Vrijdag 19:47

LUCAS
Lucas's skateboard skidded to a stop outside Jens's building and he pulled his phone out of his pocket, pausing his music. He pulled open his messages, not seeing anything new.

Seconds later, still looking at his phone, he heard a loud noise next to him on the ground and jumped, looking up abruptly to find Jens grinning at him excitedly. He'd just dropped his skateboard to the ground and was looking back at Lucas, already reaching out to kiss him.

"Hey."

"You scared me," Lucas said, leaning forward and kissing him softly. He pulled his earbuds out and pushed them into the pocket on the side of his duffle bag after unplugging them from his phone. "What exactly are we doing?"

"You'll see. You brought clothes and stuff?"

"Yes?"

Jens nodded and kissed him again before stepping on his board and motioning with his chin to go.

"Okay..."

Lucas followed.

—-

"Come on."

Lucas watched as Jens stepped on the back of his board, hopping onto the sidewalk and making his way to a door, board in hand. The door was to a motel, a motel that looked rundown and old. Lucas smiled, wondering what Jens was planning, and stepped through the door that Jens was holding open for him.

"Okay..."

He followed Jens to the front desk, where a girl, their age, or just a few years older, sat. Jens stepped up, placing an arm on the counter and looking across at her.

"How can I help you?" she asked after hitting a few keys on the desktop in front of her. She looked at Jens and smiled, glancing at Lucas briefly before turning back to Jens, leaning closer to him and tossing her hair over her shoulder.

"Hi, I made a reservation for tonight. Stoffels." Jens smiled, oblivious to the fact that she was very clearly flirting with him.

Lucas felt a slight pang in his chest and stepped closer to Jens. The lady looked up at him when he moved and looked at his skateboard.

"I can take that!" she said and reached out. "I can put it right under here."

Lucas held his board up and Jens held his up slightly so she could take it too. As she put the boards under the counter, he placed his hand gently on Jens, sliding it across his back. Jens seemed to get his message, standing up straight and placing his own hand on Lucas's head, his fingers in his curls, and pulling him closer so he could kiss his forehead.

Lucas looked at the girl across the counter, seeing realization dawn on her face even as she pretended she wasn't looking. He suppressed a smile.

"You're our only guests tonight," she said, scrolling down on her computer. "We're not a very popular motel." She laughed lightly and reached behind herself, grabbing a key off the wall and handing it to Jens.

"It works for us." Jens wrapped an arm around Lucas's shoulders. "Thank you."

"Enjoy your stay." She smiled at Lucas, winking subtly. Lucas blushed, smiling back, and she turned back to the computer.

Jens guided Lucas to the elevator, dangling the key in front of Lucas's face, saying "Top floor," in a sing-songy voice. Lucas snatched the keys from Jens's hand and stuck them in his own pocket, quirking his eyebrows at Jens. Jens scoffed at him and let go, stepping away from him to press the button to the elevator.