Chapter 31

Rey was suddenly awakened by the noise of children laughing and giggles. It made the girl seem a little, please, a joy to wake up to.

After what happened with the leader and everyone else, it seems nice to wake up to some joy. Looking down to her feet, she could see that it was wrapped around a clean cloth. She notices that they took out all of the tigs and splitters from her feet. Now her feet were wrapped around, and they feel much better.

Slowly turning her head she finds Maz sitting on a chair next to her. Maz looks up at the girl and smiles, "you're awake, that's good" she says. Rey nods and sits up but Maz stops her. "Lay down, you need to rest". Rey watches as Maz puts her hand on Rey's chest, laying her back down.

"Just lay down, don't move, relax," Maz says. Rey sighs and looks away from her, she turns to face the little kids that were playing around in the far end of the room. She could hear Maz sighing and hesitation. "Just tell me where Ben" Rey asks. That's the only thing Rey was wondering about. What happened to her Ben.

"He is recovering as well, he's been worried about you, you know," Maz said. Rey closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. "Can I see him?" Rey asked. Maz smiles "of course after your feet are healed, you must be taken care of and health if you're carrying a baby," Maz says.

Rey turns her head to face Maz and sits up "carrying a what now" Rey asks. Maz looks at the girl confuses "you didn't know" she asked. Rey shakes her head. "Your pregnant" Maz says. And she gets up leaving the girl alone.

******

Ben stared down at his feet as he was getting ready to walk. He knew that they weren't in good condition but he wanted to see Rey. His love. His life. All he needed was her.

Getting up, he shuts his eyes in pain and groans before dropping back on the bed. Looking down at his feet he could see blood going through the white bandage. He bites his lips and lays back down to see his foot. It hurt him, a lot. But not as much as when he starts to think of Rey, it just him that he couldn't see her.

"You idiot, you should have listened to me," Maz says. Ben looks up to see the old women staring at them. "Sorry," he says. She nods and walks toward him. Taking a look at his feet, she unwrapped the bandage before she grabs a new bandage and medical materials.

"How's Rey"? Maz looks up and nods " she's fine, she woked up, and she is letting her feet heal, like a responsible adult and she younger than you". Ben chuckles and nods. "That's true". " by how much," Maz asked as she stitches his feet. "Ten years," he says. Maz eyes open wide, "that's a big difference," she says.

"I love her, that's what matters, besides my mother is also ten years younger than my father". Maz nods and looks up at him. "So, how did it all start, all of this war and this romance that we all heard". Ben sighs and shakes his head, " look I love Rey, and I know she loves me, we couldn't control it and by law, it states no sort of relationship between Palpatines kingdom and Skywalker kingdom".

"So why did you start," she asked. Ben looks at her "you are a really noisy person". " what can I say I'm letting you stay in my city for free and won't tell anyone about it so tell me the tea or go back to were you came from" Maz says. Ben nods and starts to think of when it all began.

"The first day I met Rey, she came out of the carriage and when I saw those beautiful eyes of her I knew, I knew it was her before I might her I had dreamed of her, I didn't even know she existed so when I saw her it was just a breath of fresh air I'm glad she is in my life, I uh then started to talk to her and it was the day we were supposed to sign the treaty and I asked her that maybe we should have just one affair, but then we continue, and we fell more in loved, three weeks have passed, then I asked if we could escape, she refused at first but then she changed her mind and we got married secretly the day before the treaty and after we signed treaty, we would escape, but her grandfather found out and all the shit happened after that, I escaped my kingdom and ride my way to her, her mother helped me see her and we escaped before she was forced to marry a stupid abusive bastard," Ben says.

Maz was surprised to the story and nods, she was already done healing his foot, wrapped around with a bandage. "Well, now you shall take care of your wife, " Maz says. Ben nods looking at Maz as she gets up. "I will with everything I have," Ben says. Maz was about to leave but stops "I was going to tell you but I think Rey should tell you unless you want me to tell you" Maz says.

"Just tell me I need so news about Rey," Ben says. Maz nods "she pregnant". And Maz walked away leaving the young men shocked.