Woensdag 00:13

LUCAS
Lucas sat on the sofa where Jens sat earlier, fiddling with his empty beer bottle as the bass of the loud music ran through his veins. He glanced around, looking up at Ralph and Milan dancing, laughing, and then past them to subconsciously look for Jens.

He didn't know what he had expected from tonight, he certainly wasn't expected a New Years kiss or anything, but he had hoped to see Jens more. He hadn't hung out with Jens in a while, not just the two of them.

Lucas zoned out, staring at the ground in front of him, wondering if Jens liked hanging out with him as much as he did. The bottle slipped from his restless hand onto the ground, and he startled back, grabbing the luckily unbroken bottle and looking up, sighing, and realizing that Jens was coming toward him.

Jens flopped next to him, his leg pressed against Lucas's, and put his arm around Lucas's shoulder casually.

"You good?" Jens asked loudly, inclining his head towards Lucas's. Lucas felt his cheek heat up again as he leaned in at the same time.

"Yeah. Kind of bored."

Jens made a face, scrunching his nose up and furrowing his brow at him. He glanced up, looking around. Lucas followed his eyes, noticing that all their friends had blended into the sea of people dancing. He couldn't see any of them. He sighed as he felt Jens lifted his hand and put it on his head, twisting his fingers into Lucas's hair.

He looked over at Jens, smiling, and Jens looked back at him.

"You wanna get out of here?" he asked, leaning in again. Lucas watched his mouth as he spoke.

"Yeah."

Jens quirked his eyebrows at him, jumping up from the sofa, grabbing Lucas's wrist and pulling him up. Lucas dropped his bottle on the sofa and let him pull him away, through the crowd, and toward the door, excitement growing in his chest and a smile growing on his face. Jens's fingers stayed wrapped around his wrist as they exited the door, squeezing past people entering the door.

"How did you guys get here?" Jens asked, turning to look Lucas. Lucas looked at him, his messy hair and bright eyes.

"Walked."

Jens nodded quickly and pulled him toward a bike rack, letting go of his wrist (the skin went cold), and pulling a key out of his back pocket. He unlocked one of the bikes, pulling it up and out of the rack, and then lifted his leg over and sat in the seat. He looked at Lucas expectantly.

"What?"

Jens nodded to the back of the bike, and Lucas grabbed his shoulders, standing on the back, hoping he didn't fall off. Jens pushed and began pedaling down the empty road.

Lucas felt the same way he felt as he skated down the street with Jens that night they went to the park. Like the wind was in him, like he was alive. He felt like he could do anything. He kept one hand on Jens's shoulder, gripping his jacket, and lifted the other slowly, making sure he didn't lose balance, and placed it in Jens's hair, the way Jens did in the club. Lucas sighed, the crisp air in his throat, and closed his eyes, feeling his hair blow around him, feeling his cheeks and nose become pink with the cold.

He smiled.

He felt like they rode through the whole city (and maybe they had) before Jens finally began to slow down, and he opened his eyes and moved his hand back to Jens's shoulder, keeping himself steady.

When Jens pulled the bike to a complete stop at the skate park, Lucas got off, looking at Jens as he turned. They both froze, staring at each other like they had hit a sudden realization at the same time, before Lucas smiled slowly and turned away, beginning to walk up to where they always sat together.