Dondersdag 17:38

LUCAS
Lucas moved his computer off his lap and grabbed his phone when it buzzed, assuming Jens had sent him a text message. He was right.

Hey

     Lucas texted back.

Hey

     Are you busy?

     I just finished my homework
     Everything okay?

     Yeah
     Can I call you? Video?

     Of course

Lucas rolled onto his stomach, tucking the pillow under his chest and chin, setting his phone against his headboard, and waited until Jens's name appeared on his screen, and then accepted the call. He smiled as Jens's face showed up, and could tell Jens was sitting against his wall on his bed.

"Hey, cutie."

Lucas snorted, his eyes sparkling with affection. The butterflies had apparently just decided to move into his stomach since that holiday party.

"Hi," Lucas said shyly. Jens seemed quiet. "Are you okay?" He adjusted the pillow, setting his chin on his the back of his hand. Jens looked away from his phone for a second before looking back at Lucas and forcing a smile. He nodded.

"What happened?" Lucas asked seriously. He propped himself up on his elbows, his eyebrows drawing together.

"Nothing it's just..." Jens sighed. "Some girls were saying stuff today during lunch."

"Stuff? About what?"

"Stuff about bi people. About gay people. And lesbians." He paused. "They don't know about me. Or Robbe apparently, he was there too."

"God." Lucas dropped himself back onto his pillow, propping his head up. "I'm sorry."

"They were saying, like, that we're more likely to cheat. That lesbians make them uncomfortable. That gay guys are...weird."

So Jens was bi. Cool.

"That's shitty," Lucas said, not knowing what else to say, or what could comfort him.

"Yeah." Jens sighed, and shifted, laying down with his head propped against the pillow against his wall, holding his phone in his lap so Lucas could see him. "Anyway."

"Anyway."

They stared at each other for a second, soft smiles on both their faces.

"My mom likes you," Jens said abruptly.

Lucas took a second, startled, before responding.

"I'm glad. She seems nice."

"She is."

"And Lotte seems nice."

"Lotte is...a handful."

So am I. You have no idea.

"She seems cool, though. Do you guys hang out a lot?" Lucas asked, trying to rid himself of the thought.

"Often enough. She's sweet, she's just...a kid, you know?"

"Yeah."

They gazed at each other again. Lucas's butterflies fluttered.

"You finished your homework, you said?" Jens asked.

"Mmhm. Why? Can you come over?"

Jens sighed.

"No, my mom needs me to clean the kitchen when she's done cooking. She's going back to work after. Filling in for someone."