Maandag 14:13

JENS
Lucas followed him on Instagram. He was also following Robbe, and because he was probably hanging out with Milan, he had seen Robbe pretty often lately. It still felt like Jens's heart burst when he got the notification. He had spent a few minutes just looking through Lucas's account, gazing at all the artsy looking photos of Lucas. He scrolled as he laid in his bed, waiting for his mom to call him out to wash the dishes or wrap some gifts.

He stopped at a photo of Lucas smiling, the camera close to his face and his eyes closed. Jens smiled softly at his screen, the brightness lighting up his face in his curtain-drawn room. He took a screenshot.

He swiped out of the picture and stopped again at another post of Lucas with another boy. Lucas's arms were around his neck, the boy holding onto Lucas's wrist, them both laughing. Jens sat up as he stared at the picture, pushing himself against the wall. His brow furrowed.

He went back to all the photos and scanned them before opening it up again. This was the only photo of just the two of them. Could this be a boyfriend? Or just a friend? He tapped the post to see if the boy was tagged.

It was Kes, and Jens remembered Lucas saying that Kes was his best friend. Jens relaxed and then wondered in Lucas did have someone in Utrecht, even if it wasn't Kes. Lucas had called their outing a date after Jens did, and Jens had assumed he was joking.

Jens forgot about Kes for a minute, suddenly realizing that maybe Lucas hadn't been joking. Maybe he did think they went on a date. Had Jens gone on a date with a boy?

He'd never gone on a date with a boy. He'd never wanted to go on a date with a boy. He'd looked at boys, and thought they were cute, or hot, or whatever. But he'd never wanted something like this.  Never wanted something real. He really wanted to go on a real date with Lucas.

Jens slid down to his back, dropped his phone on his stomach, and sighed deeply, throwing his arms across his face.

Then he picked his phone up, went to Lucas's profile, and pressed "Follow".