Chapter 9

Rey walked into the room where her family was on one side and the Skywalkers were on the other. Slowly taking her place with her family, she waited for the moment to come. To sign the treaty, then after, she will meet up with her prince.

Shortly after she arrived, Ben came in through the door and both him and Rey locked eyes, still staring at each other as he walked towards his seat. Then the time. To sign the treaty but the Emperor and the Queen weren't in the room. Not even Rey's father and Bens' father.

The next thing they hear where screaming, complaining. Rey turns to face her mom and Rose. "What's going on, we should have signed the treaty already". Rose agrees and turns to face her queen. "My lady, what's going on, and why are they screaming," Rose asked.

Kira turns to face the back, at the closed door and hears them yelling. "Will you excuse me, my sweeties, I am going to make sure nothing gets, well physical". Kira gets up heading down the rows out the door. Rey turns to face Rose and five each other confused looks.

Ben was waiting with his friends when he noticed Rey's mother left. " I'm going to see what's wrong," he says getting up heading to the door. Rey looks up and gets up as well. "Me too". Ben stops his steps a d waits for Rey to get over to his side. Both walking to the good he opens it up for her and lets 'ss her pass before he passes.

"We came here to sign a treaty, and you see saying the is not a treaty," Palpatine says. Leia was just so frustrated,  she put her hands on her face trying to calm down. "We don't know why it didn't come from Alderaan, we sent them letter months in advance, telling them the date we needed the treaty to be here, we don't understand why it hasn't arrived yet"

Palpatine rolls his eyes and walks back and forth "if we sign no treaty there is war". Leia sighs and shakes her head " we can get the treaty here but that be in weeks, maybe even a month, it takes time to set up a delivery with such value. It will require much attention to bring it here, it is very fragile and old".

Rey turns to face Ben before walking to her family. "Rey sweetie, we are going to leave sooner than we thought". Rey looked at her mother then walked to her grandfather. "Grandfather are you sure you want to leave if we leave there will be war". Palpatine turns to face Rey.

" what chose do we have". Rey looks around and sighs "maybe we could stay, till the treaty arrives". They all gasps. Rey looks around, a little worried and kinda regretted saying what she said until " she right". Then everyone turns to face Ben, surprised.

He swallowed hard and walked closer to his family. "We wait, they had traveled already from their kingdom to ours, why make them go back if they didn't do what they came to do, and no war, which is something we all want". He turns to face Rey and smirks when he sees her adorable grin.

Leia turns to face at Han and then they both turn to face the Palpatines. Kira and Dan both liked the idea and wanted to see if Palpatine like it. Palpatine turns to face his family. "We need to speak about this in private," he says. Passing in front of Rey he grabs her hand and roughly pulled her inside the room.

As the door closed it reopen, only Finn, and Poe coming out. They all walked towards the other and stood there waiting. Ben could only hope that they stay.

******

"Dad please, it's been generation we kept this treaty and prevent our kingdom to go to war, we could stay, sign the treaty then leave," Dan said.  Palpatine sighs and keeps ignoring them.

"As much as I love my kingdom, I love honesty and they lied to us, " he says. Rey walks up to her grandfather and puts a hand on his shoulder "my king, please it's our people, people who also have kids and babies, we can't risk their lives, we had peace why ruin it now".

He rolls his eyes and sighs, "you're lucky I love you". Rey smirks and waits for his next set of words. "I suppose I could wait," he says. Rey smiles "okay it's a done deal". Dan and Kira smile. " guess our future empress is starting to do her duties". "She sure is," Palpatine says.

******

"So I sent a messenger to Alderaan, he will tell them our message and return with what they said, until then you all will be assisted with our workers as if it were your castle," Han says.

Kira turns to face Dan. "That's is very thoughtful and thank you so much". She smiles at Han and he nods. Leia was talking to Ben just as Rey left the room. His eyes followed her and she looked back giving him a smirk. Ben sighs and excuses himself from his mother leaving a kiss on her forehead. Walking out the room he followed Rey.