File twenty-seven

Izuku flopped on to the couch and let himself lay across it with his feet propped up. naomasa raised an eyebrow at him from the kitchen, taking slight attention away from his phone call. Out of pure boredom ever, izuku grabbed the controller to the TV and turned it on, muttering something along the lines of "let's see how the worlds ending today." After waiting through a few in testing commercials on things such as the yodeling pickle or sugar-free gummy bears. Seriously who buys sugar-free gummy bears, if you're going to eat a gummy, you need to commit sugar and all. Izuku proper his head up on his hand as the channel seven news came on with the headline of "Man Throws a Live Alligator Through a Drive-Thru Window." Izuku let out a half sigh half chuckle; it's genuinely a miracle that the cops in charge of the minor crimes were still sane. Well, scratch that Izuku still isn't sure if they're sane.

Izuku turned his attention over to naomasa as the man pocketed his phone and ran a hand through his hair. "what's up" naomasa gave a half glare that didn't hold any malice what so ever. "What's up, huh, well it turns out that someone failed to mention to me that they had accepted being a certain blond idiots successor." Izuku blinked twice out of surprise "in my defense you never asked, and I was unaware that you knew about his quirk" naomasa shook his head lightly and grabbed a cup of coffee off of the counter that was at least a few hours cold. "while that may be true, I have one question." izuku raised an eyebrow urging the man to continue. "how exactly did you pull off getting him and Sasaki to talk again" izuku narrowed his gaze slightly "I have no idea what your talking about, sir" naomasa walked over to the couch and pushed izukus feet onto the ground before sitting next to him. "oh come on, last time I checked those two wouldn't even look at each other much less meet up together." Izuku gave a humph in response before shifting his position slightly so he could lean on naomasa "fine, you win" naomasa smirked in victory

"I was researching a few things for the case last month and realized that Sir Nighteyes agency had ties to the not just the drug ring issue but the league as well. So, the logical depiction would be to sight up under his agency for the work-study program after the sports festival. But, we run into a couple of problems with that. The first being that he has been known to barely even look twice at a student and has only actually scouted one person. And the second main issue is that I'm rather impatient and didn't really feel like waiting a month or two only to fail." Naomasa chuckled lightly and went to drink out of his cup of coffee only for izuku to set a hand on the man's arm and shake his head "that cup has been sitting on the counter for over half of the day... don't just don't" naomasa sighed annoyance and set his cup down on the coffee table. "That explains why, but how exactly. Sasaki isn't exactly the most cooperative person." Izuku smirked at this "it's simple really, with someone like that you just manipulate them into thinking it's their own idea. All I did was give him a specific set of pop up ads and preset the feed on his phone and computer to get him to feel guilty about not talking to Yagi." Naomasa furrowed his brows together in a mix of confusion and concern. "In a more simplistic version, I gave him marriage counseling ads." Naomasa was now thankful that izuku stopped him from drinking the coffee because he would have done a spit take. Izuku blinked rather owlishly as the older of the two erupted into a fit of laughter.

izuku let a small smile grace his features, it was nice to see naomasa worry-free even if it was just for a moment. Still, as much as the greenite looked up to the man, he was a dork. A lovable dork, but a dork none of the less. Naomasa finally calmed down after a minute or two, "I'm ninety percent sure that falls under intellectual property violations" Izuku merely shrugged "it's only illegal if I get caught" naomasa ruffled the boy's hair and ignored the glare directed at him "were both cops" "as I said, it's only illegal if I get caught, and I highly doubt you would arrest me. now me arresting myself, on the other hand, is debatable, but that's only if I'd have a bounty on me" naomasa shook his head in exasperation "you're a piece of work." "fair enough."

__

Izuku was currently sitting on the side of his bed as he ran multiple thought processes through his head on how exactly the sports festival would go. To him, it seemed obvious that Nezu would keep the sports festival running despite the countless recommendations against it, but that might just be a good thing. If the public saw that UA was backing down, it would institute doubt in the faith society has on heroes, and if the next generation is capable or not. If society already doubted the next heroes, then they would never be able indeed to have a successful career despite their actual skills, and as most of Izuku's other theories, it would end with the collapse of society. On the other hand, when the festival is done and broadcasted, the league will probably take it as a giant middle finger, making them have even more motive to attack the school again.

Izuku shook his head to snap himself out of the thought process. With a slight sigh, he flopped onto the bed, his legs dangling off the side. He still had to prepare for the sports festival, and he still wasn't allowed to do any training for three more days due to his injuries. Worst case scenario, he would get his ass handed to him, but even then, he would still get his name out there, allowing for him to do the work-study week with someone close to the suspected areas of the league or drug ring. izuku sighed and dropped his one-sided discussion; there was still a few weeks before the festival, and school started back up next week. He might as well enjoy his time off.

As hypocritical as it was, there was no use focusing on the future.

!@#$^*$$$(%$*$#$@@#*@#$%^&*(!@#$%^&*(@#$%^&*()@#$%^&*@#$%^&*@#$%^&#$%^&$%

Sooooooooo another chapter down, i cant wait to write the sports festival. Also i am so sorry about not posting as regularly now. Ive had a lot of work to do due to this whole pandemic thing. Anyway, as usual comment vote or whatever and ill see y'alls later little readers.