Mondag 10:42

LUCAS
Lucas pushed himself up on one elbow, stretching and groaning, his eyes squeezing shut, and sighed as he laid back down, facing the ceiling.

He stared for a few seconds before reaching to his bedside table and picked his phone up, nearly dropping it as it slipped between his fingers and catching it by just the corner. He'd managed to put his phone actually away instead of falling asleep with it on, next to his face.

He had a message from Kes.

Hey, bro, how are things??

Lucas hesitated, wondering what to say. He didn't want to say anything about Jens, not yet, wanted to tell Kes and Jayden and the rest in person about everything. Jens was really the only thing that had been happening. Of course, Lucas had hung out with Ralph and Milan, as well as Robbe, Moyo, and Aaron, but Jens was what Lucas's mind went to when he read "things."

Pretty good, I'm having fun :)

Lucas's fingers hovered over the keyboard, thinking about what to say, and then gave up, not knowing what else he could add. He would answer whatever question Kes asked next as best he could when the time came. He swiped out of his chat with Kes and saw that he had a message from Jens.

He opened it and found a selfie Jens had sent a few hours before, most likely before he went off to school that morning. Jens was laying on his back, the phone held above his head, and had the bear Lucas had given him set on his bare chest, his lips in a pout. Lucas smiled at his screen, immediately holding the picture to save it. He texted back.

The best thing to wake up to

He opened his photo album and opened the photo, considering setting it as his screensaver. His first thought was worrying about Kes or Jayden seeing it, and then remembered that he wasn't going back to Utrecht for a while. Fuck it.

He smiled as he set it as his screensaver, zooming it out to "still" mode. Pressing the home button, he exited out of his photo album and turned his phone off, clicking it back on after a second to see his lock screen.

Jens really was beautiful.