but this was indeed an extreme. Those who had desks next to him had inched off so that there was an arm's length gap between them. Izuku could feel the gazes that locked onto him and the fear that flowed through them every time he so much as let out a breath. Still, what truly bothered him was the fact that even Aizawa refused to look at him. It wasn't out of fear like the rest, and it was merely out of an irrational embarrassment.

Izuku sighed ever so slightly as Aizawa started to explain the next events to come, more specifically, the sports festival. As Izuku had theorized earlier, the festival was still going to be held, and broadcast live. Nevertheless, instead of anyone being allowed to attend, it was narrowed down to those who were friends or relatives of those competing. Due to concerns of the chief of police, security would be upped by having multiple pro heroes patrolling the grounds. In izuku's opinion, they should off refused to broadcast the students since it would allow anyone with half a brain to be able to analyze not just the students but the abilities of the teachers as well. Nezu has never been one to think rationally, though, so that idea was probably immediately thrown out the window. Izuku blinked twice at himself; he was really starting to sound like Aizawa. Long story short, the students would be allowed two weeks with no class and would still be granted access to all UA training facilities for preparation. Izuku was definitely not happy since he had just been on practically house arrest for the past couple weeks, but on the bright side, it would give him a chance to modify a few things and train.

With the sound of the bell, Aizawa excused the class to their two weeks of 'training,' izuku was sure that at least half of them would just use it as a vacation. Izuku grabbed his backpack from next to his chair a swung it over his shoulder, ignoring the slight pain that made him realize that his shoulder still hadn't healed completely. All things considered, his shoulder would probably be unable to function normally for a while. His shoulder would occasionally lock upon him or refuse to rotate fully; it was nothing major, though. Izuku started to make his way out the door, only to be called by Aizawa to speak with him for a minute. Izuku nodded and turned around to face the man, "what is it, sensei" the man still refused to look him in the eye. "A few of the teachers need to speak to you in the teacher's lounge, myself included" izuku nodded and waited for Aizawa to collect his papers before the two started on their way to the teacher's lounge.

Izuku started to fidget with the strap on his glove, and his mind filled with questions as Aizawa opened the door to the lounge. Had he been expelled? Had his cover been blown? Had they found the traitor and deemed him useless? The greenite schooled his expression into something that was blank and cold. Inside the room was Yagi, Nezu, Present mic, Cementos, and Midnight. Izuku quickly noted that they were the staff running the festival.

Nezu motioned for the boy to sit, and Izuku obeyed, "Izuku," the principal greeted with his typical overly sweet tone that indicated he wanted something. "Nezu" izuku made sure to keep his voice icy and let a thick fog of tension form. The staff seemed to either freeze in their chairs or took a step back as the two intellectuals had a silent argument to determine who was superior. They both made eye contact and refused to look away; their gazes were cold and calculating. Izuku knew that as foolish as it was, it would determine the outcome of the discussion they were about to take. After a few minutes, Nezu started to become frustrated, and Izuku internally smirked, not daring to show any emotion in fear of losing. Nezu finally gave under izukus gaze and bowed his head, letting out a sigh of disappointment.

"Izuku, the staff has been worried about your participation in the festival." Izuku cocked an eyebrow at the bear-mouse-hybrid. "What exactly do you mean" Nezu pulled a file out from a nearby drawer and handed it to the boy. "To put it bluntly, we don't want you to compete." This was a rather unexpected outcome for sure, "do you mind elaborating on that." Izuku opened the file to see that it was merely a collection of data on himself. "Izuku, your abilities are near pro level, you were able to take down a Nomu designed to defeat the symbol of peace. Frankly, I fear you wouldn't give the first years a chance to make an impression." Izuku narrowed his gaze "Nezu, you have to understand that when I did defeat the Nomu, I was relying heavily on support gear. If you were to take away that gear, I would be at or quite possibly below the level of the first years. And while yes I am more experienced in hand to hand combat I'm at a severe disadvantage with my quirk." Nezu nodded in understanding. " still your years of experience make up for that disadvantage" izuku clasped his hands together "do you not realize that I am weak Nezu, I am practically quirkless in a tournament style fight" Nezu leaned forward " but your quirk wouldn't it allow you to, well you know" izuku's patience was starting to wear thin, Nezu was implying that his quirk would let him cheat per se through the stages. "I hope that For a man with your caliber of intelligence, you realize how incredibly stupid that statement is. There are severe consequences for me even to attempt that, obviously you aren't going to have a civil conversation, so I bid you a good day."

------_______-------______---------______-------______---------______-------______-------______----------

New chapter boisssss and I'm running out of pics eeee. anyway hope y'all enjoyed and ill see ya later little readers.