33

After spending the entirety of the afternoon and evening visiting places for their entertainment, these two found themselves strolling slowly around Meguro River. They were on the sidewalk, silently walking as they stare at the water, perfectly reflecting the city lights and the midnight sky, effortlessly creating a masterpiece they're currently in.

The wind blew and the trees rustled, making some of the leaves fall on the ground with the guide of the nearby autumn air.

Yeonjun watched a few people across them have their moments. Some were smiling, some were running around, some were on the bench and admiring the pretty view of the river, and some were just walking in silence just like them. The thing he noticed though, was that they all seemed happy and content. Their faces just screamed that expression that tells they were living in the moment- something he's been doing the whole day.

He thought about what Soobin said yesterday, nobody cares who they are in here, they're just them.

So why not try to live a little, right?

There's no one to monitor him in here anyway and it's not like he'll do something illegal.

And so living a little is what he's doing.

And he's happy.

Not the pretend happy type or the happy in the moment and wallow the next, he's genuinely happy. And that's exactly the reason why he's fucking scared.

Because he doesn't have to pretend to be happy or convinced himself he was happy, it's just naturally coming into him and it's overwhelming? And the fact that he doesn't know what made him feel like that is adding onto the fright too. Was it because of the city? The food? The places they visited? The people?

Or was it Soobin?

And god, if it's because of him then the dread would be much bigger.

Because happiness could be taken away from you any second.

And if it's Soobin then there's a possibility that he may lose hi-

"Hey, Yeonjun? Are you okay?" The male snapped him out of his zone with a poke on his cheek. He has this confused yet concerned look on his face. His brows furrowing a little and his eyes in a questioning gaze as if they're pleading to know what was wrong.

"Oh, y-yeah, yeah, I- I'm fine-" Yeonjun's stuttering was cut off when the taller pinched his cheeks and pulled them upwards. He gave Soobin a puzzled expression as he put his hands over his to try and remove them.

"There's that smile again." Soobin muttered, catching Yeonjun off guard and making him giggle as a response. The black haired let go of his cheeks after that with a satisfied smile on his lips as he watched Yeonjun shakes his head and playfully punched his shoulder.

"A dork. That's what you are."

Soobin shrugged as they both continued their walk, "This dork did what he had to do. You were getting a bit gloomy right there."

Oh.

"Was I?"

"Mhm. Why? You're tired?" Soobin turned to look at him and Yeonjun nodded with a small smile. "Yeah."

"Okay then, let's go back. It's late anyways." He then lay out his hand in front of the shorter male but all Yeonjun did was stare at it, dumbfounded. Soobin rolled his eyes at the slow witted male.

"Why are you just staring? Hold my hand."

Yeonjun blinked repeatedly, obviously a little flustered yet he still complied. He reached his hand up and put it on top of Soobin's but he did not expect the male to interlock their fingers together and carry on like what he did was nothing.