File Twenty-six

"Sir, I can assure you I'm fine," izuku said, adjusting his blazer slightly as they walked out from the hospital. Naomasa softly shook his head, "your luck, they let you be released so quickly," "you mean I'm lucky that you let me be released and a week is not quick, do you realize the amount of paperwork I have to do now." Naomasa lightly smacked the back of izuku's head, "honestly, kid, you need to relax" izuku gave him a slight glare "you really don't have room to talk on that" naomasa let out a breathy chuckle "whatever ya say, kid."

Izuku stopped walking, causing naomasa to bump into him; the detective clumsily stopped himself from falling. Izuku muttered out a small apology as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a buzzing phone. He furrowed his brows together and answered it. "Yagi, what seems to be the problem" there was an underlying annoyance to his tone. Izuku could have sworn that he heard a snort coming from the background of toshinori's side of the call. "Oh, I can assure you there's nothing wrong. It's quite the opposite, really. If you could swing by the teacher lounge at U.A., there's someone I'd like for you to meet." Izuku blinked twice and received a cocked eyebrow from naomasa. "Yeah, I should be there in about fifteen minutes." "Excellent, I'll see you then." With that, izuku pocketed the phone and started to walk again. Naomasa hesitated for a second before following.

"What did Toshi want" izuku let out a small sigh. "I'm supposed to go to U.A.; apparently, there's someone he wants me to meet." Naomasa hummed in thought, there were very few people close to Toshi, but why exactly would he want izuku to meet one. More precisely, what would that benefit anyone? "Yeah, don't try to figure this one out. He's unpredictable as it is." The detective shook his head slightly "to true" for the rest of the distance; the two walked in a comfortable silence.

Izuku had never really been able to see eye to eye with Yagi. Now don't get Izuku wrong; he undoubtedly respects the man and will admit to admiring the things he has done to lower the crime rate. It's just the hero had always aspired to be a pillar, and yet he never took into consideration how that would affect society when he was no longer there to hold it above the darkness that it tried so hard not to fall into. In the end, with him gone, it would be a total collapse and will have plunged into that darkness, in turn, creating more until it spiraled out of control. Izuku had to stop himself from visibly shuddering at the thought. Naomasa gave him a concerned glance and gently squeezed his shoulder. The greenite smiled softly in response.

-----

Izuku stopped in front of the door to the teachers' lounge and made sure his tie was straight and not loose before he landed three solid, evenly spaced knocks on the door. Izuku was slightly annoyed at the sound his gloves made as he opened the after being told to come in. He would have to remember to try something akin to artist gloves if he ever had to do stealth. Izuku closed the door behind him, naomasa had insisted that he'd go and get some errands done while izuku met with Yagi. Hopefully, the greenite wouldn't do anything too stupid now since he didn't have anyone to bail him out.

Once izuku made it in, he took note of the man sitting next to Yagi. He sat with such perfect posture that it made izukus back hurt, just looking at him. His legs were crossed, and his fingers were laced together. Then there was that stare that seemed to look right through you and judge you at the same time. For a second, Izuku wondered if people he analyzed felt the same pressure from him but quickly dismissed this as he had always made sure to suppress his aura. Izuku racked his brain for some sort of profile on this green and yellowed haired man. Luckily before he missed any social cues, he remembered that the man in front of him was no other than Mirai Sasaki, Allmight's only known sidekick. His quirk had never been reviled to the public, and as much as Izuku didn't want to admit it, he didn't know either.

Izuku closed the door behind him. "Yagi, as much as I do enjoy a good mystery, would you mind introducing me" toshinori cleared his throat in mild embarrassment "of course, uhh, izuku, this is Mirai Sasaki, my old sidekick. His quirk is rather similar to yours, and I figured since your issues are currently life-threatening, it would be good if you could have some help figuring it out." Izuku nodded in acknowledgment before bowing at his usual ninety-degree angle with one hand behind his back in a military-like fashion, "Thank you." Nighteye's glare did not subside "don't thank me yet" these words would usually be used jokingly, but he somehow gave them an ominous tone.

"Toshinori, if you'll excuse us, I would like to speak to Midoriya" Izuku clenched his teeth at the use of his surname. Yagi quickly obliged and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him, leaving the two alone. A part of izuku wished that he hadn't left because the room seemed to drop ten degrees cooler, creating a sense to shiver that izuku chose to ignore. Nighteye dropped his head letting shadows fall onto his face "so, your the one allmight chose to be his successor" izuku furrowed his brows together in confusion, what had that blond idiot told him? "In a way," that response seemed to have momentarily puzzled him. "Tell me, what exactly makes you think your so much more qualified than Mirio" oh, so that was what this was about. Izuku hesitated for a second so he could speak appropriately for his words. "Sasaki, let me make one thing clear, I am in no way the successor you think I am. My purpose is not to become the next allmight, and I would never be able to become the next pillar this society needs to stay upright. However, what I am supposed to do is finish off what he couldn't. I am going to be the successor that stops the cycle of One For All."

Nighteye was silent at izuku's words as he seemed to try to comprehend what was just said. He wrung his hands together before speaking "I see, if that is truly what you believe Midoriya then I must apologize for my earlier behavior" Izuku let himself relax slightly "it's perfectly fine and please, call me Izuku" nighteye nodded a small shadow of a smile gracing his features. "Then likewise, call me Mirai" Izuku nodded and silently tested the name mouthing it.

Mirai cleared his throat and uncrossed his legs. "I've heard the basics of your quirk from Toshinori, but what exactly is life-threatening." Izuku absentmindedly fiddled with the flap on his glove "there are two main factors, the first is me looking too far into the future. I've theorized that it has something to do with the fact that my conscience is being more or less separated from my physical body resulting in my body being in a comatose like state. The problem with that is if I've been separated per se for too long, my breathing and heart rate, for example, will run slower and slower until possible they just stop. Second, is more or less an untested part of my quirk that allows me to see multiple possible realities. I don't know what happens, but I just blackout shortly after use."

Mirai's eyes widened, "what exactly do you mean by different realities and why is it untested" izuku physically stopped himself from fighting with his glove "its kinda like I can see the reality with the highest possibility of becoming a reality. A rough estimate would be around a ninety-seven or ninety-eight percent likely hood." Izuku let out a small sigh "the reason its untested is because I used to think that there was only one possible outcome and once I saw something it was set in stone, but recently I was able to diverse from one of the realities I saw, and that changes my way of thinking opening up the new aspect of my quirk. I think that my quirk relies on a mental barrier rather than a physical one, but I'm not quite sure."

Mirai cocked an eyebrow, "izuku, do you think you could swing by my agency after school so we can figure out your quirk." Izuku held up a finger and pulled out his phone, signaling the man to wait. "I can only do Tuesdays, the rest of the time i have to be at the precinct" the man nodded in understanding only to stop for a second and wonder why the heck a sixteen year old would be working at a police station. "Uhh, yeah that works, guess ill see you then." Izuku pocketed his phone, "anyway, i better get going and thank you again, hopefully now recovery girl won't be making me second guess everything." And with that, Izuku pivoted on his heel and left with a two-fingered salute.

Only once he made it into the hall and said his goodbyes to Yagi did he truly realize the mistake he had made. He had left Naomasa alone buying groceries Izuku started to sprint down the halls to the local market, while Naomasa may be a detective he was probably the most indecisive person you ever meet when shopping. In fact, Izuku wouldn't doubt that the man was standing in front of a shelf of coffee trying to decide what one was cheaper than second-guessing that decision.

!@#$%^*()^@#$%^*(^$@#$%^*()*^%%^*()^%$R$$%%%%$$%#$#!@!#@%#*#^%$^

Yo, I've finally gotten a new chapter done boyz. Anyway I don't really have much say so I guess ill see ya latter little readers.