Zaterdag 13:52

JENS
Jens sat on the sofa in his living room, his eyes staring blankly at an episode of The Adventures of Tintin as his sister sat on the floor. Lotte was colouring one of the books he'd giver her for Christmas.

Jens was curled up against the armrest of the sofa, his knees pulled up to his chest, with his hood over his head. A dark blanket was covering his body, and he shifted, pulling it up to his chin, shutting his eyes briefly.

He heard the front door open and opened his eyes to watch his mom enter, dropping two canvas bags on the counter of the kitchen, and then sit next to him on the sofa, letting out a deep breath and leaving her red coat on. She looked over at him, and made a face, crinkling her nose and sticking out her tongue. He laughed quietly, facing Tintin again.

He felt the sofa move as she scooted closer to him, wrapping her arm around his shoulders and nuzzling her face into his neck. He dropped his head onto hers, sighing, and shut his eyes again.

She moved back slightly, keeping her arm around him and whispered, "Okay?" softly.

He nodded, and looked forward, his eyes sad.

"What's wrong, hm?" She shook him lightly, pressing her forehead to his cheek.

Jens shook his head and shrugged, not able to tell her, to explain everything.

I've fallen in love with the most beautiful boy in all the universes, and I think he hates me, and I think it's my fault.

He let go of the blanket and stuck his hand out from under it, asking silently for hers. She slid her hand into his, sighing, and laid her head on his shoulder again. He turned his head, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead.

From the floor, Lotte looked up at them, looking happier than either of them felt. She pushed herself up from the floor and climbed on top of Jens, forcing his legs down, and wrapped her arms around Jens's neck and he uncovered her free arm and wrapped it around her, squishing her cheek against his. He couldn't help but smile.