100k reads special

Hi, it's somewhat out of character for me to put my A/N first, but you all need an explanation for this chapter. Basically, I was just playing Red Dead and randomly thought, "what would happen if he didn't meet naomasa when he did," and well here we are. i never wright out a plan for my fics, so i apologize if future me did anything sad or killed off characters. if it isn't clear i do not trust myself at all, anyway without further adu, here we go.

------------------------------------------

Izuku let out a ragged and tired sigh as he started to walk under a bridge his fight with Bakugo still fresh in his mind. He was never able to understand what motivated the brash boy to act the way he had. It was almost like he perceived izuku as a threat, but that reasoning would never be an acceptable answer to either party. Izuku continued on his way home. His steps instead of forced and sluggish.

Izuku's steps stopped mid-track and hesitated for a second before he allowed the foot behind him to be dragged into place to let him stand. A potent stench crept its way into his nose, izuku had to force himself not to flinch at it. The boy brought his hand next to his pocket, ready to grab something out of it if there was a threat. The smell seemed to get stronger as izuku started to here a sloshing noise that was under him. Izuku estimated that he would have around five seconds to flee, given the possible villain's location. So that's what he did, izuku took off at a full sprint. The soles of his feet stung with the force he used, but he ignored it and kept running. He had already cleared the visual range when the villain launched itself from the sewage pipes.

Izuku only broke gate as he reached his apartment, the building was slowly crumbling, and the wooden stairs he took to reach room one-hundred-and- eight creaked under every step. At the same time, he completely ignored the handrail in fear of it being torn off due to the lack of remaining screws. Izuku reached the door to his apartment and opened the door with a loud squeak. He must have forgotten to lock his door, but then again, there wasn't much that was worth stealing. The only thing he could think of that possessed some value was his stacks of files containing analytics on heroes and villains alike, but nobody would take their time to actually look to see what they were. The greenite closed the door behind him and kicked off his shoes and set down his backpack that had somehow survived bakugos explosions.

Izuku walked over to his kitchen and started to boil the necessary amount of water for his coffee. He stood in practical silence as the only sound that dared to penetrate his apartment was the gas stove that let off an unpleasant smell of the fuel it used. A few years ago, izuku would have hated being alone, but now he couldn't care less. It had become routine such as every other aspect of his life. The kettle he'd been using to heat the water started to squeal slightly, signaling it was done. Izuku grabbed it by the handle, ignoring the unpleasant heat it produced and set onto his counter. He then grabbed a scoop of instant coffee and put it into a glass before pouring the water in. The steam flowed above the cup and into the room. After letting the coffee steep for a moment, izuku walked over to his desk coffee in hand and powered it on like he did almost every day. He quickly found the live stream for the channel seven news and thankfully didn't miss the start of the latest headline.

*local schoolboy attacked by sludge-like a villain*

Izuku knitted his eyebrows together and briefly wondered if he could have prevented the attack.

" a local middle student by the name of Bakugo Katsuki was attacked today by a ruthless villain that Allmight had been chasing earlier today. the villain appears to have a mutant quirk that changes his appearance to something sludgelike, but no official quirk is known."

izukus face remained emotionless, but he still clutched his fist around his mug but quickly relaxed it in fear of the ceramic breaking. The blond idiot must have tried to play hero and defeat the villain when he ran into him; after all, it was no secret that he had a superiority complex.