File Thirty-one

Izuku whistled softly to himself, it was a tune that was reasonably familiar, but he could never place what song it was from. He grabbed his phone from the desk next to his bed to check the time. He cut his whistling, and his eyebrows narrowed in slight annoyance, it was four in the morning, and he still had three hours till the UA sports festival.

Izuku had spent he last two weeks training in preparation and had filled two notebooks with strategies for if he made it to the tournament-style combat matches. He also got a call from Nezu saying that he wasn't allowed to wear his gloves during the contests since they were considered a quirk support item, and the deadline to register had long since past, which was going to be a pain in the neck.

Izuku ran his hand through his hair in a failed attempt to move some of the curly strands that obstructed his vision. He lightly shook his head and stood up; he might as well get going after all Aizawa was starting to expect him to arrive to class a few hours earlier than necessary, considering he had made a habit of it.

After he had gotten ready, the greenite made sure to grab an extra notebook since he would have a chance to analyze more students than just his classmates, though he did still need to get analytics on Todoroki. The duel haired teen had yet to show the true capabilities of his quirk or more accurately refused to.

After putting his shoes on, Izuku threw his backpack onto one shoulder and started out the door. A soft smile made its way onto his face as he realized how barren the streets were at such an early hour. He started back up his whistling and zoned out slightly. He would only have so much time until the chaos of the festival; even though there were significant restrictions on who could attend, it would still be a densely packed event.

Izuku entered through the gates of UA at around five-thirty and let out a huff of air. The teachers wouldn't even be there for another thirty minutes meaning all the buildings were locked. While yes, he could just whip out a Bobbie pin and pick the locks that probably wouldn't end well, especially since he was momentarily at odds with Nezu. izuku decided to just sit against the door into the main campus and sleep. Hopefully, someone would wake him up rather than just pulling the door open. Then again, after he judo flipped Mic, Aizawa's been the only person who isn't afraid to wake him. izuku shut his eyes a faded off into sleep, catching up on the many hours he had missed, not that it would do him any good.
-
izuku felt a slight tap on the top of his head and flicked his eyes open rather quickly. He was met with a pair of tired black eyes that looked done with children's antics, yet there was some amusement hidden. "wake up problem child, I don't have all day" Izuku nodded lightly before standing up and moving away from the door as Aizawa unlocked it. The two walked through the halls of UA. Izuku mentally smiled, Aizawa had looked him in the eyes again. Hopefully, the man was finally starting to put the whole U.S.J. incident behind him.

"Izuku, not that I don't enjoy having you in my class all day, but why are you here this early...again" Izuku shrugged in response causing the man to shake his head out of exasperation as he unlocked the door to the classroom. "I'm used to waking up at early hours." The greenite walked over to his desk and sat down before pulling out one of his notebooks and scribbling down a list of his classmate's names and their likely hood of succeeding in not just the combat tournament but also five other contests that had a high possibility for being used as the first and second rounds.

Aizawa suddenly stopped typing out an email and turned to look at his student, "Izuku, I hope you wrote a speech for the festival." The boy in question silently cursed under his breath, "I wasn't informed of that being required, sensei." Aizawa shook his head in disbelief, "Nezu must have forgotten to tell you, I strongly suggest you get one ready." Izuku nodded and flipped his notebook onto a new page, letting him put pen to paper and jot down ideas.

He needed to say something that wouldn't just apply to the hero course. The other students tend to get looked over during the festival, which caused tension between them and the hero course. He didn't want to worsen that by making his speech hero-centric as many had done in the past.

The boy mouthed an o as a perfect idea came to him. He quickly scribbled it down and started on writing the format to it as a couple of early bird students shuffled into the classroom, including Iida, of course.

Once all the students had arrived and taken their seats, Aizawa started to go over the rules of the festival though albeit tiredly. There was to be no foul play, no life-threatening harm to other competitors, no support items that weren't registered, and absolutely no slacking off.

The class made their way to the waiting rooms located inside the school's tournament stadium with an unusual amount of energy. Izuku winced at the loudness of the civilians talking aimlessly and heroes looking to scout. As the class walked, there was still a prominent four-foot area around Izuku that no one dared to step in.

Once they were there, Izuku sat down onto a bench located in the back right corner and fished a Snow Peak Titanium Flask out from his backpack. Aizawa stared at him questingly as he took a swig of some somewhat bitter coffee. To avoid any suspicion of his drink being alcohol, he quickly grabbed another flask and tossed it to his teacher. Aizawa popped off the lid and sniffed it before hiding a smile under his capture gear.

It wasn't long before Aizawa was called up to the commentators stand, and class 1A was given their cue to enter the arena.

-----------------______-------_____-------------______------------______----------______----------_______-----^_^

I would like to apologize for the lack of updates, i was in an area with no reception for a while and was unable to post any chapters. i may be able to get another chapter done this week but sadly i won't be able to update next week as well due to the same reasons.

small question, what's your guy's favorite character in this fic so far?

anyway i hope you enjoyed and ill see y'all latter little readers.