44

~~~
no, this is not the last update.
yes, there will still be lots of chapters coming.
and maybe, i did bluff with y'all. sowwy (TT)
~~~

A lot of things can happen within a month.

You could be searching for new experiences. You could be having a new job. You could be reuniting with some old friends or meeting new ones. You could be strengthening a connection with someone or you could also be drifting apart.

It happened in a flash, days passing by so quickly that all of a sudden it's already been a month.

The time was fast. There was something, however, that was happening slowly. It was slowly breaking, shattering and fading. What once happened to be one step away from being whole and vivid, was now going back to being scattered and vague day by day.

And that something was this particular bond between two particular individuals.

Yeonjun was sitting by the table in the kitchen, lazily playing with his plate of food when his cousin, Taehyung approached with a concern look on his face. He stealthily made his way towards the male and sat down beside him without being noticed. For a minute he just sat there, worriedly watching his younger cousin play with his food, which seemed to not been consumed by the way— and it looks like Yeonjun has no intention to eat it too.

At last, Taehyung decided to break the heavy silence. "Are you not going to eat?"

The latter spared him a glance, his eyes dark and hollow; as if all the glimmers disappeared and the lights died out. There was no emotion, they're just blank and the bags underneath them indicate just how tired he must be.

He looks so exhausted.

"I don't feel like it." Yeonjun answered before turning his gaze back on the plate. He glides the spoon he's holding on his right hand idly around the white platter, creating a low clanking sound to resonate across the kitchen.

With this, Taehyung's eyebrows found their way in a frown. He then shifted closer to examine the appearance of his cousin which brought a tinge of ache in his heart. Someone has to be blind if they couldn't see the obvious gloomy aura surrounding the quiet male. It is deeply concerning, considering that he's usually jolly and loud and always seen sporting a bright grin on his lips.

Something drastic must have happened to result to this, but even now, a week later, Taehyung still has no idea what on earth caused his beloved cousin to act like this.

"You've been saying that for almost a week a now."

"I just don't have any appetite right now, okay hyung?"

"But you have to eat. Come on, just a bite—"

"I said I don't want t—" but before Yeonjun could even finish talking, a loud ringing cut him off. It startled the two of them, both males (mostly Taehyung, Yeonjun couldn't careless) glancing around to find the root of the noise.

Taehyung then realized it isn't his phone that's ringing when his eyes caught sight of the frantic device resting on the tabletop just in front of the other male. He then reached for it after sensing that Yeonjun doesn't have any plan to.

"Don't answer it." Yeonjun told Taehyung just as he was about to accept the call.

"But it's Soobin?" The older of the two confusedly asked, his frown deepening as his index finger hover over the green button.

"I said don't." Yeonjun snapped, snatching the phone away from his cousin's grasp and shutting it down. For a moment, his eyes displayed something, but it vanished as soon as it appeared so Taehyung was not given the chance to specify what it was.