Dinsdag 08:11

Jens
"So he just...left?" Aaron asked, clarifying. He looked past Jens and waved, a little smile on his face, and nodded, holding a finger up. Jens glanced behind himself and smiled at Amber, who was standing with the girls a few meters away from them.

"Yeah."

They were outside the school, Aaron and Moyo sitting on top of a table, Robbe standing next to Jens. Jens tucked his hands into the pockets of his jacket, squeezing his fists, and brought his shoulders up, shrugging somewhat nonchalantly.

"Why, though?" Moyo asked. "So suddenly?"

"I don't know, he just..." Jens trailed off, pausing. "Something happened with his mom. So he went back for her."

"You said he didn't say anything to you, I thought," Aaron said.

"He didn't, that's what Ralph said."

"Have you talked to him? Messages or anything?" Moyo asked after a few seconds of silence.

"Yeah, I just..." Jens looked up, leaning back. "Said I would wait for him."

Silence. Jens heard the girls laughing behind him, and waited for Amber to come up to them to say hello to Aaron. They would have to change the subject if she did.

"Last time he talked to me when he was ready," he added abruptly. "He just needed some time. And he came to me when he was ready. I'm just going to let him be right now. And wait."

"Yeah, I get that." Moyo nodded before shrugging and sighing. "But then again, you can't always just wait for your relationship to go somewhere, you know? Like..." He looked away, thinking. "I mean, he has to talk to you. Communicate. Tell you what's up."

"He will, it's just..." He sighed. "He needs time and stuff. And I don't wanna force him to talk about anything he doesn't want to."

He watched as they all nodded solemnly.

"It'll be fine," Robbe said after a few beats of silence, stepping closer and bumping Jens's shoulder. Jens shot him a grateful look.

"What'll be fine?"

Jens jumped, startled at Jana's voice, not hearing her approach. Jens turned, looking at her shortly before looking at Robbe, both of their faces blank, not knowing what to say. Aaron took over.

"We're got a bio quiz and we're all fucked."

Jana laughed, missing the grateful look Jens shot at Aaron, and said "Yeah, good luck with that."

She jerked her chin up at Robbe. "How's Sander doing?"

He looked down bashfully, rocking back on his feet and shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Uh, yeah, he's good. Drawing and stuff." He had a big smile on his face.

Jana let out a quiet squeal and she gently pushed his shoulder back as the rest of the girls made their way over to them. Luca and Moyo slapped their hands together (Jens had noticed that they seemed to be good friends) and Amber jumped up next to Aaron on the table, shoving their faces together in a kiss.

"Does he draw you?" Jana asked, her eyes wide, captivated.

Robbe grinned, color blooming in his cheeks. "Yeah."

The girls cooed (except Amber, who was still locked in with Aaron).

"You're a muse," Yasmina said, reaching out and ruffling Robbe's hair. He shoved her hand back, laughing, and poked her cheek, making her say "Hey!" and punch him in the gut. Jens laughed lightly, watching them bicker.

His hand abesntmindedly slid his phone out of his pocket, and he opened his chat with Lucas.

Two blue check marks.