52

A promise is a promise.

That phrase has been circulating around Yeonjun's mind ever since the day started. The male uneasily stood there in the studio as he waited for Jaemin to return back from his task. The secretary had to go and pick up the materials needed for the event later as well as to contact their people to make sure everything is going according to plan which then left Yeonjun alone to drown in unnecessary worry.

Today, well, tonight—Yeonjun will have to present to almost every known person in their business field his very own creation of clothing as well as hit the runway himself for the first time as their label's very own model.

It was a new discovered passion and Yeonjun loved every single second of it. The time he spent getting involved in their family business was the time Yeonjun found himself being fascinated with designs that he slowly began to create his own too and undoubtedly fell in love with the process of it.

And so when he was asked by his father if he wanted to give it a shot, he didn't hesitate to agree in a heartbeat. What he just wasn't expecting, however, was his father to go all out and schedule an event for him.

And Mr. Choi made it clear that he wanted it to be big and grand—he wanted it to be perfect and wanted the best for his son that he hired only the best event handlers and organizers to work for the upcoming show.

Yeonjun argued at first, not really seeing the point for all these fuss when he could just simply release the designs like they usually did with the others. But it seems like Choi Soohyun couldn't be stopped, especially now that he got Choi Haera on his side.

The first person Yeonjun told the news to was, of course, his husband and he was just as ecstatic as he was. Soobin helped him with some of the works and was constantly reminding the brunette how proud he is of him.

Yeonjun is really, really happy with it and is thankful for Soobin's encouragement and appreciates every comforting words and assurance the other said.

But what he really just wants is for Soobin to be there the moment it happens and he promised he will.

And that should leave Yeonjun with nothing to worry about since Soobin is always, always there, supporting him and all. So the other would definitely be there tonight with him too, right?

Well, Yeonjun fucking hopes so.

But the thing is, Soobin left two days ago for an out-of-town business schedule and he said it would be done by this morning but it's already 5pm now and there still isn't any news from him.

It caused Yeonjun to be so damn worried and to add the fact that he had sent tons of messages to the other but received nothing in response only fuel his nerves more and he's so close into losing his mind. No kidding.

He took a deep breath to calm his racing mind and ease the unsettling feeling at the bottom of his stomach before typing down another message on his phone to send again.

...

"Yeonjun-ssi, you're out next for your last shoot!"

"I'm coming!"

Where are you, Soobin?

___

By 7, Yeonjun, along with the personnel, were busy checking the apparel collections but the brunette seems to be out of it. He was working, sure, but he did it half-consciously. It was as if his mind was elsewhere that's why he couldn't focus on what he's supposed to be doing.

Like right now, a staff is asking him about the arrangement of the designs but he's just staring into a distance and blocking out everything else on sight and hearing parameters.