Chapter 22

Rey stayed still on the bed looking out the window. Ben left already. He had to go back to his room and get a dress for the treaty. Rey needed to as well but she stayed in there.

But soon she realized she needed to leave. Sitting up straight she looked around the bed and found her dress placing it back on her. Getting off the bed, she got a few her necklace. She has taken it off before she made love to Ben.  Grabbing the piece of jewelry she puts it on and grabs everything of hers before she headed out the room.

Walking down the hall she made her way to her floor, heading to her chambers. Looking around to see if anyone was there, in the hallway she ran towards her door. Quickly opening it to get in, using the same speed to shut her door. Smiling she turns around and finds her grandfather waiting for her on a chair.

Rey gasp, jump even that he was there. She watched as he rose from his chair and walked towards her. It was a scary few for Rey to watch. As he got closer Rey could hear her heart beating so loud, she was sure he could hear it too. Rey was now staring up at her grandfather.

Slowly he creased her cheek with his hand before he smacks her. Rey puts her hand on the cheek he just slapped and looks up at her grandfather. "What was that for," Rey asked. He chuckled, then soon it was loud scary laughter that made the young girl lean her back against the door.

But once it stops, he walked closer to her letting a sigh out, revealing his terrible bad breath. "I'm not stupid Rey, I know what's been going on with you and the prince," he says. Rey looked at him in shock and nervously shook her head. "What do you mean," she asked. He rolls his eyes and put his hand on her hand pulling it away from her cheek so he could lay his hand.

"Don't play dumb with me, you know exactly what I mean. I see everything Rey, I see how you look at the prince, I see how he looks at you, and I saw how he talks to you, how he touches you, " he told her. Rey starts to breathe very heavy, her chest rising and lowering every second. 

"Do you have anything to say?" he asked, suddenly his hand moved away from her cheek and pulled up the necklace Ben gave her and pulling her left-hand making her face the ring. Looking up at him Rey felt a tear roll down her cheek. "How did you know," she asked.

He grins "I told you, I know you better than yourself, ". The next thing Rey felt was her grandfather pulling her out of the room heading towards the meeting room where the treaty awaits.

******

Ben looked around waiting for Rey to appear in the hall where the treaty is. For her and her grandfather. Looking towards her parents they looked more confused than he did.

Leis turns to Ben and they both smiled at each other making him feel a little calmer. But that didn't last for long, they all stop their conversations when they heard a winning sound and yelling coming towards the room. Suddenly, the door burst open and Rey was thrown into the room, with Palpatine behind her.

Ben was the first one to stand when he saw his wife thrown into the room. "Father what is this, " Dan asked walking over to him. Rey was being comforted by her mother. Her mother looked up at Rey and asked her if she was okay. Rey nods and turns back to face the two men.

Suddenly Leia walked up to the middle and snap "What is wrong with you, that's no way to treat your grandchild" Leia says. He starts to laugh out loud. Han walked up to Leia and whispered to her. Leia then walked to Rey and check on the girl. Ben walked over to Rey to check if she was okay.

By the look of her eyes, he knew that both of them were in lots of trouble. "Alright Palpatine, please explain to us, why on earth did you hurt your granddaughter," Han asked. Palpatine turns to face Rey and Ben, raising his hand, pointing at both of them.