Zondag 14:37

LUCAS
Milan slammed the fridge door shut and Lucas jumped as he sat on the kitchen counter.

"Whoops." Milan set down the milk carton next to Lucas, reaching around him to grab a big bowl and spoon.

"I still think it's weird that you're making pancakes at three in the afternoon," Lucas said as he leaned back against the closed cabinet. He pulled his leg up in front of him, balancing his phone on his knee dangerously. Milan gave him and his knee a look before shrugging and continuing to put ingredients together, spilling some flour on the counter.

"Pancakes are food for the soul. They fit every time of day. Or night."

Lucas shrugged. He heard a door slam in the hallway and looked up as the kitchen door opened to reveal Ralph, finishing tucking his shirt in.

"Couldn't do that in the bathroom?" Milan asked as he and Lucas stared.

"No." Ralph finished and dropped his hands, taking a deep breath, and stretched, popping his back. Lucas made a face.

"Hey!" Ralph pointed a finger at him. "When am I going to really meet this Jens?"

Lucas felt his face heat up as a smile grew.

"I don't know, eventually?"

"Soon."

"Okay, dad." 

Ralph's jaw dropped, offended, and Lucas and Milan laughed. Milan mixed some milk into the bowl, stating, "He makes you so...smiley."

Lucas grinned again, not trying to hide it. Jens had that effect on him.

"Okay, mom," he said, looking at Milan, waiting for a reaction. It took a second before Milan reacted as he focused on mixing, getting lumps of flour out.

"I'm not going to take offense to that, moms are badass. And if it means I had to deal with raising you?" He cut a look at Lucas. "I'm the most badass."

"Oh-kay," Lucas got out, holding his finger up like he was going to defend himself before his words were cut off with laughter, which intensified when he saw Ralph laughing. "Bullies."

"Hm." Milan bent over, examining the bowl closely, before straightening his back and mixing harder, more aggressively. "This damn flour," he muttered.

"You should have sifted it first," Lucas said, leaning in slightly to look. Milan scraped the bottom of the bowl and dry flour trailed along the bottom, a gap in the batter.

"Because you're an expert on pancakes?"

"I bake with my mom sometimes. You clearly don't."

"What is going on today?" Milan looked at Lucas, laughing, and Lucas giggled, his eyes and nose crinkling.

His phone began to buzz, and he caught it before it dropped the ground. He smiled when he flipped it around and read who was calling.

"Hey," he said into the phone after answering.

"Hey, baby." He heard voices in the background behind Jens's voice, cooing and whistling, teasing. "What's up?"

"Nothing, really. Hanging out in Milan's kitchen while he makes pancakes."

"Pancakes?"

"Yeah." Lucas looked at Milan pointedly and gestures to his phone. Weird, he mouthed. The voices spoke on Jens's side, muffled enough that he couldn't understand them, but not enough that he couldn't recognize Moyo bickering with Aaron. He heard Jens pull the phone away, his voice quiet as he said, "Shut the fuck up," to them.