Chapter 42

Everything went by quickly. That day was the day the war was ending. But no one knew about the secret mission Palpatine had against the royal family.

It was chaos in the castle. Everyone was running, they all ran towards the safe room hoping no man would pass. Many families ran towards the castle for protection. The soldiers were fighting to save the royal family to save their family and their people.

Ben, he tried to calm down everyone and his daughter as the many people were crying and screaming. He had his arms wrapped around his girls as dust falls from the ceiling. Rey looks up at Ben and sighs.he leans down to kiss Rey forehead to calm her nerves.

"Ben what if this is it. Our attack didn't even have a chance, this was our chance to destroy Palpatine, our chance to be free. He blinded us, he made it seem like there was no army when there was" Rey said. Ben shooked his head. "We will win this, have hope Rey please, listen to me Rey just hope. We will win. And Alyiah will be fine, okay" He said.

Rey sniffles and kisses her daughter's head. "I love you Alyiah, with all my heart" Rey says. She looks up at Ben. "I love you too". Ben nods. "I love you more" he says. "I love Alyiah with everything I have to two are my girls and all I need. We will live, Rey".

Rey lays her head on his shoulder and the wait. In the dark. With many people in a room. All of them squish together. Leia and Han were there as well. Kira too but Dan was hiding out in the field trying to talk sense into his father. "Dan don't go he will murder you. You know that" Kira said.

"My father is cold-hearted but he would never kill his son" Dan said." Dan he tried to kill Rey. His granddaughter. The only heir to the kingdom. He might even kill his only grandchild. What makes you think he won't kill you" Kira cried.

"Dad where are you going," Rey said getting up. She walked towards him and looked into his eyes. "My sunshine, I have to go speak to your grandfather to change his mind" he said. Rey looked at him confused. "What are you saying, father, he will hurt you, you know it, father I know you do, the look in your eyes can tell" she said.

"Sweetheart, I must do this, and yes I'm afraid that what you say is true but to protect you and your mother and Alyiah, I have to. All three of you are my own heart" Dan said. They all hugged and he held them tight not letting go. Even though he knew it to be the last time holding them.

Dan pulls away from them and kisses Rey forehead, he grabbed Alyiah and study her face before he kissed her. "I love you so much" he handed her back to Rey and put his hands against her cheek. " I love you both" he says. Rey nods. Dan turns to Kira and brings her to a hug. He sighs and kisses her cheek and then her lips. "Take care, my love" he said. "I love you Dan" she said.

He leans to kiss her once more before he whispers " I love you too". He looks at her and at his daughter and his granddaughter before he turns to Ben. "Please take care of my girls. And take care Ben. I'm trusting you with them. Please take care of them" Dan says. Ben nods. "I will sir". "Its father actually, takes care son" Dan said."Goodbye, Father, I promise I will take care of them" Ben said.

Dan nods and pats his shoulder. He starts to walk and take a look at the Solos and bows. Walking towards the door he turns to face his girls and leaves knowing it would be the last time he sees them.