43

Maybe it was because the party was downright boring.

Maybe it was because he’s tired.

Maybe it was because he didn’t really want to attend in the first place.

Or, maybe it was because Yeonjun needed him that Soobin found himself rushing back home.

The very moment he got the phone call, Soobin did not have any second thoughts and just went back immediately without questioning Yeonjun why. The male asking him to come home was enough for him to take action and drive himself back, not even bothering to inform his family because they were busy with the guests anyway.

And so when Soobin finally reached home, the first thing he did was look for the brown haired male. It didn’t take him that much time in searching since Yeonjun’s already standing there in the hallways, waiting for him with an expression so lost Soobin doesn’t want to do anything else but engulf the older in a really tight embrace and protect him from the darkness of the world.

Slowly, Soobin approached Yeonjun who’s just staring at him with his dark brown irises, watching Soobin get near his unmoving figure. The second the taller is near him enough to pull him close, Yeonjun just let Soobin caged him between his arms, his head being pressed right on the male’s chest as he recognized the familiar warm feeling he gets every time he’s in  Soobin’s comforting hold.

As he wrapped his arms around the younger male in return, Yeonjun wonders if Soobin feels the same way when they share a hug. Because to him, being in Soobin’s embrace offers comfort, contentment and assurance that he’ll be safe. He feels protected and secured, like nothing can ever harm him, like he’ll never be hurt, like he finally belongs somewhere, as long as he stays there, in Soobin’s arms.

It’s his safe place.

There’s no point in denying that anymore.

But it still bothers him and it stings in some way because, what if he’s the only one who feels like that? What if Soobin prefers to be elsewhere? He’s not sure and he doesn’t know and it’ll keep on worrying him if he stays unaware.

Should he take the risk and make everything clear?

With that surfacing in Yeonjun’s hazy mind, he shifted a little and turned his face up to look at Soobin.

“Soobin?”  

The male looks down on him in curiosity and concern. “Hmm?” he hums in response.

“Can I ask you something?” Yeonjun felt shivers running down his body as those words left his mouth. His heart beating frantically that he could’ve sworn Soobin can feel it too.

The latter pulled him back close to him and kissed the top of his head, both his hands resting on Yeonjun’s waist, “Anything.”

However after the action, the smaller male found his words being caught in his throat. The courage he earned earlier dissipating into thin air as his tongue got tied and he couldn’t speak up. He gripped the fabric of Soobin’s shirt tighter as he tried to calm his nerves down, still pressed up against the male’s chest.

“What is it baby?” Soobin questioned as he sensed Yeonjun getting tensed up. In an attempt to console the male, Soobin rubs circular patterns on his back while whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

But ironically, it didn’t help in motivating Yeonjun to say what he originally wanted to.

He can’t.

He fucking can’t.

It frightens him so much he can’t let the words out because fuck, it’s happening again.