Woensdag 20:54

LUCAS
"You know what we haven't done in a while?"

Lucas couldn't help but smile into his pillow at Jens's voice. He shifted slightly, moving the phone closer to his head on the bed, on speakerphone.

"What?"

"Hang on."

He waited, hearing Jens tap gently on his phone screen, the sound gentle and quiet. He focused on it until it was the only sound he heard, the fan and street sounds outside muting.

"Okay. What's your biggest addiction?" Jens asked.

Lucas's smile grew. He'd forgotten about the questions.

"Crack cocaine."

Jens scoffed. "Okay, Lucas." Lucas liked hearing Jens say his name. He made it sound pretty. Special.

"Uhm..." Lucas shifted on his bed again, rolling onto his stomach and holding the pillow under his chest and chin. He moved the phone in front of him and closed his eyes. "You."

Jens was quiet. Lucas put his face in his pillow, grinning, his eyes scrunched shut. As the silence got longer, he lifted his head, wincing.

"Was that weird?" he asked, trying not to giggle.

Jens sighed.

"No, it was just..." Lucas cringed, waiting. Jens sighed again. "Hot."

The giggle broke loose, and Lucas stuffed his face back into the pillow, muffling it. He heard Jens laughing on the other end.

"You're stupid," Lucas said when he could.

"You're the one that just said I'm your biggest addiction!"

"Yeah, that's because you're hot!"

"Oh my god..."

Lucas giggled again. He was happy he could tell Jens he was hot. He needed to know.

"You are," he said.

"Okay, sure."

"You don't think you're hot?"

"I can't say that I view myself as hot, no."

"Well fuck." Lucas heard Jens laugh. Jens sounded different over the phone, like he was right next to him, letting breathy laughs into his ear, but miles and miles away at the same time.

"Okay, my turn, hold on."

Lucas quickly searched questions to ask Jens, scrolling through ones he found boring, pausing at one's that were interesting, before finally asking, "Would you rather dye your hair neon green for the rest of your life, or have one eyebrow for the rest of your life?"

"Oh, uhm..." Jens paused. "By one eyebrow do you mean like...a left eyebrow and a shaved right, or like a unibrow?"

"I—" Lucas hadn't even considered it. "Which would you rather have?"

"Well, I'd rather have a unibrow than just a left or right brow. But I think I'd rather have green hair than a unibrow."

"Neon green, though?"

"You don't think it would look good on me?"

"I think anything would look good on you."

"Unibrow?"

"...Yes."

"You hesitated."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"I just think you have nice eyebrows right now."

"You like my eyebrows?"

"I like your everything. Including your eyebrows."

"Good to know."