Dinsdag 22:14

JENS
Jens tripped over his own feet as he staggered to a sofa in the corner. The music was loud and the fluorescent lights were almost blinding as they flashed and pulsed with the beat of the music. He fell on the sofa, clutching a beer bottle to his chest, also hitting the guy on the sofa next to him with his elbow.

He wouldn't usually be at some random party on a Tuesday night, but he needed a distraction. Even though this one wasn't working very well. Everything made him think of Lucas. The sofa he sat on, the almost-empty bottle in his hand.

Jens dropped his head and shut his eyes, feeling the beat of the music pumping in time with his pulse. He looked up when he felt someone bump into his knee.

"Oh, sorry," a girl said, her voice and smile flirty.

"You're fine," he said, sitting up so his knee was out of her way.

"Uhm..." She looked at him and then looked away, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Do you want to go upstairs?"

He stared at her for a second.

"Bold."

She giggled, her eyes squinting.

Jens thought about it, still looking at her as she raised her eyebrows. He and Lucas weren't together. They never were.

And they obviously weren't now.

"Yeah."

He drained the bottle, and then tossed it onto the sofa, next to the stranger, who had somehow fallen asleep, the white of his shirt a neon blue under the lights.

The girl grinned and grabbed his hand, pulling him behind her through the crowd of people. Her purse bumped her backside as she walked, her long hair stuck under the strap on her shoulder.

As she pulled him up the stairs, Jens tripped, and continued to follow her, down the hall, last several rooms, and into a doorway, when she pulled him against herself and pressed a wet, open-mouthed kiss to his lips. He let her.

He held her waist, pulling her closer, and they toppled over to the bed, where Jens held himself up above her, feeling himself grow hot.

She slid her hand up his back, pulling his shirt up before pushing her fingers into his hair and pulling. As she rolled her hips up to meet his, he realized how wrong it all felt.

     Her waist was too soft, her hair too long. Her lips too glossy, her grip in his hair not quite right.

Jens pulled away abruptly, pushing himself off of her.

"Wait," he slurred under his breath.

She sat up halfway, looking at him with her eyebrows raised.

"I have stuff, it's okay," she said, grabbing at her purse with one hand.

"No, it's not..." He shook his head half-heartedly, apologetically. There was a moment of silence, and the bass from the loud music downstairs pierced through the floor and the air.

"You don't want to," she said.

He shook his head again, looking at her.

"Sorry."

She pushed herself all the way up and tucked her hair behind her ears again, this time without the silly, flirty smile.

"It's fine. You okay?" she said, looking concerned.

"Yeah, I just..." He trailed off again and looked up towards the door of the room. "Sorry."

He stood and left the room, leaving her sitting on the bed by herself. When the door opened, the music seemed even louder than it was before he'd entered the room, the bass feeling like it was vibrating in his skull.

He pushed between people in the hallway, toward a door that said bathroom in messy, scrawled handwriting, bumping into shoulders, spilling drinks, and muttering apologies to those who shoved his arm and said "What the hell, man?"

He still felt hot.

But he'd rather get himself off in a bathroom that hook up with some random girl.

So that's what he did.