Dondersdag 13:18

trigger warning: homophobic speech
JENS
"I don't know, it's just kind of weird isn't it?"

Jens listened to the two girls sitting nearby his table and Aaron, Moyo, and Robbe talked about a class they all shared together.

"I guess? I just don't really get it," the girl responded to her friend.

"Well, of course, you don't, you're not one of them."

"But why both, can't they just, like, pick a side?"

"It's just so they have more choices." She was quiet for a second before continuing, "That's why you have to be careful if you're dating one, they're more likely to cheat."

Jens realized what they were talking about.

Him.

"Oh, true." She sighed. "Gay guys are cute. I don't mind them. Kind of a waste when they're hot, but it's whatever. Lesbians, though..."

"Oh, god."

Jens glanced at them and saw that they both were making disgusted faces. His stomach dropped.

"So uncomfortable. I heard there's one in our gym class. Ew."

"I heard there's a bi guy in history. I bet it's Adam. He seems so gay."

"I think being 'bi'" —she did finger quotes— "is just him trying to kind of normal before saying he's gay. He's just trying not to be gay."

"Mm."

Jens realized the guys had fallen quiet while the girls spoke. He turned to look at them and caught Robbe's eye. Robbe looked at him sadly before looking at his food in front of him, swallowing. Jens looked at Moyo, who sat in front of him.

Moyo was glaring the girls, not noticing Jens looking at him.

"Can you both shut the fuck up?" Moyo said. Jens raises his eyebrows, surprised. Robbe looked at Moyo and then Jens, looking startled.

"I'm sorry?" one of them said. She looked offended like she had a right to be. Moyo leaned closer.

"Shut the fuck up."

Jens suppressed a smile as the girls both scoffed and looked at each other before grabbing their things and pushing themselves up, their movements aggressive. They walked away, rolling their eyes and looking at each other with looks that read Can you believe them?

Moyo continued to glare at them until he finally turned to look at Jens when they were out of sight. Jens gave him a smile.