46

~okay im back, im here, im alive. and here you go.~

Recovery isn't about getting back to how you were before. It's about building something new.

And Soobin is determined to build something new with Yeonjun.

From the time he got back home, Soobin had been thinking. He was recalling the events that passed before he met Yeonjun and realized how different things were right now compared before.

He was there, casually making his way into the kitchen to get himself something to eat and then stopped right at the doorway when he suddenly pictured Yeonjun in there, waiting for him so that they could eat together like he always did. A fond yet sad smile then took over his features as he tried to bring his focus back and continue walking.

When he went behind the pantry, he caught sight of this one cereal box Yeonjun loves and he instantly halted, remembering how much the other likes to eat them more at midnight instead of breakfast the next day. He bit his lower lip, ignoring the sinking feeling he got and proceeded to make some food for himself.

Quite a while later after he finished eating just half of his dinner, Soobin found himself wandering the halls with his mind blank. He couldn't think of anything else, his head is as empty as he feels and both beg for the same person. He's a mess he knows, and it got proven when he saw his reflection in this hugeass mirror they had placed in the lounge he absentmindedly reached.

Soobin must admit he looks horrible that he almost grimaced at his own image. He seems paler than usual and his lips are so chapped. The bags under his eyes are really dark and massive too, obviously stating that he lacks sleep and needs to rest but he couldn't bring himself to. His hair is an unexplainable clutter it could pass as a bird's nest.

Sighing and not giving a fuck, Soobin left the lounge and decided to go upstairs to the study and find something to read to hopefully entertain himself.

When he finally got there, however, Soobin just picked whatever book was nearby because he could already picture Yeonjun sitting on the table and whining about how stressed the paperworks make him.

It just makes him want to see the other more.

Shaking his head and scolding himself because it was technically his fault, Soobin left the room and looked for a great spot to read to calm his mind.

He then stumbled upon the den where he usually reads across the grand piano and adjacent to the glass wall which has the blinds covering it. Soobin settled himself on the couch, opened the book and tried to focus on the words written on the papers.

He tried.

Instead, five minutes later and he was still reading the same fucking sentence over and over again, not even absorbing a single thing. He was stuck there, brain unresponsive because it was drifting off elsewhere.

It was imagining Yeonjun suddenly showing up like he always did. Stomping on his way and complaining about how bored he is and then proceeds to bother Soobin of his ideas of what they should do and where they should go.

Though he wouldn't say that out loud, Soobin was actually hoping Yeonjun would do that. Even though he always claimed that it annoys him, he was actually always anticipating it too. It was like, he would plan to have time for himself but at the same time, he was just waiting for Yeonjun to show up and disrupt him.

And now, there's no Yeonjun to disrupt him.

He hates it.

It's ironic to him, really. When Yeonjun's around and annoying him, he wants the male to stop and now that he's not there and there's no one to annoy him, he craves it. He craves it so much he's going to lose his mind if Yeonjun doesn't come back soon.