File Thirty-two

The crowds cheering roared and echoed through the stadium as class 1A walked to the line ups. Izuku's un-gloved hands felt cold and bare as a slight breeze hit. The crowds yelling ceased as Midnight walked up onto her stage a snapped her whip. A few of the students begun to complain about how the R-rated hero was a wrong decision to watch over the first years, which was reasonable, but her quirk was very useful for preventing students from getting too out of hand e/g Bakugo Katstuki. She quickly gave an introduction to how the sports festival would be ran, and it wasn't very unlike the one Aizawa had given except for the fact that she actually held something other than boredom in her tone.

She announced Izuku as the first-year representative, and as she did so, Izuku made his way up to the stage next to her. As she was finishing up her announcements, he ran through the very simplistic and unfinished format he had made for his speech. It was a good thing he was used to improve, or else he would have made a fool of himself in front of a few million people.

"and here he is to give the representative's speech"

Izuku centered himself infront of the mic and took it off its stand making sure to use the long sleeves of his gym uniform to grab it rather than his hands before speaking.

"Here we are, the UA sports festival one of the most significant turning points in our lives, and I'll admit it like most of the participants here I'm scared.

I'm AFRAID of failing; I'm AFRAID that this will all be pointless"

izuku started adding more and more emotions into his words before pausing and softening his voice. "I'm scared of my own future" he paused again for a few seconds "but, that doesn't matter, you know why? It's because Being afraid of something that has NOT yet happened, and may NEVER happen, is POINTLESS."

"it's POINTLESS because it holds you back and prevents you from moving forward. What do you think is the number one reason the majority fail to live a life that they WANT TO LIVE?
What is the number one reason why people fail to succeed... at any level?

It's not luck.
It's not a lack of money or opportunity.
It's undoubtedly not circumstance.

It's FEAR."

"Fear is the greatest killer of dreams that ever roamed planet earth.
Fear is that voice inside you that says you can't.
The voice that gets louder and stronger every time you listen.
Every time you let fear dictate your decision, fear grows stronger. Fear grows BIGGER."

"Fear is the voice of average.
The voice of the settler.
Fear must die.
FEAR WILL DIE!"

"The only way you can change is to step right into your fear.
You must step right into your fear.
You must sum up all the courage inside you and do the thing you fear most."

"Failure may come. Your greatest fears may be realized."

"And that is why you go in with the attitude that you will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to conquer that fear."

Izuku turned around to face the stands behind him that were filled with the heroes looking to scout.

"and that's what all of us before you are doing TODAY. No matter what class we are, whether it's the support, business, General Studies, or the hero course, "

"No matter how many times we fail:
No matter how many times we get rejected, embarrassed, put down, out done...

WE WILL NOT GIVE UP!
WE WILL KEEP AT IT AND PUSH THROUGH OUR FEARS AND BREAK OUR LIMITS "

Izuku raised a fist into the air, "WE WILL GO BEYOND"

the students behind him raised their right fists up up with him.

"PLUSSSS ULTRAAA!!"

Izuku brought his fist back down and walked off the stage letting Midnight resume her expinations.

"now, that's the youthful spirit i like to see."

izuku breathed out a sigh once he was back into the line of classes where he could be away from any unwanted attention. He really did not expect his speech to go so well, considering he was going off of less than a flashcards worth of notes. He made sure to give his full attention to Midnight as she spun a wheel in a very 'wheel of fortune' style to decide the first event, and it landed after a minute of silence on American dodgeball.

Izuku hummed in thought while many contestants stared at the wheel in confusion on the specification of American rather than normal dodgeball. The mane differences between the two are that in the Japanese version of the game, you are only allowed to hit player below the neck with the ball; there is only one ball, unlike the American multi-ball fiasco. The most significant difference is that once a player has been hit, they can still participate by throwing whatever balls that go out of the court at the opposite team.

It was rather convenient how ideally suited Izuku's quirk was for this event; as long as he didn't overuse his quirk, it should be a relatively straightforward win.

-_-______________---------______------------______^_^-------______------______---------______------____

And that's a wrap, i think that i could of done better on the speech but ehhh. Anyway i wont be able to update next week but ill try to make it up to you when i can write again.

See y'all later little readers.